Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's going on with this man?
"I thought this was an open forum for sharing perspectives."

It is and I was sharing mine.
It sure is a place for all opinions.
We don’t know what that dude wants. 
He might just be a friendly guy. Or not.
🌈
There's only one thing that matters here. Do you feel comfortable enough to continue going to him for therapy?

If not, perhaps you should speak to him about your concerns before making any decisions. I don't think he sounds like a predator, I don't think he necessarily sounds like he's after you. I think it's likely more in your head than anything else. You're likely perceiving it in a way that it's not meant to be perceived because you're focusing so much on it. If someone is comfortable with someone or they have a "favorite," it's pretty natural that they will sit by them. That's true in ANY situation. And yeah, I agree with Selene about the mirroring thing. It's very unlikely that you haven't done it yourself without even realizing it. The word slip thing is probably just that, a word slip. We've all done that.

So is he after you? Anything's possible, but I'd say likely not.
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM 

[Image: Quotefancy-19173-3840x2160.jpg?resize=1165%2C655&ssl=1]
(12-26-2018, 09:12 PM)DarkSelene Wrote: "I thought this was an open forum for sharing perspectives."

Yes, your opinion was that the opinions of others were "hysterical." 

Fair enough.  Rolleyes
Maybe you could invent a temporary boyfriend that's built like a 6ft brickhouse and let him know about it...then see if he still sits next to you.
  Our greatest Glory is not in never falling , but
       in rising every time we fall
I find using doe eyes to be a good way to ease up any heated conversation.
Well played.
😁
(12-26-2018, 10:32 PM)bleed_the_freak Wrote:
(12-26-2018, 09:12 PM)DarkSelene Wrote: "I thought this was an open forum for sharing perspectives."

Fair enough.  Rolleyes

Yes, that's my opinion. To allude to someone being a predator or in any way inappropriate because they're friendly is ridiculous. The reactions are hysterical, in many ways, but that doesn't make OPs point less poignant, if she's uncomfortable she should not see him anymore -- finding out what to do doesn't seem to be the point of her question, though.
I might call this reaction possible paranoia if it weren't for the behaviour in the second paragraph, which seems a bit suspect since he's clearly focusing on her.
(12-26-2018, 11:51 PM)DarkSelene Wrote:
(12-26-2018, 10:32 PM)bleed_the_freak Wrote:

Fair enough.  Rolleyes

Yes, that's my opinion. To allude to someone being a predator or in any way inappropriate because they're friendly is ridiculous. The reactions are hysterical, in many ways, but that doesn't make OPs point less poignant, if she's uncomfortable she should not see him anymore -- finding out what to do doesn't seem to be the point of her question, though.

[Image: National-Army-Day-is-Celebrated-in-Tehran_2.jpg]
Edit
  Our greatest Glory is not in never falling , but
       in rising every time we fall