What words do you hate to hear?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 150037

Reaction score
What three words irritate you the most - (Other than cuss words)

- The first word is...'LOSER' - the reason being that it is a horrible word that is used to judge and look down on people who are less fortunate than others.

- The second word is...'VIRGIN' - not the word itself, but how it's used - often in sitcoms and comedy films - as a way of shaming adults who have never had sex.

- The third word is...'PATHETIC' - If someone calls you pathetic it's usually because you're failing to live up to their unrealistic and unfair expectations.  Falls into the same realm as 'loser'.

I'm sure there are more, but these three came to mind first.

'Honestly' is a word that, when someone says it to me, makes me doubt the veracity of what they are saying so that's the word that sprang to my mind.

Promise.

I've known too many people in my life who use that word freely with no idea what it means.

Can't- Most people who say can't, actually mean won't.  It annoys me.

Hate- It's an overused word that has seriously lost meaning because people use it for everything.

There are a ton more, but those are my biggest dislikes.  Most are obvious ones like racist terms, terms like loser and whatnot, etc.  And of course grammar errors ::p

I can usually take lots of positive stuff from most bad words thrown at me. 

One thing I do hate is being called stupid.

Poo- I mean just look at it. Why is it even a word?

Supercalifragilisticexpialadoscious - Adding a word because of a Disney movie is like adding sugre to lakes because the water tastes bland.

But - I recall wars starting right after that. Maybe there shouldnt be anymore buts ever again.

If people didn't give words so much power, they wouldn't have have intrinsic offensive connotations in the first place. Plus, it's like a joke - you can make fun of anything just make sure the joke is good... I think it's silly to be bothered by a word.

When somebody says “can’t” it’s most likely because they are not physically can do the task at hand. I know i “can’t” pick up a telephone poll off the ground with my bare hands and throw it across the street, it doesn’t justify you won’t.

Whatever is the one that grinds my gears. When someone only can comes up with “whatever”, it’s just a big cop out and can’t deal with that particular situation hands on.

hewhowalksalone said:
What three words irritate you the most - (Other than cuss words)

- The first word is...'LOSER' - the reason being that it is a horrible word that is used to judge and look down on people who are less fortunate than others.

- The second word is...'VIRGIN' - not the word itself, but how it's used - often in sitcoms and comedy films - as a way of shaming adults who have never had sex.

- The third word is...'PATHETIC' - If someone calls you pathetic it's usually because you're failing to live up to their unrealistic and unfair expectations.  Falls into the same realm as 'loser'.

I'm sure there are more, but these three came to mind first.

last orders please :club:

The word "loser"
Only loosr can says to anybody "loser" I just hate hear when anyone said this to me or anybody.

Latest posts

Back