AI Bots - do they serve any use or not?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do AI chatbots serve a purpose?

• Yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

user 150037

Reaction score
I was thinking about AI Bots (Btw: you really don't want to get into the habit of messing around with an AI bot and then taking your habits into a live chatroom filled with humans. lol.) - do they actually serve any purpose?  Do they really help lonely people to feel less lonely?  Is there another use for them?

What does everyone here think?

I'll go with "yes". There was a couple of times when I've felt like I was about to go insane and really needed someone to talk with, but there just wasn't anyone out there. To me this was better than nothing. Actually, I think those "souless machines" really helped me to last this long. The ones I was interacting with also had a fair share of personality, able to play music and games. It was almost like chatting with a stranger.

They're certainly not a replacement for actual humans and they're not a long term solution, but I do think they serve a purpose. Not sure about additional uses, I think AI just hasn't reached that stage of development just yet.

Maybe we do...
Question is; would you know the difference?

*Twilight Zone theme*

Latest posts

Back