Behavioural Therapy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baka

Reaction score
Does anyone here have any experience with CBT or life coaches? If so, did it help?

I'm thinking I need something to help me with my social fears and behaviour. I think it's the root of all my problems. I've seen psycologists before, but none of them have suggested such treatments.

I've always like the idea of support groups as well. Not sure if you get that for social problems though.

I have seen it work wonders on a friend that have social anxiety. I think that when you struggle with stuff like that, forcing yourself to deal with it and teaching yourself that nothing bad is going to happen is what’s needed to fix those thoughts.
I would give it a try! 🌈

There's only one way to find out if it will work for you.

In the end though, you have to do all the hard work. They can just give you ideas and listen.

They have support groups for everything. lol (Not knocking them, but it's true.)

Honestly though, even if you find the "root" of the problem, it may not help you at all. I think it matters more how determined you are and if you are holding yourself back. Come on, we all do it. I'm not a life coach or a professional in any way shape or form, but I would suggest just giving yourself a break, stop thinking about it so much, have some fun. Sometimes it just takes forcing yourself to get out there. I'm not telling you to jump in the deep end by any means. Start small, do something a little outside your comfort zone. Go for a walk and say hi to people you pass, don't stop and talk to them, just say hi. When that's easy, ask them how they are or a comment about the weather, and just keep going until you get better with it. But, I'm not exactly sure what your social fears are, so those suggestions could be completely irrelevant. But you probably get the idea.

This forum is my 'life coach'. There have been many of you here who have helped me cope with certain issues. But, of course, a life coach may be more beneficial to some than others. Those are just my thoughts.

:)

Latest posts

Back