New year goals

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unix

Reaction score
Hey guys, it's been a while since I was kinda beggin for attention in the networking thread. Well I'm back!

First of all, merry Christmas to everyone. I know that a lot of people don't like it, don't like the tradition and every capilistic aspect of the festivity. I don't believe in Jesus and things like that, through I was taugh when I was a child that the first star to rise up in the sky was jesus(LOL).

But I really like the ambiance of Christmas. Thinking that people try to be happy even in rough times, people that love each other, caring families and Christmas gifts makes me very happy, even when I never had any of this. Hell, it's the only time I can listen to Mariah Carey without being the weirdo listening to Christmas music in August xD

However, I'm writing this cause I have improved a lot in this year. I moved from my parents, started a new sport, got a promotion at work and found a new vocation(at least I hope). But this isn't enough.

I firmly believe that keeping youself accountable is crucial, even in social settings. I have made several improvements to my shyness keeping track of the number of strangers I have approached for a conversation. 

This is why I'm writing this. It would be awesome to have a group of people that help each other in rough times, that keeps themselves and the others conscious of their goals and promises, that ultimately doesn't make you feel alone, which is why everyone of us ends up here. 

It would be awesome to create a Discord or what's up group like this, or at least try and see if it works. 

I have lot of goals for 2019 and they will be quite difficult to reach. If you have plans for 2019, if you don't want to stand where you are, if you want to change, just hit me up here or via private message. I won't ask you any sensible information.

I just want to improve, and maybe to find someone to talk with :)

Where do you live? If you don't mind me asking. I'm guessing you're not in the UK?

Not at all. I live in the "ueeee pizza spaghetti vespa mafia country". But I come from another country. And you are living in the UK, I guess :p

I gained way more respect for British people since I discovered this guy :D
Buckethead+in+chair.jpeg

Who is that guy exactly? Kind of looks like Darth Vader afyer someone dumped a trashcan on his head in a bar fight. lol.

It's lord buckethead, one of the candidates that stood against Theresa may! I love the English tradition of the political elections: joke canditates stand in the same line as the serious ones.

[video=youtube]youtu.be/SZxZlSZrPeQ[/video]

All of the UK politicians are jokes, my friend.

I want Dawn French to be prime minister. :D She may not be a politician, but, let's face it, it would be funny to see her walking out of ten downing street. :D

Congratulations on the promotion. It's good if you can set goals for yourself and stick to them.

Unix said:
... I love the English tradition of the political elections: joke canditates stand in the same line as the serious ones.

khIkTOR.jpg

That is great :)

Minus said:
Unix said:
... I love the English tradition of the political elections: joke canditates stand in the same line as the serious ones.

khIkTOR.jpg

That is great :)

What a time to be alive! :D

Sci-Fi said:
Congratulations on the promotion.  It's good if you can set goals for yourself and stick to them.

Thank you! Is easier to stick to your goals if you have people to support you, is a win win kind of situation. But perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place

Latest posts

Back