Christmas Card Exchange 2018

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Pathfinder

I've been definitely feeling the Christmas bug lately in Canada with the snow falling.  I know that this was originally Eve's thread, and then Sofiasmami did a beautiful job running it for years.  This thread has a legacy of happiness that would be wonderful to continue.

I've been checking, as I'm sure some of you also have.  I don't think I've missed a thread starting, but if I have please point me in the right direction.

There has been a lot of change: some loss, some love, some joy, some tears.    I truly hope that I am not overstepping, and that we can spread some cheer to each other over the holiday season.

To quote the lovely Teresa:

"Anyone who would like to exchange a card or cards, please post in this thread. Some members prefer to only send cards or only receive cards and if you only want to send/ receive/ exchange one card instead of multiples, that is fine as well.

I'm starting the thread early because cards may take a few weeks or longer to get to locations like Asia or Europe from the US.

I'll compile a list of members who would like to participate and in a week or two, I'll post it in this thread. Members can reach out to each other by PM for addresses. Addresses are kept confidential.

So if you're new here or you've been around awhile but haven't done it yet, feel free to jump in too - the more, the merrier! 
smile.gif

smile.gif

I will start with stating my preference :"

Pathfinder :  I will exchange cards with multiple members.
ringwood - exchange with multiples
AmyTheTempermental - exchange with multiples
Cavey - exchange with multiples
DeepTxWater - exchange with multiples
zero - exchange with multiples
ladyforsaken - receive, possibly send
Rainbows - exchange with multiples (?)
kaetic - exchange with multiples, more comfortable with e-cards

Wonderful Pathfinder! I was wondering if we'd do a A.L.L. card exchange this year - with the Canada Post strike, I was hesitant to post anything as I didn't want to disappoint anyone hoping to get a card in time for the holidays and have it arrive around Easter! I am in for sure, and will exchange cards with multiple members...:)

P.S. - "Snow falling...." I'm jealous! Still haven't had any here, I'm getting antsy without the snow.

I'm very happy to see some interest on the thread as well receive some PM's.   This has always been a very positive part of ALL and in the spirit of giving.

Everyone is welcome to participate..... whether you have in the past, are new to A.L.L., know anyone or do not know anyone....everyone is welcome. 

I have had a few questions regarding the process of exchanging that I will do my best to answer.  

- It is fine to say that you only want to send, or only want to receive.

- It's fine to say that you are willing to be approached about sending and receiving ( hence my saying I'm willing to exchange cards with multiple people).

- Some are only comfortable seeing who is interested, and privately PMing those they know.

- If someone has expressed an interest in exchanging on the thread, just send them a PM and ask them if they would like to exchange cards.  You do not need to know each other.

- Christmas Cards and mailing can be an extra expense around the holidays, as well some are not comfortable giving out names and addresses.....that's all good :)  - it is fine to send personal PM's and E Cards etc as part of the exchange. 

It is whatever you are comfortable with, and whatever makes you happy.  In my experience I have PM'd, emailed and snail mailed based on the wishes of other ALL members.

I hope this helps answer some questions.  :D

I know I've played little part in the forum for the last year, but I'm happy to exchange cards with anyone who wishes. I'll no doubt contact those people who I have exchanged with in previous years - although I notice that many of them have been absent for quite some time :(

Cavey said:
I know I've played little part in the forum for the last year, but I'm happy to exchange cards with anyone who wishes. I'll no doubt contact those people who I have exchanged with in previous years - although I notice that many of them have been absent for quite some time :(
I wish.  :club:

ringwood said:
Wonderful Pathfinder! I was wondering if we'd do a A.L.L. card exchange this year - with the Canada Post strike, I was hesitant to post anything as I didn't want to disappoint anyone hoping to get a card in time for the holidays and have it arrive around Easter! I am in for sure, and will exchange cards with multiple members...:)

P.S. - "Snow falling...." I'm jealous! Still haven't had any here, I'm getting antsy without the snow.

I'm hoping the strike won't interfere :D

I've had snow for a couple of weeks now,  at home.  But there is none in the wee town that I work in.  I'm sure it will come your way soon.

AmyTheTemperamental said:
I would like to exchange, thanks.

Sounds great Amy!

Cavey said:

I'm hoping they are lurking around.....not unlike some of us  ;)

It would be nice to have to some new people join as well.  :D  Fingers crossed.

DeepTxWater said:
What a pleasant idea.  I'd be glad to exchange some cards.

Sounds great!   :)

Yay, thank you for the initiative, Pathfinder .
I'm in as usual, for both send&receive.

Thanks for initiating, Pathfinder. I was wondering about it myself last month, but I haven't been up to it to get stuff going.

I'm not sure I'll be able to send any this year, but I might try to a few. I can't promise it though.

I'm open to receive, if any, no pressure though. Hugs to all.

ladyforsaken said:
Thanks for initiating, Pathfinder. I was wondering about it myself last month, but I haven't been up to it to get stuff going.

I'm not sure I'll be able to send any this year, but I might try to a few. I can't promise it though.

I'm open to receive, if any, no pressure though. Hugs to all.

Wonderful to hear from you Lady.  :)

Hopefully more cards make it to you....I don't think mine did last year.  I'll mail multiples again :D

Well, the Canadian postal strike has ended begrudgingly, so I hope to mail my cards today for those who live afar.

Anyone is welcome to join in!  it is nice feeling to receive a Christmas Card in the mail over the holidays.  Some of us have participated before, and some are new.  We were all new at one time :D

Feel free to participate at any time.

I've mailed cards. And would happily send to anyone else who would like to receive.

I just want to say I think this is a wonderful idea. I'm not going to participate, but I encourage others to do so. Receiving something special addressed to you during the Holidays is a great way to alleviate loneliness and isolation. Nice job Pathfinder :)

I would like to participate. I'm fine with just sending or exchanging if anyone wants to send me one. But I'd probably only be sending e-cards... Not really comfortable giving out my address. :)

Rainbows said:
I want to participate!

Sounds great Rainbows!

kaetic said:
I would like to participate. I'm fine with just sending or exchanging if anyone wants to send me one. But I'd probably only be sending e-cards... Not really comfortable giving out my address. :)
Sounds great.  Whatever you are comfortable with. :D

December 1st tomorrow ....feel free to join in at anytime. PM those that you wish to exchange cards with :D

This is the list I have so far

Pathfinder
Ringwood
DeepTXWater
Cavey
AmyTheTempermental
Soursoul (ecards only)
Kaetic (ecards only)
Rainbows
Zero
ladyforesaken

OK, so I've been very busy and haven't got around to contacting anyone yet and no one has contacted me, so I'm going to officially withdraw. Sorry about that. I might contact a couple of people privately if I've exchanged with them before and if I can find a spare few minutes.

Latest posts

Back