Happy 2019 to all...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SquigglyLines

Reaction score
May we all find friendship and happiness.
I too am struggling with the loneliness of this life.  I am 52 and have had a hell of a time these last few years.  Loss of many friends (just falling away in general), loss of a very much loved avocation, loss of employment, loss of my dad, and loss of relationship with my daughter.  I am struggling to build new friendships both online and IRL.  I have cut ties with toxic people in my life, and that has been very painful.  But I have also overcome obstacles and found new employment, and am starting the new year with a fresh resolve to welcome all people of good will into my life.  

I live alone, with my 2 cats (God, save me!) and founded a small meetup group which seems to be dying out.  I am trying to keep it alive, and yet, it really is difficult to find people that want to participate.  I founded the group with one purpose:  to make lasting, meaningful friendships.  I have met a few women that are wonderful and hope they will become life-long friends, but yes, my life is lonely.  It is not as active socially as I would like and my home is too tiny to invite people over.  But I am trying to count my blessings.  I hope to make a few good friends here, and share the burden with you.

In 2018, I found a great job, and self-published a book of poetry.  Maybe in 2019 I will be able to back to school and hope to travel to the UK.

Would love to interact/chat with all.  Open minded, non-judgmental, etc.  :)

Hello fellow cat lady! 
Welcome. 
You got lucky, this place is great. 
Hope you have a nice stay. 
Please remember the emergency exits are on either sides. 
😉

Jessicat said:
Hello fellow cat lady! 
Welcome. 
You got lucky, this place is great. 
Hope you have a nice stay. 
Please remember the emergency exits are on either sides. 
😉

LOL!  Okay, great, thank you.  At my age, that's important.  I appreciate the welcome.

Hello there. For whatever reason you've found yourself in such situation, I understand :) Welcome aboard!

Th3Unforgiven said:
Hello there. For whatever reason you've found yourself in such situation, I understand :) Welcome aboard!

Thank you for the understanding, and the welcome.  I really appreciate that.  I look forward to getting to know you.
:)

Greetings SquigglyLines. You and I have some things in common.....we're both managing the ending of parts in life and the beginnings of other parts in life. I'm glad you're here.

constant stranger said:
Greetings SquigglyLines.  You and I have some things in common.....we're both managing the ending of parts in life and the beginnings of other parts in life.  I'm glad you're here.

Thank you, I really appreciate that.  I'm American but was raised outside the US so sometimes it's hard for me to feel that sense of belonging.  I am grateful for your welcome.

SquigglyLines said:
constant stranger said:
Greetings SquigglyLines.  You and I have some things in common.....we're both managing the ending of parts in life and the beginnings of other parts in life.  I'm glad you're here.

Thank you, I really appreciate that.  I'm American but was raised outside the US so sometimes it's hard for me to feel that sense of belonging.  I am grateful for your welcome.

I'm American but born and raised outside the USA too.   The issue of belonging or not belonging or of not feeling part of a "tribe" is very real to me.  I haven't seen my "hometown"  for 50 years.  I'm very different now and so is it.

constant stranger said:
SquigglyLines said:
constant stranger said:

I'm American but born and raised outside the USA too.   The issue of belonging or not belonging or of not feeling part of a "tribe" is very real to me.  I haven't seen my "hometown"  for 50 years.  I'm very different now and so is it.

:D  That TCK thing never, ever, ever, goes away.  It doesn't matter what I do, where I go. I still don't know how to answer, "Where are you from?"  I get, my friend.  Truly do.  Itchy feet every few years, and have to get a plane ticket to foreign skies.  
*sigh*.  Off to the UK this year.
How about you - any plans on travel coming up?
(by the way, i have found that the tribe is US.  It will never be them. So band together, share the road, and keep each other company.)

Jessicat said:
So.
Having a nice day so far?
🌈

It was okay...wanna watch a movie??? Was thrilled to see you thought it was a good idea...what would you like to watch and when?  I am going to watch something now, but if you had a preference, let me know and I will switch it.  :)
Hug...thank you...i feel at home already.

SquigglyLines, it's refreshing to meet another TCK! My hometown was Hong Kong in the '60's. I need to see it again even though the HK I knew is long gone. BTW, I think of the Brits as my cousins, by ancestry and by the first nine years of education being in their schools.

constant stranger said:
SquigglyLines, it's refreshing to meet another TCK!  My hometown was Hong Kong in the '60's.  I need to see it again even though the HK I knew is long gone.  BTW, I think of the Brits as my cousins, by ancestry and by the first nine years of education being in their schools.

