Just say no to her crap

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearcat22

Reaction score
Could be the best thing that ever happened to you my man.

[font=Verdana, Arial]I got sick of my job, sick of my wife[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial]Sick of my future and sick of my life[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial]I packed up my car and I got some gas[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial]And told ev'rybody they could kiss my ass[/font]

Glen Frey

I'm not sure what kind of conversation you are hoping to get from this post.

nibbysaurus said:
I'm not sure what kind of conversation you are hoping to get from this post.

Is a conversation necessary?  

Either the truth is seen and the advice taken, or it isn't.

if you don't spark a conversation with your posts, perhaps you should use the diary section?

nibbysaurus said:
if you don't spark a conversation with your posts, perhaps you should use the diary section?

Well, clearly this post has "sparked a conversation". Satisfied?

Thanks, by the way, for the unsolicited advice.  I'm quite content 
with response to my posts so far.

Have a nice day.

nibbysaurus said:
there really is no need to be quite so combative in your responses.

Has it occurred to you that your first response in this thread was "combative"?

Is there a "need"?  What exactly is it that make you believe that you are 
entitled to tell me what is and is not needed?

If you wish to debate the OP point, by all means, have at it.

bearcat22 said:
Could be the best thing that ever happened to you my man.

[font=Verdana, Arial]I got sick of my job, sick of my wife[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial]Sick of my future and sick of my life[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial]I packed up my car and I got some gas[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial]And told ev'rybody they could kiss my ass[/font]

Glen Frey

I think running away from your problems is only going to work if you can miraculously become a new person in the process.
If you keep making the same sort of decisions your "fresh start" is likely to sour quickly.

Also, I think it's interesting that this person was irritated with his job, his wife, his future, and his life... and decided it was EVERYONE ELSE's fault and took off. The world would be a better place if more people took responsibility for their own actions and choices.
Song lyrics don't always make for decent real world advice.

[quote pid='891711' dateline='1547250862']
I think running away from your problems is only going to work if you can miraculously become a new person in the process.
If you keep making the same sort of decisions your "fresh start" is likely to sour quickly.

Also, I think it's interesting that this person was irritated with his job, his wife, his future, and his life... and decided it was EVERYONE ELSE's fault and took off. The world would be a better place if more people took responsibility for their own actions and choices.
[/quote]

By what logic does walking away from a bad situation preclude the person from becoming "a new person"?
On the contrary, it is highly likely to cause such a change.

There is no reason to believe from the OP that this person would "keep making the same sort of decisions"
and if you listened to the entire song, I think you would see that he did not.

The person in this song did not decide anything was anyone's fault, he simply told them to kiss his ass, and left.

The person in this song did indeed take responsibility for his actions and choices, and celebrates this fact
in the song.  And it is an inspiration to millions, judging by it's commercial success.

On the contrary, music and lyrics have an incredible power to inspire real world action and happiness.

bearcat22 said:

By what logic does walking away from a bad situation preclude the person from becoming "a new person"?

There is no reason to believe from the OP that this person would "keep making the same sort of decisions"

The person in this song did not decide anything was anyone's fault, he simply told them to kiss his ass, and left.

The person in this song did indeed take responsibility for his actions and choices, and celebrates this fact
in the song.  And it is an inspiration to millions, judging by it's commercial success.

On the contrary, music and lyrics have an incredible power to inspire real world action and happiness.

[/quote]

I don't believe I said that you couldn't change... I did indicate it was unlikely as people rarely change.
A bad situation is different from leaving your entire life behind. I have not listened to this song and I have no plans to. If you wanted me to go by the whole song perhaps you should have listed ALL the lyrics.

What evidence do you have that a decision like that is "highly likely" to inspire a change in oneself. I only ask because you have dismissed others for not providing the same when they speak in generalities, it's only fair.

Commercial success proves nothing. I believe there are many songs out there that glorify violence, drug use, and crime, among other topics, that are commercial successes, that doesn't mean we should use them as a blueprint for our life choices. Which is why I said "Song lyrics don't always make for decent real world advice."

Logically, if he thought he would be happier elsewhere (the changes he made from what you posted were leaving his wife and job and telling everyone to kiss his ass) he must not hold himself accountable. If there is more to the story... perhaps that should be shared when giving "advice".

kaetic said:
bearcat22 said:

[/quote]I don't believe I said that you couldn't change... I did indicate it was unlikely as people rarely change.
A bad situation is different from leaving your entire life behind. I have not listened to this song and I have no plans to. If you wanted me to go by the whole song perhaps you should have listed ALL the lyrics.

What evidence do you have that a decision like that is "highly likely" to inspire a change in oneself. I only ask because you have dismissed others for not providing the same when they speak in generalities, it's only fair.

