I am alone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paris90

Reaction score
I live in a big city I am 28 years old I have a good job and my life is all about work and home and replay I literally don't have social life. I studied university in a smaller town I didn't have a perfect student life now was bad I made a few good friends from that era but now each of them lives in different cities and I see them one two times a year. The problem is I don't have friends in my city neither do I have a relationship I tried every possible acquaintance through work hobbies events activities cousins dudes I met while on military service but nothing. It is like people are afraid to make you friend when you try to contact them it's like you threaten their existence. In the job where I  spend most of the time the majority of coworkers is women who are all in a relationships and if you suggest them doing something as a group they are indifferent. As a 28 yo I don't feel the same need to go out as I was younger but I want to go out once in a while a friday or saturday night. All work and no play make jack whatever.. I want to go out and I don't have any friends..

I am sorry that life is like that for you. I hope you can discover why you don't have friends and then improve your social life.
In the meantime, I'm glad you're here.

Paris90, I know what you mean about trying to befriend people who just shrug you off. I've had people change the subject when I've clearly asked them if they're on facebook or asked them what they're doing at the weekend.

On Meetup.com I put discussions on the boards about asking if anyone would like bowling or video games etc. - cos let's face it most of the arranged events on meetup are generic crap. But people post vague statements like 'I bet there are some people on here who might...' or 'There's this club that does that...'. They completely ignore the fact that I'm asking them if they want to do this stuff with me. So, yeah, I know what you mean.

You're not alone in feeling alone - I can tell you that. :)

Latest posts

Back