So great to meet you too. I understand completely. I was born stateside but 3 continents and 5 countries separate me from my hometown. Haven't been back east in 40 years. Travelled to many more since. I don't meet very many. Hardly ever actually unless they are also trans national. The Brits...what can I say except all is forgiven. 😉

You can add me, if that how it works? Nick is Jessicats. 😇
I think I need to try and get some more sleep now but we will hook up later.

Ok, I got to tell you about my first experience with that app. It was... hilarious. 😂 
So, I’m going in to these public rooms to look at wth all this stuff is. My third stop is a video of a girl stuffing her face, she had a roasted chicken, lots of paprika’s, salad leafs and 2 dipping sauces to go with it. I’m thinking, ok I can watch her eat this why not. Then the dickpics start to appear. 😁
Pretty weird stuff. But nice too! 🌈

Jessicat said:
You can add me, if that how it works? Nick is Jessicats. 😇
I think I need to try and get some more sleep now but we will hook up later.

Ok, I got to tell you about my first experience with that app. It was... hilarious. 😂 
So, I’m going in to these public rooms to look at wth all this stuff is. My third stop is a video of a girl stuffing her face, she had a roasted chicken, lots of paprika’s, salad leafs and 2 dipping sauces to go with it. I’m thinking, ok I can watch her eat this why not. Then the dickpics start to appear. 😁
Pretty weird stuff. But nice too! 🌈

oh no...that would be strange...lol.  similar but not quite so terrible, has happened to me too.  When I first discovered that you could you make rooms public, I went and found a few.  Some of the stuff people were watching was not for me, but the thing that stood out to me was the chats...Now, I *thought* I could swear like a sailor...but these younger people take the cake.  I was red from head to toe.  In any case, it's fun and hope we can do it regularly.  I think it would be a great way to make "friends" and at least meet each other....no body should have to watch tv alone when they are depressed and lonely.  I don't intend to.  :)

Hello,

Good year everyone, Madam Squiggly - thanks for the nice testimony. I think that people are never as lonely as they think.
Here's a little overview of my story...
I have some bouts with anxiety but, it's not so bad. I only go ape for girls who are of Asian origin. Half the time, I want to be alone, because I don't want to drag a girl into my problems and then... Alone... I end up going to Chinatown and I just go nuts when I see Chinese girls...
Some months ago, at work, I hurt myself real bad - I ended up getting real well paid, having lotsa time - and, frankly, money is "happiness" (better food, go out, etc...).
I can say that I have pretty much all the things in life to be well.
Sometimes I miss being with someone but, there is so much you can do in life - if you have the means to that, I realized being with someone is not life, being with someone is PART of life.
So...I wondered why we feel lonely, sad...blah blah, yadi yada, etc... And, I think that it's because we get bored. I don't need or think of a girl on Monday morning when I must rush to work but, like now, Saturday evening, it's like a girl would save my life...lol...
These days I try to go out as much as I can for nice diners, see some people. I get to realize even more that the other half get...50% more problems.
And...another thing I have realized (because I'm now 50!) is that, finding someone is easy - finding someone right is not.

SquigglyLines said:
May we all find friendship and happiness.
I too am struggling with the loneliness of this life.  I am 52 and have had a hell of a time these last few years.  Loss of many friends (just falling away in general), loss of a very much loved avocation, loss of employment, loss of my dad, and loss of relationship with my daughter.  I am struggling to build new friendships both online and IRL.  I have cut ties with toxic people in my life, and that has been very painful.  But I have also overcome obstacles and found new employment, and am starting the new year with a fresh resolve to welcome all people of good will into my life.  

I live alone, with my 2 cats (God, save me!) and founded a small meetup group which seems to be dying out.  I am trying to keep it alive, and yet, it really is difficult to find people that want to participate.  I founded the group with one purpose:  to make lasting, meaningful friendships.  I have met a few women that are wonderful and hope they will become life-long friends, but yes, my life is lonely.  It is not as active socially as I would like and my home is too tiny to invite people over.  But I am trying to count my blessings.  I hope to make a few good friends here, and share the burden with you.

In 2018, I found a great job, and self-published a book of poetry.  Maybe in 2019 I will be able to back to school and hope to travel to the UK.

Would love to interact/chat with all.  Open minded, non-judgmental, etc.  :)

You sound like so much fun! I'm so sorry for these rough years, but it looks like you are making things happen for your future. Congrats! Thank you for what your doing finding friendships is so rewarding. Yeah to 2019!!!

Latest posts

Back