Does anyone have a tough time letting go of past hurts?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lonewolf33 said:
In the past I’ve grown close to people only to be discarded.

hewhowalksalone said:
Trouble is some people discard you without giving a thought about how they're making you feel.

All I can say is, some people are arrogant ******* pricks, men and women alike. It's as if they think they're made of stars, and you're made of sewage. They think they're "too good" for you, even just to give you common courtesy.

One thing that really boils my blood is this modern trend of how people don't "owe" you courtesy or an explanation or whatever. I feel like it's code for "if I think I'm better than someone, it's perfectly OK to treat them like honeysuckle". Everyone is so quick to tell you that they don't owe you this or that these days, and really I think it's them finally feeling like they have a blank check to be as rude and haughty as they always wanted. It's like they're happy that society has changed from valuing decency, to this new way where it's acceptable for you to be as much of a jerk as your social status will allow for. Usually, I find this is someone who's been getting by on luck their whole lives, someone for whom most things just seem to go their way, and think that it must be because they're naturally superior to others. I'd love to be a fly on the wall the day their luck runs out. Although maybe it's not worth getting angry about - if they are this stuck-up and this obsessed with social status and all these little rules and games, then maybe they aren't a good person to get to know anyway.

I don't know if it's just me, or if this generation is just more smug and conceited than past generations, or what. I'm sorry to hear what happened to you. One thing I was thinking was, if it's bothering you this much, apologize to that girl. If you can't tell her directly, then maybe try going through a mutual contact if you have one. I think I read about your situation before and the whole thing sounds like one big misunderstanding, which is a shame.

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you luck in getting to some kind of resolution.

Latest posts

Back