id rather have a beautiful conversation with a woman than have cheap sex with her

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's possible to have both.  Maybe having a meaningful conversation with someone who cares about you is better than having sex with someone who doesn't care about you.  But if you're having sex with someone that you are devoted to and in love with, then that is way better than a conversation.

Forgive my ignorance but what you mean by cheap sex , is it different to expensive sex?

Still don't get what is meant by cheap sex...And definetly don't feel stuck with it. I love being married.Maybe I just invested in the right woman
In fact if I had the money and could afford it I would marry her again like a shot. I know I'm lucky but like all things jobs..I dunno cars it's worth hanging on to them ...driving through the honeysuckle because in my case and quite a few I know of it's worth it

Maybe it's my generation but I still think a good strong marriage is worth it's weight in gold for everyone and most importantly kids,involved. Sorry to go off on one but I get a bit pi##ed at the marriage knockers..because no one ever highlights the successful ones only the divorces.

Joturbo said:
Still don't get what is meant by cheap sex...And definetly don't feel stuck with it. I love being married.Maybe I just invested in the right woman
In fact if I had the money and could afford it I would marry her again like a shot. I know I'm lucky but like all things jobs..I dunno cars it's worth hanging on to them ...driving through the honeysuckle because in my case and quite a few I know of it's worth it

Maybe it's my generation but I still think a good strong marriage is worth it's weight in gold for everyone and most importantly kids,involved. Sorry to go off on one but I get a bit pi##ed at the marriage knockers..because no one ever highlights the successful ones only the divorces.

No, I think you're absolutely right, Turbo and I admire guys like you who've had successful marriages like that. It's just that I think it takes such a complex combination of your personality and hers being just right, willingness to work for it being successful and just the right amount of determination and luck that it makes a successfull marriage the exception rather than the rule. Thats kind of sad too.
Come to think of it, maybe it is generational, who knows. If both people are willing to work for it, it works out. If only one though and the other quits, it can be such a desastrous experience. I wouldnt say I'm against it, I just don't really see, right now, much of a point to it anymore. Dreamed of it when I was a kid, but now? I don't know.

I can’t say that I have stopped dreaming of finding someone that wants to marry me, have a house together and lots of fur kids. I think even in the deepest parts of me, kids maybe. 
It’s that small and vulnerable part of me that wants that, so far inside it only comes out on special occasions. Yet, it’s there. We all want to be happy don’t we. 
It feels pretty far away sadly. 
But.. I am like water. I run into every crack of whatever container that’s available. I never take the form of someone else, I stay like water forever. Just in a different shape. Freeform. ❤️

Richard_39 said:
Joturbo said:

No, I think you're absolutely right, Turbo and I admire guys like you who've had successful marriages like that. It's just that I think it takes such a complex combination of your personality and hers being just right, willingness to work for it being successful and just the right amount of determination and luck that it makes a successfull marriage the exception rather than the rule. Thats kind of sad too.
Come to think of it, maybe it is generational, who knows. If both people are willing to work for it, it works out. If only one though and the other quits, it can be such a desastrous experience. I wouldnt say I'm against it, I just don't really see, right now, much of a point to it anymore. Dreamed of it when I was a kid, but now? I don't know.

You know Richard your totally right and I agree with your whole post for what it's worth :) .My marriage involved alot of compromise and luck as well as work on both sides. Times are a changing now and marriage could easily disappear in the next twenty or so years especially now you can divorce on line ,13 divorces here on Xmas day done on line here alone so what's the point. Anyway probably be able to order your partner online delivered by courier in 20 years , mines a Ruth Wilson clone ..oooppps don't think I can say that ssshhhh :p

Lol Probably. Kind of like the movie Chere 2000 with the android women and all that. Which isn't really ideal either, Im sure itll cost a pretty penny and most wont be able to afford it anyway.
I think were on a bad spiral globallynspeaking. Eventually relationships will stop happening as ppl tend more towards isolation and will stop altogether. Maybe 50-100 years or more from now, who knows. Men and women will inseminate each on their sides and the concept of families will cease, specially if the goverments win their bets to take children away from parents because of "concerns". Were not going in a direction I find enthusiastic. More like dictatorship level stuff.

Is alright mate I'm sure they'll do finance :D better start saving a deposit in case trouble pops her clogs first eh..but I think I'd need three to replace her. :p

cheap sex is like a hundred dollars for thirty minutes with a stranger at a massage parlor.

Ahhh ok :D

Don't wanna kidnap your thread..ofc I never do that :p but...I got an amazing massage last year in North Tenerife massage centre right on the beach was absolute heaven and only £30 for full bod.My broth in law went for the foot and was after another but his misses wouldn't give him the 20 quid lol.

Also Spain always like to keep the Chinese ladies employed..they do a great shoulders ,head and back while your flat out after a beer sun bathing.

Anyway as you were don't let me interrupt :)

I don't typically converse with women out of interest of pursuit of the laws of attraction. I like talking with women as much as I like talking with men for pretty much the same reason: I like bouncing conceptual ideas off the walls of the mind. I'm a tinkerer by nature, a thinker, and a creative. Rather or not I find that woman attractive or not is, kind of besides the point to me. The laws of attraction are kind of on a sliding scale for me: I don't really trust my eyes, because an attractive person can very quickly become an ugly person after the wrong things said in the wrong conversations. Just as much so: An unattractive person can become an attractive person with the right things said in the right conversations.

Latest posts

Back