Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you manage suicidal thoughts when you know you're not allowed to do it?
(01-12-2019, 03:07 AM)TheRealCallie Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 05:38 AM)Richard_39 Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 05:28 AM)TheRealCallie Wrote: That's because life is not all sunshine and rainbows.  Shit happens.  You can get through it, you're just too depressed right now to see it.

Yes and no. You're not wrong, but you're also not right. Everyone comes with a bullshit meter and eventually, it pops. We're not supermen and women. Not anymore.

I'm going to come back to this because I'd like to say something else.  Yes, everyone has a bullshit meter and yes, sometimes it pops.  BUT, that doesn't necessarily mean the end, case closed, I'm done.
I think I have come to know you a little since you came here and I 100% do NOT think THIS is what is going to  break you.  Yes, you are struggling right now. I'm not disputing that.  I'm not disputing that it's hard for you.  But look at everything you've already been through and come out of?  This is so far beneath all of that.  What happened is also bullshit and is in no way reflective of who you really are.

So yes, in this situation, I do feel that it's your mood and depression talking and you WILL get through it.

Dunno, Cal. Really don't. Is it really beneath so much? One's impact was emotional. This one's also physical and will affect my future. I was a bit more optmistic yesterday, but today with no interviews or calls and still no job...Im jumping around like a bat out of hell and it aint doing much.
Could it have anything to do with the fact that you really have nothing to keep you "busy" right now? Is there anywhere you could volunteer or something? Just to get you out and doing things again. So you aren't left to just sit and think about everything.
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM 
[Image: 68694043_2341967022788228_46455155003665...Ng%3D%3D.2]
Or take up a creative project. Another option.
To quote a popular werewolf film - 'Everyone's cursed.  It's called life'
Everything really costs money and im speding as little as I can , including bus tickets. I could walk, but its -20 something celcius for the next 3 days or so...
It's always -20 up there, man up! Lol
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM 
[Image: 68694043_2341967022788228_46455155003665...Ng%3D%3D.2]
(01-12-2019, 02:56 AM)Richard_39 Wrote:
(01-11-2019, 12:42 PM)bearcat22 Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 05:38 AM)Richard_39 Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 05:28 AM)TheRealCallie Wrote: That's because life is not all sunshine and rainbows.  Shit happens.  You can get through it, you're just too depressed right now to see it.

Yes and no. You're not wrong, but you're also not right. Everyone comes with a bullshit meter and eventually, it pops. We're not supermen and women. Not anymore.

Don't listen to any of that total CRAP.

There factually ARE things you CANNOT GET THROUGH and no amount of moronic
optimism changes that.

Sure, you can walk out in the desert and start to die of thirst, but you CHOOSE
to say, "Oh this delicious sand is really water" and start eating sand.

Yup, you'll die happy and the Optimist Club will put a Gold Star on your corpse.

How about offering to write a fucking CHECK to achieve an actual tangible positive worthwhile
honest and useful improvement in someone's life instead of
being the fucking "Church Lady" preaching out:

"OH, Isn't that SPECIAL, you have SUCH a good attitude!"

Fuck that, and fuck them. To DEATH.

Some things are NOT EVER GETTING BETTER.

I agree.
But NO, I would not "fuck them to death".
Maybe you missed the part I spoke about earlier, about civism and respect. If you can't get that through your skull, well my friend, I won't listen to anything you have to offer.
If you feel the need to be vindictive, I'll ask this thread be locked myself because some people can't talk about anything without throwing tantrums worthy of four year olds.

I did not miss your reference to "civism".  A genuinely good citizen 
does not conform, he resists.   You might find this useful in that regard:
https://www.ibiblio.org/ebooks/Thoreau/C...dience.pdf

As for respect, unless truth is held above all else in terms of respect, nothing
worthwhile can ever be said.  If you can't get that through your skull, well my friend, I won't listen to anything you
have to offer.

If you had any genuine concern about posters being vindictive, you would be reporting the
obvious harpy here going around playing Church Lady, not criticizing me.

By all means, try to get the thread locked.  No loss to me

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ever since childhood...your thoughts? (more like a random rant) lovableplatypus 2 690 07-16-2018, 06:42 AM
Last Post: lovableplatypus
  Suicidal Posts on Facebook wallflower79 25 4,383 02-06-2018, 09:07 PM
Last Post: erifeulb
  Suicidal visions but I don't want to die, help? Unalome 10 2,984 12-07-2016, 06:13 AM
Last Post: Unalome
  Depressed, suicidal zombieslayer 8 3,605 01-21-2011, 03:49 AM
Last Post: Ian Haines