Faith

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fustar

Reaction score
Having a relationship with God and exploring what be wants me to do, and be as a person has helped me tremendously. I know people don't like religion (why would you?) but faith is something more. God can do wonderous things, and this is a perfect place for people to give God a shot. Pray pray pray, and see what he can do. You might of tried everything you can think of, but if you haven't tried God I implore you to. If you have I implore you try again and give trust and faith with every fiber of your being. You won't be disappointed.

You won’t be disappointed?
When I was just a little girl I used to cry in my bed, folding my hands and begging someone to help me. Literally begging for God or some other higher power to take me away from the nightmare that was my childhood. When I was 11 years old and God didn’t show up, even after a year of praying every single day, I kind of got the point. Nobody’s coming.

I do however respect your beliefs. We all should try and find those things that help us cope with life. If God is helping you, then I think it’s great. 🌈 I find myself wishing I had the capacity to have faith in God. It must be a good feeling to have this invisible essence hugging you and supporting you.

Reminds me of a quote from Hannibal: Typhoid and swans, it all comes from the same place.

Unfortunately we all must suffer, it doesn't mean God isn't there. I understand why you feel as you do, but real faith even changes those feelings. Who can question why God does what he does? Perhaps what you went through was so you could be strong enough to survive something else, or perhaps there is a bigger reason you haven't discovered yet.

Does it feel better when to you when you attribute a positive event in your life to God's intervention rather than to mere coincidence? That's really the only question I have. Because you already explained that a negative event often happens for a reason and that seems to provide comfort - at least to you. The thing I usually don't get about faith is that no matter what happens, God let it happen for a reason and that eases the believer's mind.

Jessicat said:
You won’t be disappointed?
When I was just a little girl I used to cry in my bed, folding my hands and begging someone to help me. Literally begging for God or some other higher power to take me away from the nightmare that was my childhood. When I was 11 years old and God didn’t show up, even after a year of praying every single day, I kind of got the point. Nobody’s coming.

I do however respect your beliefs. We all should try and find those things that help us cope with life. If God is helping you, then I think it’s great. 🌈 I find myself wishing I had the capacity to have faith in God. It must be a good feeling to have this invisible essence hugging you and supporting you.

Reminds me of a quote from Hannibal: Typhoid and swans, it all comes from the same place.

Jessicat,

I understand where you are coming from.  When I was 11, my mother died, and I prayed and prayed so hard for God to save her and make her better. But that didn't happen.   I have always stayed an atheist after that...and am still one today.

However, I support everyone's beliefs and feelings regarding religion and whatever God or entity they may regard as a higher power.

I also agree that I think it is great that God is helping you Fustar, it makes me happy.

If you believe in God, does that mean you also believe in the devil? 
If bad stuff happens, is it God that sent that pain to you? I get the feeling that some believers feel that God is testing their faith when honeysuckle hits the fan. Or, maybe it’s the devils fault? 
Ahh.. the questions. 

Feels good to know there are other heretics on this site, Danielle. 🥳

Jessicat said:
If you believe in God, does that mean you also believe in the devil? 
If bad stuff happens, is it God that sent that pain to you? I get the feeling that some believers feel that God is testing their faith when honeysuckle hits the fan. Or, maybe it’s the devils fault? 
Ahh.. the questions. 

Feels good to know there are other heretics on this site, Danielle. 🥳

One thing that alwats puzzled me within Christianity mostly, but a reccuring theme in all of them in general, is the concept of eternal damnation. Heaven is run by God, the Devil rules Hell, right? So if you lead a good life, you get rewarded with Heaven. But if you have a bad one, you get eternal torture in Hell, or variations thereof. My question is...why? If the Devil is the bad guy and you were a ****** most of your life, why wouldn't he REWARD that instead of punishing it? Unless the punishment is dealt by God, in which case Satan running Hell really makes no sense because he really doesnt do anything at all...
Indeed, the questions. Mark me down as on the heretics bandwagon, I'd much rather think I'll be fighting with Odin and Tyr when Ragnarok comes ;-)

Richard, that’s brilliant! 
Ooo goodie!
I wonder what my reward from the devil will be. 
You all better vouch for me. 
🔥*evil laugh*🔥

Well let me answer some questions and misconceptions here. The devil is not the bad guy, he doesn't run anything. His sole goal is to keep you from doing what God desires from you. In essence he thinks he could be a better leader and tried to take the spot of God. That's why God cast him out. Secondly God rules all, the devil doesn't not run hell, and if you are cast in the pit you aren't tortured forever, you're just done. God doesn't wish suffering on anyone. And to answer the question I know is coming, God doesn't cause suffering on earth we do, but through faith we are supposed to work together to make it better. If you see suffering we aren't called to just pray but act as well. Most Christians don't understand that. Plus I don't like Christianity either because it is a religion and God doesn't like religion. To people on the outside so to speak would call me a Christian, but I'm a follower of Jesus and that's the name of the game.

