Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My wishes and my inadequacy seem to contradict one another
I went for a job interview today.  It was a company that was mostly consisted of people my own age - one of the main reasons I went for it was because it was, like I said, mostly people around my own age who worked there.  As much as I do wish that I could have more to do with people of my own age group, when I was there - and I saw all those tall, mature-looking confident guys, it made me feel a little small.

Does anyone else have that problem?  Feeling inferior around certain others? How do you deal with it?
To quote a popular werewolf film - 'Everyone's cursed.  It's called life'
I’ve always faked it. The more you do it, the easier it gets. 
Probably not the most healthy thing to do! 😂
When I’m in a situation where I feel insecure I straighten my back, put on a smile, I try to ease my mind and focus on breathing calmly. It’s comforting to feel like you can cool yourself down in almost any situation. My mind can still me a hot mess but it gets me thru it.
Someone long ago gave me some tips that ultimately helped with my first ever job interview and I think ultimately got me my first job.I was nineteen years old ,very shy, lacking confidence , and absolutely bricking it at the thought of being interviewed by a panel of three people . Whoever it was I just can't remember but they told me to enter that room with a big smile , shake all the interviewers with a good firm handshake look them all dead in the eye but the important bit...imagine them all wearing knickers and pants only Toungue . Believe you me it worked a treat almost to the point that I was bordering on cocky my confidence was so high and I got the job .Maybe not applicable to you cause you've already got the job but I carried this on for the first few days of the job and I feel now it really helped with my feelings of inferiority and helped break the ice with my future work colleagues.I know this sounds a pants idea but it worked for me...good luck mate Smile
Thanks. Competition is often fierce. We can only do our best in life.
To quote a popular werewolf film - 'Everyone's cursed.  It's called life'