Ok, let's jump in

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milky-Way

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a solitary woman, 43 years old. Like many of the new members who joined lately, I guess I seek for understanding, maybe some presence... well I don't know what I'm looking for. Maybe to know better about the other lone wolfs out there, because all the people I know around me are social and have a busy social life. Please excuse my english, it can be bumpy at time, I'm usually a canadian french speaker.

I apologize if I didn't answer the other posts yet, I don't ignore the other people who joined here. I'm just don't know what I would say...

I'm a misfit wherever I go since I am a very young kid. If it doesn't bore anyone here and if you allow, I would post some lines about what is my life as a loner so far. We are ending the year, 2018 was rough for many people, and for myself too. My goal for the next year is to learn how to be happy alone on my own for good. 

The reason for my name on the forum is that I always seek for some relief looking at the stars, thinking of these other worlds I would maybe rather prefer to join, instead of this cold human world.
I have a few days off, so I will make time to read your stories too. But please know : you are not alone among the "loner community". Thank you for this forum. It feels good to join here.

Welcome!
I hope you find all the things you are looking for.
I’m glad you are sharing your journey with us. 
I get the thought about not knowing what to say on this forum. Half of the time I don’t have anything smart to contribute with but I try to leave my mark anyways. Most of the time being seen is important too. So, jump in! 
❤️

Milky-Way said:
Hi everyone,

I'm a solitary woman, 43 years old. Like many of the new members who joined lately, I guess I seek for understanding, maybe some presence... well I don't know what I'm looking for. Maybe to know better about the other lone wolfs out there, because all the people I know around me are social and have a busy social life. Please excuse my english, it can be bumpy at time, I'm usually a canadian french speaker.

I apologize if I didn't answer the other posts yet, I don't ignore the other people who joined here. I'm just don't know what I would say...

I'm a misfit wherever I go since I am a very young kid. If it doesn't bore anyone here and if you allow, I would post some lines about what is my life as a loner so far. We are ending the year, 2018 was rough for many people, and for myself too. My goal for the next year is to learn how to be happy alone on my own for good. 

The reason for my name on the forum is that I always seek for some relief looking at the stars, thinking of these other worlds I would maybe rather prefer to join, instead of this cold human world.
I have a few days off, so I will make time to read your stories too. But please know : you are not alone among the "loner community". Thank you for this forum. It feels good to join here.
I agree the world is horrible and cold because its full of humans, they are disgusting and plain evil. I often wished I lived on another planet but there is no escape.

Hi Milky way.. welcome to the forum.

Take your time to look around here .I have been here just under a year and it took a while before I had the confidence to pm people.But believe you me when I have and maybe I've been lucky but I've spoken to some lovely people three of whom have really helped me .A lot of people leave to early but give it time and you WILL speak to like minded friendly people.Goodluck and Merry Christmas.

Welcome to our world, Milky Way. Your goal to be happy alone is much like mine - now and again I'll have this deluded burst of inspiration to try and make friends, and it just results in pain and frustration - but then I'll settle back into my 'happy alone' mindset. Here we can be happy alone - but be happy alone together.

I thank you all very much

Yes I will be there more, I can feel I'll be home here. I'm grateful.

hewhowalksalone : I'm stunned to meet someone who expresses exactly what I live. Thank you much

Hey hey, I was a big astronomy appassionate when I was a child but the passion haven't followed me in the adulthood. I'm still looking at the stars through, there is a night of the year when I go to the top of a quite night mountain and I spend the night looking at the stars. I have even music that makes me feel lost in space.
It comes from a videogame but do not discard right away, is a truly beautiful orchestral. From 0:48 it's pure art 
[video=youtube]youtu.be/s7Y1y8pKFKY[/video]

And you know, there is a madman here in the forum that have goals for 2019 and i know him quite well! Check this out
https://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=39378

Bienvenue sur ce forum, Milky-Way.

We have some things in common: having a rough year and choosing to learn how to be happy.
I'm glad you're here and I hope to hear more from you.

Also, your English is better than my French so it's probably better that I don't insult your beautiful language by speaking it badly.

Hi,
How are you?  Are you in Montreal, Qc?  Because this is where I'm at!
It's hard to give you understanding or not give you understanding because you did not say much...lol...
To learn how to be alone is something we choose and...do not choose.  Like...breathing which we can hold because it is a voluntary and unvoluntary action.  But...we cannot always hold the breath - we are made to breathe.  And so it is with being alone.  We can choose it but, somehow, someone always ends up in our lives...sometimes like soft snow falling on soft snow and...sometimes like a violent accident.

"My goal for the next year is to learn how to be happy alone on my own for good."

when you find out how, please share. I am not sure it's possible for me, I have always been a deep bonder and find true others make my life worth living and sharing. Unapologetic about it because it feels right and natural and there is nothing wrong with knowing so. 

Good luck to you on your journey.

Latest posts

Back