New to the forum, hey :)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Th3Unforgiven

Reaction score
Hello there. Thanks for letting me in, I'd like to start by introducing myself and expressing the reason I joined the forum.
First of all, I'm not sad nor do I have depression even though I've been there multiple times. I'm 18 years old and currently studying. I've had many girlfriends and friends on the past, but have always kept 2 closer to me. My 2 best friends, who I consider pure gold in my life. Long story short, my best friends are currently far away as they have gone to study in another city. ( I can't call it college but it's something similar in Greece).  My heavy program and my nature generally doesn't allow me to meet new people and make connections, as I find anyone else not interesting enough. I don't know guys and gals, but I feel society and people have changed in the past years. Everyone seems to be ok with everyone else just staying in the surface and not getting to know the people around in a deeper level. It's been ages since I had a real, meaningful conversation. I really can be social, it's not that. It's that I have lost interest in doing so as I feel everyone (girls and friends) have nothing to give except some temporary pleasure and fun which gets lost later that night. I have a wonderful family, but let's be honest, I can't be spending 24 hours of my day with them.. so I can get to enjoy my loneliness. After all, my loneliness has never left me alone. I'm just sick of this planet, you know?
Sorry for any possible mistakes, haven't used my english for a while.

Love,
Nikos.

Thinking back to when I was your age....it's probably not society and everything is changing, it's that you are changing. I felt the same way but then realized everything was pretty much the way things were, but I was looking at it from a different perspective.

Hi there and welcome!  I'm also new!  I remember feeling similar when I went to university at your age.  Alone while surrounded by lots of other people, and bereft of forming meaningful bonds.  You can learn to be happy with your solitude and learn to be alone without being lonely most of the time, I believe.  But loneliness is a natural feeling and does happen to everyone.  Keep taking good care of yourself and let your studies occupy you!  You will learn a lot, and get valuable skills for life.  And who knows, as you work your program and the courses become more complex and you collaborate with other students, you may make a true friend or two.  But if not, you will come away from the experience a better person. :)

Hi There. I can relate to your need for interesting people to be around. Have you thought of joining a group? Meetup.com has a lot of interesting groups that cover many subjects. You can get together with like minded people. Good luck!

Th3Unforgiven said:
Hello there. Thanks for letting me in, I'd like to start by introducing myself and expressing the reason I joined the forum.
First of all, I'm not sad nor do I have depression even though I've been there multiple times. I'm 18 years old and currently studying. I've had many girlfriends and friends on the past, but have always kept 2 closer to me. My 2 best friends, who I consider pure gold in my life. Long story short, my best friends are currently far away as they have gone to study in another city. ( I can't call it college but it's something similar in Greece).  My heavy program and my nature generally doesn't allow me to meet new people and make connections, as I find anyone else not interesting enough. I don't know guys and gals, but I feel society and people have changed in the past years. Everyone seems to be ok with everyone else just staying in the surface and not getting to know the people around in a deeper level. It's been ages since I had a real, meaningful conversation. I really can be social, it's not that. It's that I have lost interest in doing so as I feel everyone (girls and friends) have nothing to give except some temporary pleasure and fun which gets lost later that night. I have a wonderful family, but let's be honest, I can't be spending 24 hours of my day with them.. so I can get to enjoy my loneliness. After all, my loneliness has never left me alone. I'm just sick of this planet, you know?
Sorry for any possible mistakes, haven't used my english for a while.

Love,
Nikos.

Hello, welcome! I understood you just fine. I hope things get better for you overtime. There's plenty of people here for you to get to know and be-friend, just try to be positive! Feel free to pm me if you'd like too. You can be honest as much as you want, I won't judge. Sometimes it's good to just chat with someone and talk about interests, hope you have a lovely time here. Don't give up hope! :D

Latest posts

Back