Dating Sites

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard_39 said:
MildlyInteresting said:
Puddled Duck said:
MildlyInteresting said:
How do you manage to stay the course with MGTOW? Chemicals in my brain cause me to have crushes on girls about once every year or two and everytime it happens I just get really depressed since all possible roads from there seem to lead to embarrassment/dissappointment. How do you supress feeling attraction to them?

Marriage is a sexual union?.

Simple?.

Impossible to apply in practice?.

But live with it?.

And from basis, everything else will become clear.

It is the foundation for everything. Everything?.

???????

...What? There's your answer dude, that's how you remain MGTOW. Simple, right? ;-)
I don't consider myself that at all and personally, I think it goes against all our natures, biological or otherwise.
But, I've remained single over 11 years and don't remember what a naked girl even looks like. My trick?
I remember how much child support costs....

My apologies, I have just never seen an answer to a question contain so many question marks before.

Lol that's Mr. Duck's speciality, question marks. He's kind of like the forum Riddler.
I have a question for you though: why would you even want to be MGTOW?
Sure, relationships are horrible, marriage is insane, women be crazy, yadda yadda...what about YOU? Wouldnt want to take at least the chance at maybe finding someone stereotypically portrayed as the MGTOW movement does it and maybe have kids and a happy life together?
I mean...that's a lot to pass up for maybes, I feel. I've been through some hell myself...but I dont regret the kids. Or the experiences I've had. No matter I got screwed; the experiences are STILL mine.
That's what I don't get with that philosophy.

Richard_39 said:
Lol that's Mr. Duck's speciality, question marks. He's kind of like the forum Riddler.
Sure, relationships are horrible, marriage is insane, women be crazy, yadda yadda...what about YOU? Wouldnt want to take at least the chance at maybe finding someone stereotypically portrayed as the MGTOW movement does it and maybe have kids and a happy life together?
I mean...that's a lot to pass up for maybes, I feel. I've been through some hell myself...but I dont regret the kids. Or the experiences I've had. No matter I got screwed; the experiences are STILL mine.

I can't have sex, which is why all paths I can take when it comes to meeting a girl will eventually lead to embarrassment.

Richard_39 said:
Dating sites...yark caca!
If I'm to make a company rich, I'd rather it not be one preying on my solitude or others. It's more dishonest than most people care to think about.

Yeah...... I can't do em anymore either. I genuinely believe the 20-80 rule is legit, and because I'm not in that top 20% of men, my presence on theses sites only serves to line someone's pockets.

But outside of that, my options are null now. I have, more or less been excommunicated from almost all of my social circles I was a part of over the last two years. The remaining circle will disown me within the next 4 months, I believe. I wish I could just shut this want off, but like you said: it goes against our very nature as human beings. Not like it can't be done, but it's something that must take an extraordinary amount of willpower and/or hatred to accomplish. I don't feel like I have enough of either.

And, I feel like I can't really talk about it anymore. I've sworn to keep my social media activity silent this year. And I can't really play the violin strings here that often anymore. Not while Callie is gatekeeping the forum(which might be something of a blessing in disguise).

I don't know where this is all going for me, but I feel like the story I'm leaving behind will be a cautionary tale.

Red_Wedding_Casualty said:
And, I feel like I can't really talk about it anymore. I've sworn to keep my social media activity silent this year. And I can't really play the violin strings here that often anymore. Not while Callie is gatekeeping the forum(which might be something of a blessing in disguise).

So because I give an opinion you don't really like, you can't talk about anything?  That's bullshit.  You aren't going to get coddled and told what you want everywhere you go.  So don't blame me for not being able to talk about anything.  Please, go ahead and post.  Post what you feel, post whatever you want.  But don't expect everyone to agree with you. 

I have never been rude or insulting to you, I have simply pointed out things that either no one else here will or my personal opinion.  If you can't handle one person doing that, maybe you need to look at yourself a little closer.    There's also an ignore feature.  No one is stopping you from putting me on ignore.  If you don't like what I have to say, don't read it.   I really don't understand why people wouldn't want a wide variety of options, especially with the issues on this forum.

MildlyInteresting said:
Richard_39 said:

I can't have sex, which is why all paths I can take when it comes to meeting a girl will eventually lead to embarrassment.

There are people out there who also can't have sex or those that just don't want to..

MildlyInteresting said:
Richard_39 said:

Well, that's a thought provoking statement to say the least. Can't pshysically or can't mentally? Do you even feel comfortable talking about it? If not, that's fine.
Doesn't necessarily lead to embarassement, though. There are some girls out there with both physical or mental limitations who don't seek necessarily carnal relationships.

