Please be careful on here, some people think it's just a dating site

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedNemesis

Reaction score
Thought I was making friends with someone, just wanted what you pay on a street corner for EWWWWW!!!!!! Should be banned

It goes on a lot here RedNemesis, shame you got caught up in it so soon after joining, but there are a lot of decent folk here too. Report to the Mods if you feel it was completely unacceptable.

Some people who are lonely think they are lonely because they don't have a significant other. You'll find people looking for dates and partners and sex wherever you go on the internet. We even have a singles thread here in networking.

So, unless what they are writing crosses a line or breaks the rules, there's not really much you can do. If they do cross a line or break the rules, definitely report it.

Jently said:
It goes on a lot here RedNemesis,  shame you got caught up in it so soon after joining, but there are a lot of decent folk here too.  Report to the Mods if you feel it was completely unacceptable.

Just glad it was me really, I can deal with losers like that. He called everyone losers on here too. What a horrible human being. He'd be lucky to pick someone up on a dating website with the language he used to me.

RedNemesis said:
Jently said:
It goes on a lot here RedNemesis,  shame you got caught up in it so soon after joining, but there are a lot of decent folk here too.  Report to the Mods if you feel it was completely unacceptable.

Just glad it was me really, I can deal with losers like that. He called everyone losers on here too. What a horrible human being. He'd be lucky to pick someone up on a dating website with the language he used to me.

That's why Tinder exists.

****. I never get the dirty pics.
Save Amy, who sent me a pretty olay olay link once, of a MASSIVE organ. :D

Whatsina said:
I'm sorry you had to deal with that :(

It's ok, I'm a big girl, thankfully. Thank you for your concern though. I know there are nice people on here too. :)

What's wrong with RedNemesis?

i had this exact same problem on that whatsapp group I was on - looks like I've driven away yet another by saying something that was taken the wrong way. I'm sorry - please, if anyone was offended by that post, let me know. Please, please, PLEASE don't just cut me off.

:(

hewhowalksalone said:

i had this exact same problem on that whatsapp group I was on - looks like I've driven away yet another by saying something that was taken the wrong way.  I'm sorry - please, if anyone was offended by that post, let me know.  Please, please, PLEASE don't just cut me off.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with your post, I saw it before you removed it.  Just a touch of oversensitivity on RedNemesis' part methinks.

Don't worry, you're fine :)

Thanks, Jently.

When things like this happen, I try telling myself that maybe I'm not the problem. But it makes me wonder how many perfectly nice people I've upset without even realizing it?

I figured she had gotten another PM from the same guy. ****...things escalate quickly.

hewhowalksalone said:

i had this exact same problem on that whatsapp group I was on - looks like I've driven away yet another by saying something that was taken the wrong way.  I'm sorry - please, if anyone was offended by that post, let me know.  Please, please, PLEASE don't just cut me off.

I read I too. You did nothing wrong. 🌈 Keep trucking on. 😉

I don't mind if people date those they've befriended (if I remember, one or two couples formed off here), but I agree it's gross if people join and send PMs just for that. They bail and leave a lonely person who was reaching out even lonelier if the offer is refused.

This is a place where people come to share and be vulnerable about their loneliness in a way they normally can't be. We bare our feelings, flaws, depression, rejection, failures. To rifle through it and pretend you care about all that to hit on women is... yeah, no.

hewhowalksalone said:

Nothing at all was wrong with your post.  It wasn't you.

hewhowalksalone said:

Yeah, mate. I saw it too. You did nothing wrong there, don't sweat it.
Some people just seem to want the dramatic exit?

Thanks for the reassurance, guys. I wished we weren't all scattered in different parts of the world, I really do. Cos it seems like we would all make one heck of a social group.

Latest posts

Back