Feeling Lonely and Lost / Advices

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unknownj

Reaction score
I'm currently doing research around mental health for my university project and I would like to know - What advices or motivational messages would you give to the youth (15-24 years olds) when they're feeling lost and lonely?

I want to try show awareness and help others through a typographic poster.

All I could think off was some dark honeysuckle I’m sure doesn’t fit on a motivational poster.
Keep on sucking.
Or.
Let’s get this over with. 😂 
Ahh... from jokes to seriousness.
Good on you for trying to help. 
You get a star! ⭐

I don't know how you could organise it on a poster, but I feel the most important message would have to be along the lines of "reach out. Don't keep it bottled in you, tell someone about it".

I think that Richard_39 has covered my thoughts on the subject.

"You're not alone" is a good line. IMO.

‘Go down the pub/nightclub and try and meet a man/woman’

I’m 49, best I’ve got to look forward to is the grab a granny night at the local dog and duck.

You’re from a university, you can advertise the student bar that way.

Sorry got to say it. Not exactly inspiring stuff. But I spent at least 10 years avoiding being lost and lonely by chatting up every barmaid in the East Midlands (uk) when I was between the age of 18 and 28. Well then still ended up lost and lonely.

Jessicat said:
Wait.. what is grab a granny night? 
Wow, that sounds like so much fun! 😁

I’m 49, every night is a grab a granny night. But seriously, I’m from the UK, there’s so much emphasis on mental health and young people, it’s been like that for at least two years, but you try to struggle with many severe mental health problems (depression, anxiety, PTSD, mental abuse) when you’re 49, unemployed effectively for 5 years, have a wife (seperated) and 3 step children and are physically unwell (heart attack), then your problems multiply (ten fold) and I’m not getting any real support.

Mental health in young people is important, it’s terrible, but I feel oldies like me are being overlooked in the UK. We’re sort of left to rot.

One thing I try to emphasis with my daughter is that this period is a transition period; that your brain is growing and expanding and that some parts are developing before others. The imbalance can have some shitty side effects but they are more likely temporary.

Keep at it, it gets easier but you have to do it everyday.

More of a statement but there it is

1.) Humor is helpful. It keeps the tension below the belt, keeps the stress levels lower.
2.) Sometimes you have to treat life like a video game: It's an RPG mixed with an FPS: You run around doing quests and objectives and if you fail, you re-spawn every morning: when you wake up.
3.) Think Progressively. Instead of wondering "why" things happen, try to figure out what the lesson you're supposed to learn from the hardship is, and therein will be your answer to "why."
4.) Try, try, and try again. Failure just means that you figured out how not to make a light bulb, that's all. Eventually, you will get there.
5.) Make Self Maintenance a priority. The world has been here much longer than you have, and if you are going to carry it around, learn to stop and put the stone down and rest for a while. Just as importantly, learn when to pick it up, and get going again.

Hello,
I think that at that age, the person wouldn't see things the way we do as we get older. I'm 52 (older than the chap with the old grandmas...lol...) and I don't really care about being poplular. I care about being well. So, maybe if there was a way to deconstruct some of the falsehoods about relationships???? Like, yes, it is fun to be with somoene but...it is also fun to be alone. No discussions, no arguements, when you wanna turn left - you turn left. You paint the walls the color you want to. You don't even have to worry about being selfish - it is the way to live. And it's just statistics: you MUST one day stumble on someone who is alone and to your liking.

Latest posts

Back