Regrets

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Phantimos

Ever feel like going back in time and redoing a bunch of stuff you think you could have done differently?

I was thinking about things in my life I regret not doing/doing the way I did at the time. A bunch of stuff came up of course but then, I thought to myself:"I am the result of my experiences am I not? Then changing how I behaved in those situations would ultimately fundamentally change who I am".

Now, despite everything I see is wrong with me, I am happy with the kind of person that I am. Then again, I have never been anyone else so there is no base for comparison. So who's to say if changing who I am could be for better or worse?. I suppose it is ultimately subjective.

For those who read this all the way through, you get a star 🔯 for effort and a kiss 😘(don't make it weird).

> Ever feel like going back in time and redoing a bunch of stuff you think you could have done differently?

I do not care about past.
I could not live my life better than I have lived.
Even if I have the second chance I would lived the same life.
It was impossible to avoid all that mistakes.
I was doomed to do all I have done.
Moreover, I do not believe in freedom of will. I believe in fate. All my mistakes are just my fate.
There is no escape, no freedom, no second chance.

Uhh..
Get your point, we are our experiences.
However. Even tho I like myself for who I am now I would still change everything. 
Would take that opportunity in a heart beat. 
Mmm. Kisses. Yes, I like making it wierd. 🤓

You know, I say doing that is an exercise in futility. Of course everyone has regrets, of course I think the most insensitive of person would enjoy going back in time fixing those douchrbaggy moments of ours. But we cant, so thinking about it is ultimately a form of self-mutilation. Learning from those mistakes in order to not do them again, yes, but dwelling too much is as bad as not dwelling at all, IMO.

It is, however, as you say, very subjective and uncertain. No way of knowing. Unless we ever prove the Multiverse and find a way to view alternate timelines :)

It is futile.
But I find safety in pain.
The hurt I put on myself is both bitter and sweet.

I would change nothing. Regrets are pointless, IMO.

If I didn't go through what I did, I wouldn't be who I am now and I wouldn't have my kids. Besides, there's no way of knowing if your life would be better or worse if things happened differently, so I'll keep what I have, even with the honeysuckle I've been through.

TheRealCallie, if only I could think like you.

Then again, it's a decision, isn't it? We choose to cling onto our regrets and past hurts - but what good does it do us? All we can do is seek support in those who care about us, and who we care about - and try to learn from our experiences.

hewhowalksalone said:
TheRealCallie, if only I could think like you.

Then again, it's a decision, isn't it? We choose to cling onto our regrets and past hurts - but what good does it do us? All we can do is seek support in those who care about us, and who we care about - and try to learn from our experiences.

Lol, I didn't always think that way.  When I first came here 8 years ago, I was an angry, depressed person.  It was a completely different story back then.

Latest posts

Back