MildlyInteresting said:
How do you manage to stay the course with MGTOW? Chemicals in my brain cause me to have crushes on girls about once every year or two and everytime it happens I just get really depressed since all possible roads from there seem to lead to embarrassment/dissappointment. How do you supress feeling attraction to them?

You can research something called "chemical castration"

Or any number of self proclaimed gurus will supposedly teach you that you can control your body by using your mind.

Richard_39 said:
MildlyInteresting said:
Richard_39 said:

Well, that's a thought provoking statement to say the least. Can't pshysically or can't mentally? Do you even feel comfortable talking about it? If not, that's fine.
Doesn't necessarily lead to embarassement, though. There are some girls out there with both physical or mental limitations who don't seek necessarily carnal relationships.

Well, I guess both, but the physical aspect is much more derailing.

I appreciate the sentiment, but I'm not interested in embarrassing myself 999,999 times to find some 1 in a million girl who would maybe stick by someone who can't fulfill their needs just as a token so I can say "I have a girlfriend." She too would have to be incapable of having sex (otherwise at some point in the future they will just start banging other guys), and that is a really small pool of people to pick from to try to connect with on a platonic level. 

It's like playing the lottery, which isn't even improbable; impossible is a more accurate word to describe your chances of winning the lottery. Hard to get your hopes up and actually care about that lottery ticket when your chances of winning with it are so low; I would probably just not care about it to begin with and forget where I put it, even if it were a winner. Doesn't sound like I deserve the winning ticket, do I?

Well Mildly, I'm not the person who'll tell you what to do or wether it's a good or wise decision. Honestly this is the kind of subject doesn't answer itself readily on a forum post and requires lots of talking and information to even begin to get a clear picture. What I can offer however, is that I once felt much as you do, when I was a lot younger. My first experiences were...let's say disappointing for lack of a better word and I thought I suffered from an insecurity complex as well as physical limitations and a slew of others. But I did meet someone different who made me feel much more comfortable about who I was, how I was and made me much more secure about myself. For a long time I thought I just had a low sex drive, but it turns out it just was the wrong people. That experience turned into a few others, some of them good, others bad, but made me think I was very much under-evaluating myself. So, just in my own personal view, it was worth taking that one in a millionth chance, especially when it repeated itself. I realize it might not be the case for everyone and understand that, but if I may suggest, don't put yourself down more than is necessary. There is something to be said about correctly judging ourselves, but sometimes, we judge ourselves much more harshly than we should. Just keep it in mind and if it actually impacts you well in some way someday, I'll consider it a good thing.

In any case, good luck and if you do decide to play the lottery, I for one hope you win it. Against all odds if it were.

MildlyInteresting said:
Richard_39 said:
MildlyInteresting said:
Richard_39 said:

Well, I guess both, but the physical aspect is much more derailing.

I appreciate the sentiment, but I'm not interested in embarrassing myself 999,999 times to find some 1 in a million girl who would maybe stick by someone who can't fulfill their needs just as a token so I can say "I have a girlfriend." She too would have to be incapable of having sex (otherwise at some point in the future they will just start banging other guys), and that is a really small pool of people to pick from to try to connect with on a platonic level. 

It's like playing the lottery, which isn't even improbable; impossible is a more accurate word to describe your chances of winning the lottery. Hard to get your hopes up and actually care about that lottery ticket when your chances of winning with it are so low; I would probably just not care about it to begin with and forget where I put it, even if it were a winner. Doesn't sound like I deserve the winning ticket, do I?

It's not really like playing the lottery, so much as having to think outside the box.  There are dating sex for almost everything, including asexual people.  I don't know where you are in the world and if those sites would offer you anything, but you could also attempt a long distance relationship. 
There are so many options out there and I don't believe anyone is screwed when it comes to finding someone to love.  Keep looking, don't give up, there is someone out there for you.

I avoid dating sites and most mainstream and modern social media formalities for all of the same reason: It's all just a platform for shallow narcissism, specifically designed to be both addictive and corrosive to the great general public. The data of which you can hope to extrapolate from such sites is frivolous at best.

IncolaVacui said:
I avoid dating sites and most mainstream and modern social media formalities for all of the same reason: It's all just a platform for shallow narcissism, specifically designed to be both addictive and corrosive to the great general public. The data of which you can hope to extrapolate from such sites is frivolous at best.

Same, but I personally don't think it's that. I think it's a cash grab. The point is for you to pay for the gold, or platinum or whatever membership they have to sell. They don't really profit from what they invest in the site if you're only on it two weeks. Data is prob. extrapolated on the back of a bagel.

Latest posts

Back