Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy 2019 to all...
SquigglyLines, it's refreshing to meet another TCK! My hometown was Hong Kong in the '60's. I need to see it again even though the HK I knew is long gone. BTW, I think of the Brits as my cousins, by ancestry and by the first nine years of education being in their schools.
Burn the past.  Turn the page, start a new chapter.  Move on.

(01-03-2019, 12:55 PM)constant stranger Wrote: SquigglyLines, it's refreshing to meet another TCK!  My hometown was Hong Kong in the '60's.  I need to see it again even though the HK I knew is long gone.  BTW, I think of the Brits as my cousins, by ancestry and by the first nine years of education being in their schools.

So great to meet you too. I understand completely. I was born stateside but 3 continents and 5 countries separate me from my hometown. Haven't been back east in 40 years. Travelled to many more since. I don't meet very many. Hardly ever actually unless they are also trans national. The Brits...what can I say except all is forgiven. 😉
You can add me, if that how it works? Nick is Jessicats. 😇
I think I need to try and get some more sleep now but we will hook up later.

Ok, I got to tell you about my first experience with that app. It was... hilarious. 😂 
So, I’m going in to these public rooms to look at wth all this stuff is. My third stop is a video of a girl stuffing her face, she had a roasted chicken, lots of paprika’s, salad leafs and 2 dipping sauces to go with it. I’m thinking, ok I can watch her eat this why not. Then the dickpics start to appear. 😁
Pretty weird stuff. But nice too! 🌈
Welcome Smile
(01-03-2019, 03:35 PM)Jessicat Wrote: You can add me, if that how it works? Nick is Jessicats. 😇
I think I need to try and get some more sleep now but we will hook up later.

Ok, I got to tell you about my first experience with that app. It was... hilarious. 😂 
So, I’m going in to these public rooms to look at wth all this stuff is. My third stop is a video of a girl stuffing her face, she had a roasted chicken, lots of paprika’s, salad leafs and 2 dipping sauces to go with it. I’m thinking, ok I can watch her eat this why not. Then the dickpics start to appear. 😁
Pretty weird stuff. But nice too! 🌈

oh no...that would be strange...lol.  similar but not quite so terrible, has happened to me too.  When I first discovered that you could you make rooms public, I went and found a few.  Some of the stuff people were watching was not for me, but the thing that stood out to me was the chats...Now, I *thought* I could swear like a sailor...but these younger people take the cake.  I was red from head to toe.  In any case, it's fun and hope we can do it regularly.  I think it would be a great way to make "friends" and at least meet each other....no body should have to watch tv alone when they are depressed and lonely.  I don't intend to.  Smile
Hello,

Good year everyone, Madam Squiggly - thanks for the nice testimony. I think that people are never as lonely as they think.
Here's a little overview of my story...
I have some bouts with anxiety but, it's not so bad. I only go ape for girls who are of Asian origin. Half the time, I want to be alone, because I don't want to drag a girl into my problems and then... Alone... I end up going to Chinatown and I just go nuts when I see Chinese girls...
Some months ago, at work, I hurt myself real bad - I ended up getting real well paid, having lotsa time - and, frankly, money is "happiness" (better food, go out, etc...).
I can say that I have pretty much all the things in life to be well.
Sometimes I miss being with someone but, there is so much you can do in life - if you have the means to that, I realized being with someone is not life, being with someone is PART of life.
So...I wondered why we feel lonely, sad...blah blah, yadi yada, etc... And, I think that it's because we get bored. I don't need or think of a girl on Monday morning when I must rush to work but, like now, Saturday evening, it's like a girl would save my life...lol...
These days I try to go out as much as I can for nice diners, see some people. I get to realize even more that the other half get...50% more problems.
And...another thing I have realized (because I'm now 50!) is that, finding someone is easy - finding someone right is not.
(01-02-2019, 09:25 AM)SquigglyLines Wrote: May we all find friendship and happiness.
I too am struggling with the loneliness of this life.  I am 52 and have had a hell of a time these last few years.  Loss of many friends (just falling away in general), loss of a very much loved avocation, loss of employment, loss of my dad, and loss of relationship with my daughter.  I am struggling to build new friendships both online and IRL.  I have cut ties with toxic people in my life, and that has been very painful.  But I have also overcome obstacles and found new employment, and am starting the new year with a fresh resolve to welcome all people of good will into my life.  

I live alone, with my 2 cats (God, save me!) and founded a small meetup group which seems to be dying out.  I am trying to keep it alive, and yet, it really is difficult to find people that want to participate.  I founded the group with one purpose:  to make lasting, meaningful friendships.  I have met a few women that are wonderful and hope they will become life-long friends, but yes, my life is lonely.  It is not as active socially as I would like and my home is too tiny to invite people over.  But I am trying to count my blessings.  I hope to make a few good friends here, and share the burden with you.

In 2018, I found a great job, and self-published a book of poetry.  Maybe in 2019 I will be able to back to school and hope to travel to the UK.

Would love to interact/chat with all.  Open minded, non-judgmental, etc.  Smile

You sound like so much fun! I'm so sorry for these rough years, but it looks like you are making things happen for your future. Congrats! Thank you for what your doing finding friendships is so rewarding. Yeah to 2019!!!
Hello all, I am new as well. Happy 2019.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rolleyes Sorry for the sad intro. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays portcitypoet 7 365 12-25-2018, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Guzheng
  Just a Hallo and a happy new year Bluey 10 2,367 06-17-2016, 05:32 AM
Last Post: Bluey
Shy Happy Holidays! lonewulf 12 2,364 12-30-2015, 10:18 PM
Last Post: lonewulf
  Happy Sunday mars0001 11 1,488 05-20-2014, 04:54 AM
Last Post: Wanderer145
  Happy New Year from Florida Lefty Lonely 21 3,520 01-06-2013, 02:59 AM
Last Post: Lefty Lonely
myBB So happy I found this site. Blissfullyunaware 11 2,287 02-29-2012, 08:07 PM
Last Post: IambicBlonde
test Happy to be here tyronef 7 1,614 10-18-2011, 02:38 AM
Last Post: Syber Tiger
  Happy Saturday RckyMtnHgh 10 2,303 12-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Punisher
Exclamation happy to see I'm not alone DollyD 2 1,266 07-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Badjedidude
  Happy Loners skywatcher 6 2,213 02-28-2010, 06:33 AM
Last Post: EveWasFramed