I am glad you are asking questions and giving me a chance to correct and educate you on some things, it helps me tremendously. Keep it coming! Just remember I'm one dude, and do not have all the answers unfortunately.

So you are more of a one man band, Fustar? Hmm. I like that. 🥳

Ok. But I thought the archangel Samael caused the rebellion in heaven to get rid of God, God then casts Samael down to hell where he is made to punish the sins of man. So he isn’t punishing anybody down there? Or does he just go around tempting humans to do bad stuff? 
If he isn’t down in hell roasting people like me, then what is he doing?
Does he still work for God, or does God hate him? 
Yup, my head is spinning. 
I must say I have always found lore and stories wonderful. I learned to read by reading books of Norse mythology. Loved Odin and his horse Sleipnir who had 8 legs.

Hmm I'm not sure who Samael is. Lucifer is the name of the devil and the devil is the name humans gave to him among many others. He doesn't roast people in hell. This is why I encourage people to read the bible, many misconceptions created by tv and movies. Lucifer gathered support of 1/3 of the angels and rebelled against God, and they were cast out. So Lucifer demons are ex angels, and he goes across the earth testing mankind and trying to get then to worship him and deny God. God is very forgiving, He even forgives Lucifer. God is so forgiving that He is giving us time to repent before the rapture, and He is also going to give those left a chance to be saved after that. But no the Devil is not in charge of anything, nor can he reward, nor would he because he is selfish. He has no real power, kinda like a high school president lol.

Fustar said:
Well let me answer some questions and misconceptions here. The devil is not the bad guy, he doesn't run anything. His sole goal is to keep you from doing what God desires from you. In essence he thinks he could be a better leader and tried to take the spot of God. That's why God cast him out. Secondly God rules all, the devil doesn't not run hell, and if you are cast in the pit you aren't tortured forever, you're just done. God doesn't wish suffering on anyone. And to answer the question I know is coming, God doesn't cause suffering on earth we do, but through faith we are supposed to work together to make it better. If you see suffering we aren't called to just pray but act as well. Most Christians don't understand that. Plus I don't like Christianity either because it is a religion and God doesn't like religion. To people on the outside so to speak would call me a Christian, but I'm a follower of Jesus and that's the name of the game.

I am glad you are asking questions and giving me a chance to correct and educate you on some things, it helps me tremendously. Keep it coming! Just remember I'm one dude, and do not have all the answers unfortunately.

well that's totally right.I do believe in god.I am very spirituality. and this world is place for examiner and we are giving our best .that's y as one problem solved other came up quickly. this is place for fighter.

I thought Samael was the devil. 
But there yah go! You learn new stuff every day.
😇

The problem I've found with this type of faith is that it's blind, which I find to be empty. We belong to the Earth, that's what I know, that's where my faith is.

Fustar said:

You aren't really giving answers.  You are giving your opinions.  

You don't know what "most Christians" understand. You don't know that God doesn't like religion. Religion is simply believing in a higher power, usually a God. So by following Jesus and believing in God, you are in a religion. 

As I have no intention of turning this into a debate, I will stop there.

offtopic but.. I lowkey believe fairies exist. I thought one day I will see a fairy if I had faith that I will. 
But I did not see any fairy, only butterflies and moths.
That is the closest thing you can get to a fairy, now what has fairies got to do with God?

Faith is a very amazing thing, it depend what your faith is in. Sometimes your faith can become weak or strong, but the point is you still have faith and hope. 
And you will see it, maybe not as you imagined, but in some other way.

I still like fairies though, I need to grow up lol -_-

Fairy!
Ohh. Would take them over God any day. 
Would hope they kept a pouch full of magical fairy dust for me to enjoy.
(Just for flying purposes ofc) 😁

Latest posts

Back