xmas sanctuary thread for ba hum bugg'ers [hee hee] and refugees

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chief broom

Reaction score
Jeez I find this festive period heavy going-like walking uphill until after the new year when its suddenly free wheeling! If Christmas is your thing I wish you well but if anyone knocks on my door with the intention of 'enforcing' jollity im going to plant an axe in there forehead !  :D hee hee. I walk the dog a lot over this period and do a lot of wildlife watching-its a good antidote keeping connected to the natural world. Its particularly beautiful here in the highlands at the mo and today walking by a loch the wildfowl looked quite dapper in what must be new plumage ready for the breeding season and also to get them through some harsh months to come. I feel good being free of any seasonal obligation and most of the nonsense. Any others here not enamoured of all the tinselly b******s :D

It’s a bit to much jollying for sure. 
Can’t say I feel im in a festive mood this time around. Just waiting for it to pass really.
😁

Me too, guys Me too.

Chief broom - I went to Scotland with family when I was a kid, and I loved it myself. (Infact, my dad was born there) Though you do seem to get the worst of the UK weather. I love the picture under your profile name - it looks like it belongs in a 'dogs' calendar. :)

Is it one you found or did you actually take it?

I'm looking forward to Loch Lomond in April..haven't been 30 years..what with reflections of mountains in the lochs.. traditional dancing in the hotel...taking my camera can't wait :)

Thanks Jessicat/Hewhowalsalone/Joturbo, Phew! I thought I might be the only one outside the xmas 'matrix' :D . HWWA the weather isn't half as bad as a lot of people think- here on the east its dry most of the time. Glad you like the pic its Murphy my dog by the river Brora- will try to put a pic up when photobucket lets me in.

Only good thing about Xmas is all the drinking! Me and the kids usually watch Die Hard this time of year, a great family classic Christmas film right in there with Miracle and White Christmas and much more adapted to the 21st century! ;-)
Coming from the world of commerce and marketing solely created by companies to make a buck with the concept of loving, sharing and time spent with loved ones so far down the black hole of conseumerism you couldn't fish them out without riding a Quasar, I loathe this time of year. Because tis the season to be jolly, that seems to be the excuse to not pick up the phone and call your loved ones 363 odd days the rest of the year...
Only part I do miss is the mistletoe. Plus a volouptuous piece of....Holiday spirit. So I can be jolly all year round, several times a night :D

Richard_39 said:
Only good thing about Xmas is all the drinking! Me and the kids usually watch Die Hard this time of year, a great family classic Christmas film right in there with Miracle and White Christmas and much more adapted to the 21st century! ;-)
Coming from the world of commerce and marketing solely created by companies to make a buck with the concept of loving, sharing and time spent with loved ones so far down the black hole of conseumerism you couldn't fish them out without riding a Quasar, I loathe this time of year. Because tis the season to be jolly, that seems to be the excuse to not pick up the phone and call your loved ones 363 odd days the rest of the year...
Only part I do miss is the mistletoe. Plus a volouptuous piece of....Holiday spirit. So I can be jolly all year round, several times a night :D
Richard youre a lascivious hedonistic old boozer....quite right too!  :D good luck with the stocking fillers!

zk3d6a.jpg

Is that an Irish Wolfhound?
A lady I used to know that sold Christmas trees had 3 of those.
Was pretty fun being a kid out with my dad, cutting down a tree with him and then suddenly be surrounded by huge furry dogs that just wanted to cuddle.

Jessicat said:
Is that an Irish Wolfhound?
A lady I used to know that sold Christmas trees had 3 of those.
Was pretty fun being a kid out with my dad, cutting down a tree with him and then suddenly be surrounded by huge furry dogs that just wanted to cuddle.

Hi Jessicat no Murphy's a lurcher- greyhound x collie, hes a rescued ex worker so his prey drive is through the roof and I have to be careful around small furries/cats and the like. Hes getting on a bit now and a bit creaky in the joints -like me! :D 
20acrqf.jpg

Latest posts

Back