Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My wishes and my inadequacy seem to contradict one another
I went for a job interview today.  It was a company that was mostly consisted of people my own age - one of the main reasons I went for it was because it was, like I said, mostly people around my own age who worked there.  As much as I do wish that I could have more to do with people of my own age group, when I was there - and I saw all those tall, mature-looking confident guys, it made me feel a little small.

Does anyone else have that problem?  Feeling inferior around certain others? How do you deal with it?
'When the pack rejects their weakest member, he learns to adapt and to find his own way.  He is the lone wolf.'
I’ve always faked it. The more you do it, the easier it gets. 
Probably not the most healthy thing to do! 😂
When I’m in a situation where I feel insecure I straighten my back, put on a smile, I try to ease my mind and focus on breathing calmly. It’s comforting to feel like you can cool yourself down in almost any situation. My mind can still me a hot mess but it gets me thru it.
We all have demons, I just choose to feed mine.
Someone long ago gave me some tips that ultimately helped with my first ever job interview and I think ultimately got me my first job.I was nineteen years old ,very shy, lacking confidence , and absolutely bricking it at the thought of being interviewed by a panel of three people . Whoever it was I just can't remember but they told me to enter that room with a big smile , shake all the interviewers with a good firm handshake look them all dead in the eye but the important bit...imagine them all wearing knickers and pants only Toungue . Believe you me it worked a treat almost to the point that I was bordering on cocky my confidence was so high and I got the job .Maybe not applicable to you cause you've already got the job but I carried this on for the first few days of the job and I feel now it really helped with my feelings of inferiority and helped break the ice with my future work colleagues.I know this sounds a pants idea but it worked for me...good luck mate Smile
Thanks. Competition is often fierce. We can only do our best in life.
'When the pack rejects their weakest member, he learns to adapt and to find his own way.  He is the lone wolf.'