Hello, thanks for looking

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FiftyFiveFeet

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Thanks for letting join the group. I’m a 37 year old man, second marriage, and feeling utterly alone in this world. My job as a project manager requires me to build relationships between people, but I can’t for the life of me build my own relationships. I’m an introvert to start, I literally have no real friend and no support in my life, and my family is worthless. My therapist says my wife is emotionally abusive, but without her, I would have literally no one. Plus, I don’t think I could even make it through another divorce. 

Anyway, I’m an open book, and not easy offended, so feel free to ask me anything. 

Thanks!

Hello.
Welcome.
This is a nice forum so I’m sure you will like it here. It’s cozy! 😁
I’m sorry to hear about your wife. Think a lot of people here are willing to listen of you need to talk.
Cheers. 🌈

Welcome! I read your comment in my new members thread and feel for you. It's certainly not a fun position to be in and the holidays sure don't seem to help.

Have you seen a counselor? I did at the beginning of the year, but it wasn't a great fit so unfortunately I didn't get much out of it. I plan on trying again at the beginning of the year.

Hello and welcome :)

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so alone at the moment. I know from personal experience how horrible it is to not have people supporting you, especially family who most people are able to take for granted as being there for them.

I hope you find this forum helpful, and you're welcome to message me if you ever need to talk.

wonderwoman said:
Welcome! I read your comment in my new members thread and feel for you. It's certainly not a fun position to be in and the holidays sure don't seem to help.

Have you seen a counselor? I did at the beginning of the year, but it wasn't a great fit so unfortunately I didn't get much out of it. I plan on trying again at the beginning of the year.

I’ve just started seeing a counselor after a few years off, and it is the first time I’ve felt a good connection, well, ever. I definitely would encourage you to try again. 

I agree, holidays are tough. I’m hoping between this forum and my therapist, they will be easier. 

PS. Your username is awesome :)

Haha thanks, it's really just me being a smarta$$. There is a thread on here somewhere that asks where your username is from. I explained it in there if you care to read. I'd love to know what Fiftyfivefeet means.

I'm glad you found a counselor you feel you can open up to. I plan on looking but it can be exhausting. If she isn't a fit then I'll have to go through my life history yet again for another hour with another stranger. Who knows maybe I will luck out with one. I'll walk in there with my fingers crossed. I have no excuse to keep trying though since my employer offers 8 free EAP sessions.....

Well in other news I put a little Christmas tree up a few days ago. It's only 3 feet tall, but I'm usually the only one that is interested in decorating it and always wound up doing it alone so that is what I got. We moved out of state and tossed the big one since we didn't have anywhere to put it in a tiny apartment. We have a house now but I still don't want anything bigger. Maybe one day I'll get a big one again, but for now I will keep it small.

How about you? Do you guys celebrate or decorate or anything?

wonderwoman said:
Haha thanks, it's really just me being a smarta$$. There is a thread on here somewhere that asks where your username is from. I explained it in there if you care to read. I'd love to know what Fiftyfivefeet means.

I tracked down your post and, at this risk of sounding cliche, it sounds like even at that low point there was still some hope in you that you would pull through it. Plus, it’s just an awesome username that you have own if it’s available ;)

I sincerely hope you are in a better place now then you were, and it’s great to hear you’re being proactive. I’m going to pm you (if that’s ok) some thoughts I have on therapists. Not that I’m an expert, but I’ve had some bad connections in my life and appreciate your frustration. 

So 3 years ago, I had what you could call a catastrophic equipment failure while rock climbing and fell 55 feet down the side of a cliff. First responders, doctors, nurses, everybody told me I “should be dead”, yet here I am. I broke 8 vertebrae, destroyed both ankles, spent 6 weeks in the hospital, and literally had laid flat on my back for 3 months.  Now I live with chronic, debilitating pain everyday. But I’m alive and I can walk, most days anyway :/

I’m glad to here you got to set up a Christmas tree, it definitely helps bring some joy into the holidays. I’m sad you have to decorate it alone though! I’m historically not big into Christmas, but I have always loved decorating the Christmas tree. I have a 2 year old this year, and we are hosting the wife’s family for Christmas, so we are going all out this year. It should be a chaotic week next week...

Any big plans for you for the holidays?

Latest posts

Back