why do i have to give this thread a subject?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainbows

Reaction score
yo hey guys, if you know who i am then great, then you'll understand my thread a lot better!!! haha. 

Anyway for the past few months i've been feeling depressed and very lonely. So, hm, I went out there to the ppl i actually /see/ on a weekly basis but never talk to and said "hello, i am feeling very lonely lately and am trying to make friends, please be my friend" and then engaged them into conversation everyday. i listened to them, made jokes with them and when i saw them, we were better acquantaines after a week. every week i'd remind them that i was feeling lonely and just wanted them to be my friend.

now, i can see you laughing and going like "pls stop trolling" but boy, was i surprised when i did a huge change in my life and ppl messaged me to ask if i was okay. not only that, but then just a bit ago something happened and i really wanted to talk to someone and imagine my surprise when not one, but three (!!!) of them offered to talk. wow. even someone wanted to make PLANS!!!! to talk.

i was mindblown. 

i can confirm now i've made at least 6 semi-friends by saying "hello i am lonely please be my friend". you should all def try it out.

shooketh.

TheRealCallie said:
Congrats, but you should really use a shift key every now and then.  :)

That's so offensive, please apologize for hurting my feelings, CALLIE!!!!!

Rainbows said:
TheRealCallie said:
Rainbows said:
TheRealCallie said:

Offensive is as offensive does. :club:

i don't understand

You should expand your horizons on American movies. :club:

TheRealCallie said:
Rainbows said:
TheRealCallie said:
Rainbows said:
TheRealCallie said:

Offensive is as offensive does. :club:

i don't understand

You should expand your horizons on American movies. :club:

you are my horizon

Hate to break the love fest but good for you Rainbows. Sometimes you have to put yourself out there and take the leap, it just doesn't drop in your lap. You've just proven to everyone that if you try then it can pay off.

When I was waiting to be interviewed for a job there was a girl doing some stock - I simply asked her how long she worked here and it grew into a conversation about jobs. It was only brief, but to me that's an achievement.

As far as making plans goes - I was on that whatsapp group for a month, and while I made the effort, not one of them took an interest in my life or expressed an interest in doing anything with me. I do however believe that it's either because I don't try hard enough or I try with the wrong people.

But it feels great when it does happen - rare as it is. You have inspired me, Rainbows. Perhaps we could all use that little extra inspirational push from time to time.

Update, since I've been feeling a bit better. There's a whole entire story I can't post on the forum to keep my own privacy, but anyway - let's go.

I've been proactively inviting my friends to go out with me.

here goes:

person 1:
me: do you want to go out for coffee sometime maybe? ^_^
them: yes! let's meet next week!

(we are meeting next week)

person 2 (I barely know this person, hahaha):
me: WANNA DINNER DATE?
them: you and me???
me: yes
them: sure!!!!

(going out for dinner next week)

person 3 (my former boss):
me: i miss you
them: no one misses me
me: i do, you just never have time
them: *proposes date to hang out*

(hanging out)

Today I spent three hours talking with someone I don't actually know that well, but for the past few days, we've talked a lot. I keep starting the conversation but I know it will eventually get better.

Update coming soon, life is changing about pretty soon.

We're already a bit further. I went to an event somewhere last week and got injured, sadly. One of the people I've been trying to befriend was there with me and took care of me after my injury. He's really giving off big brother vibes and it's great. I don't think I've ever had any kind of friend looking out for me during an event like he did.

There's another guy I've been trying to be better friends with and I'm glad to say it's working! Why do I say this? Actually, his girlfriend has been starting to send me cute gifs and messages about how cute I am and she sends me video's of him doing weird things. Okay, I get how this sounds like, and y'all gon' be like "oh she's just jealous and blah blah" - assure you, that's definitely not the case. They've known my SO for way longer than I have and they're just really great.

And lastly, I keep being amazed by the friend who phoned me for 30 minutes after I started crying about something stupid. He's a really interesting person and has become my study buddy whenever. If I get a panic attack, he'll make sure I start singing for a bit to regain control of my breathing.

And last but not least, my former boss has agreed to doing a quiz night with me. I've been asking him to hang out with me for such a long time now but I guess it's easier to invite him to something I know he likes. Exciting.

I've got my first friend-meeting with someone on Wednesday. We'll be back.

Hey y'all I'm BACK

Didn't go to that thing on wednesday, I had period pains. However I have a Christmas Party on friday. Uhm. We'll see.

Latest posts

Back