Lonely because of your principles

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't know the exact meaning of your question, but yes, I do. For what it's worth, that's a good thing for all I know.

Nope. But what are you classing as principles? I'm lonely because I'm socially awkward, an introvert, shy, and got sick of being everyone's emotional doormat.

Do any of you find yourself lonely because of your principles?
It is not about me.
My principles are my own personal business; it is not for public.
People around me do not care about my ideas, beliefs and principles.

I find principals don't make me lonely for as long as my social skills work as needed.

Skinner!!!

Sorry - first thing that popped into my head when I read 'principals'.

My refusal to be like everyone else just to win friends. If that makes sense.

When I wanted to lose weight in my early twenties, I decided to drink less at first and eventually stopped completely. After that it became difficult to go out with my existing friends or to go out at all. Don't know if that qualifies though.

Other than that I can see how having a clash of morals or values could be a problem, especially if you can't find people who are alligned with you.

I decided not to have children, which I suppose one could call a "principle" although I think of it more like a lifestyle choice. It baffles my family to no end, and they can't accept it (even though my parents completely respect and even GET why). I get left out of things with my family intentionally because I chose this path, I'm quite sure. The relatives my age who have kids are included happily in things.

I’m not going to have children either. Known that since I was pretty young. All the girls I talked to about that just didn’t get it at all. Cause supposedly you have to have them. Even if you don’t want to and are just doing it to be “normal”
No thank you. I sure ain’t going to put my need to fit in over a child’s need.

Not principles, but morals. I would be better of being a worse person. Cheating, lying, being rude, dependent on drugs, politically opinionated.

I don't understand.. You are either good looking enough to get to have girlfriends and dates or you are not. LOL to XPE.. If you are not getting sex.. then you UGLY.. its that simple.. no girl wants to screw an ugly man. So you hide behind some stupid principle and pretend you have a life.. but you dont and would give everything to have a girlfriend.. well sorry.. welcome to having a painful life.. get over it.

Serenia said:
Do any of you find yourself lonely because of your principles?

I find myself lonely because of everything.

Sci-Fi said:
Nope.  But what are you classing as principles?  I'm lonely because I'm socially awkward, an introvert, shy, and got sick of being everyone's emotional doormat.

Co-signed 100%.

They do play a role. I want to be honest but my close friends and family prefer to be told what they want to hear than the truth. So there's a lack of depth there which makes me feel like I am not really connected to anyone.

Romantic pursuits are also extra difficult because I am a vegan, I don't drink and I don't want to engage in intimacy too early. Men have told me quite bluntly that these are the reasons why they don't see me as potential partner material.

Amelia said:
Romantic pursuits are also extra difficult because I am a vegan, I don't drink and I don't want to engage in intimacy too early. Men have told me quite bluntly that these are the reasons why they don't see me as potential partner material.

Then it is on them and not you..

Agree. But sadly, even if it’s not on her she still gets the problems with it.

Jessicat said:

Honestly, I don't see how it's a problem.  Why would you want to be with someone who can't accept you as you are?  fresia them, they aren't even worth fretting over.

BeyondShy said:
Then it is on them and not you..

I will try to remember this :)

TheRealCallie said:
Jessicat said:

Honestly, I don't see how it's a problem.  Why would you want to be with someone who can't accept you as you are?  fresia them, they aren't even worth fretting over.

Very true. But it's not that I care much about such guys (they're entitled to their expectations of a partner). It's more like Jessicat put it, the problems that come with such principles...like that it's so difficult to meet guys who could accept me as I am. Too few of them around. 

Still, I'll stick to my cauliflower buffalo wings and non-alco beer  :p

orbital said:
I don't understand.. You are either good looking enough to get to have girlfriends and dates or you are not. LOL to XPE.. If you are not getting sex.. then you UGLY.. its that simple.. no girl wants to screw an ugly man. So you hide behind some stupid principle and pretend you have a life.. but you dont and would give everything to have a girlfriend.. well sorry.. welcome to having a painful life.. get over it.

Ooookkkkaaayyy lmao.  I think you need to get over yourself and understand the question before you answer next time.  Anyway thanks for making me laugh and remember why I choose not to date :)

Amelia said:
TheRealCallie said:
Jessicat said:

Very true. But it's not that I care much about such guys (they're entitled to their expectations of a partner). It's more like Jessicat put it, the problems that come with such principles...like that it's so difficult to meet guys who could accept me as I am. Too few of them around. 

Still, I'll stick to my cauliflower buffalo wings and non-alco beer  :p

Honestly, I don't see what the fuss is about. 

So what if you don't eat certain things....how does that change how they eat?  Unless of course you don't like people eating meat around you and you throw in it their face how they are killing poor innocent creatures and all that.  That type of vegan can be really frustrating (and that's coming from another vegan. lol)

Same with the drinking.  Who cares what you choose to use to quench your thirst? Does that mean they can't? Does that mean you can't still go out and do things together?  I don't see how that would change anything.

As for sex thing.  I suppose that would depend on how early "too early" is and how you define intimacy.  Sex SHOULD wait.  You don't need to jump in the sack on the first **** date or even the first month or so.  Get to know each other, etc etc.  If a guy can't understand that, he's likely not the type of you want.  If it stretches to cuddling, hand holding, kissing (after a certain time period), I can understand why they would not want a relationship.  After all, if they get absolutely nothing, it's not even a relationship and you might as well just be their friend or sister. 

Honestly, I'm the same as you.  I don't drink, I'm vegan and I won't have sex just to have sex.  So I understand your feelings.

Latest posts

Back