Chillies

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chief broom

Reaction score
I made a veg stir fry yesterday -ultra healthy with green/red peppers mushrooms bean shoots onion garlic ginger green beans carrots noodles and...some chillies. Jeez and crikey and **** me! was it ever hot, the supermarket must have changed its supplier because they were three times the potency of what they usually sell. I tend to err on the mild side when cooking especially if its for someone else and im not a fan of very hot [chillie hot] food. Ive been wondering if there are a lot of other chillie eaters in the vicinity who've also sampled these and had watering eyes and smoke coming out there ears. Its quite a unique kind of pain I mused to myself as it began to ramp up into **** **** **** and a dash to the fridge and some orange juice! :D

Peppers can vary quite a bit. Aside from there being a good number of different chili pepper varieties, even with the same type they can vary from batch to batch. Some feel that they can even vary on the same plant, though I have only had that happen when I would pick them at different times during the season.

I generally get some at the store once a week and I am never sure what heat level I ended up with until I try them.

Minus said:
Peppers can vary quite a bit. Aside from there being a good number of different chili pepper varieties, even with the same type they can vary from batch to batch.  Some feel that they can even vary on the same plant, though I have only had that happen when I would pick them at different times during the season.

I generally get some at the store once a week and I am never sure what heat level I ended up with until I try them.

Thanks for the info Minus, these ultra hot ones were very small only 2"or so and bright red. I used them in a veg chillie yesterday and put in 3 which was ok- theyre full of seeds which I understand is the hot part.  Think I read somewhere that there are more vitimins in chillies than any other veg- I certainly get a sense of well being after an indian and all those spices/garlic/ginger is whizzing around my system. Will grow some when I have a garden again- I like them in large pots or even hanging baskets with some flowers around the edges.