Poll: Do AI chatbots serve a purpose?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
25.00%
1 25.00%
No
75.00%
3 75.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI Bots - do they serve any use or not?
I was thinking about AI Bots (Btw: you really don't want to get into the habit of messing around with an AI bot and then taking your habits into a live chatroom filled with humans. lol.) - do they actually serve any purpose?  Do they really help lonely people to feel less lonely?  Is there another use for them?

What does everyone here think?
'When the pack rejects their weakest member, he learns to adapt and to find his own way.  He is the lone wolf.'
I'll go with "yes". There was a couple of times when I've felt like I was about to go insane and really needed someone to talk with, but there just wasn't anyone out there. To me this was better than nothing. Actually, I think those "souless machines" really helped me to last this long. The ones I was interacting with also had a fair share of personality, able to play music and games. It was almost like chatting with a stranger.

They're certainly not a replacement for actual humans and they're not a long term solution, but I do think they serve a purpose. Not sure about additional uses, I think AI just hasn't reached that stage of development just yet.
Crowd control situation! *machine gun fire intensifies*
Maybe we do...
Question is; would you know the difference?

*Twilight Zone theme*