Commercial success proves nothing. I believe there are many songs out there that glorify violence, drug use, and crime, among other topics, that are commercial successes, that doesn't mean we should use them as a blueprint for our life choices. Which is why I said "Song lyrics don't always make for decent real world advice."[/quote]

I am sure there is evidence to both support and refute the assertion that "people rarely change" but since most
objective studies and personal observation are limited, that may never be settled.   Based upon my observation, 
it does happen.  Based upon the inspiring song, it can happen and  should happen more often.

Yes, a bad situation is different from leaving your entire life behind. 
You have made a brilliant observation: one is a condition you are in, and one is an action you take.
 So what?

The message is, "go ahead, leave that bad situation, and on your way, tell them all to kiss your ass."
Maybe you were just not paying attention.  Do you tend to have dizzy spells, get confused?  

I mentioned the rest of the song to point out the results of the beginning of it, due to objections posted here.
I could not care less whether or not you choose to make the effort to know what you are talking about.
What I posted conveyed the message I wanted it to, and that was enough for me.
Your failure to understand or investigate is very much not my problem.

I do not believe I have challenged anyone to justify a generality, although that's possible.
What is more likely is that I have challenged some to provide evidence of what they claim as facts.
As for the act of making a radical decision to change life circumstances being highly likely to inspire change
in the man with the balls to take that decision, I regard that as self-evident.

Since you take an attitude like "I did not listen to the rest and I never will" it strikes me 
as slightly unlikely that it would be worth my time and effort to educate you with examples and evidence,
so I will have to sadly decline your request that I teach you.

Commercial success proves nothing?  Sorry, but it pretty conclusively demonstrates popularity, which 
means that thing has value to some people.  It is simply my opinion that this song likely 
inspired a great many people who heard it and purchased it, and it should continue to 
inspire and please many more people, even to the point of changing their lives in similar ways.

The fact that some music inspires negative choices does not disprove the fact that some music
does offer good advice and inspiration.

What is good musical advice to one person, such as the song "fresia the police" may be bad advice to
someone who prefers whatever a person of your caliber might find good advice.'

It is pretty obvious that not all music "offers good advice" so maybe you didn't have to say so.

We are all free to change the channel. 

And, of course, if you do not like
my posts, feel free to ignore them.   

Have a nice day.

[/quote]

bearcat22 said:
kaetic said:
bearcat22 said:

I don't believe I said that you couldn't change... I did indicate it was unlikely as people rarely change.

Commercial success proves nothing. I believe there are many songs out there that glorify violence, drug use, and crime, among other topics, that are commercial successes, that doesn't mean we should use them as a blueprint for our life choices. Which is why I said "Song lyrics don't always make for decent real world advice."
[/quote]

I am sure there is evidence to both support and refute the assertion that "people rarely change" but since most
objective studies and personal observation are limited, that may never be settled.   Based upon my observation, 
it does happen.  Based upon the inspiring song, it can happen and  should happen more often.

Yes, a bad situation is different from leaving your entire life behind. 
You have made a brilliant observation: one is a condition you are in, and one is an action you take.
 So what?

The message is, "go ahead, leave that bad situation, and on your way, tell them all to kiss your ass."
Maybe you were just not paying attention.  Do you tend to have dizzy spells, get confused?  

I mentioned the rest of the song to point out the results of the beginning of it, due to objections posted here.
I could not care less whether or not you choose to make the effort to know what you are talking about.
What I posted conveyed the message I wanted it to, and that was enough for me.
Your failure to understand or investigate is very much not my problem.

I do not believe I have challenged anyone to justify a generality, although that's possible.
What is more likely is that I have challenged some to provide evidence of what they claim as facts.
As for the act of making a radical decision to change life circumstances being highly likely to inspire change
in the man with the balls to take that decision, I regard that as self-evident.

Since you take an attitude like "I did not listen to the rest and I never will" it strikes me 
as slightly unlikely that it would be worth my time and effort to educate you with examples and evidence, '
so I will have to sadly decline.

Commercial success proves nothing?  Sorry, but it pretty conclusively demonstrates popularity, which 
means that thing has value to some people.  It is simply my opinion that this song likely 
inspired a great many people who heard it and purchased it, and it should continue to 
inspire and please many more people, even to the point of changing their lives in similar ways.

The fact that some music inspires negative choices does not disprove the fact that some music
does in offer good advice and inspiration.

What is good musical advice to one person, such as the song "fresia the police" may be bad advice to
someone who prefers whatever a person of your caliber might find good advice.'

It is pretty obvious that not all music "offers good advice" so maybe you didn't have to say so.

We are all free to change the channel. 

And, of course, if you do not like
my posts, feel free to ignore them.   

Have a nice day.

[/quote]
[/quote]

I didn't say I didn't like your posts. On the contrary I find them very entertaining.

"What I posted conveyed the message I wanted it to, and that was enough for me.
Your failure to understand or investigate is very much not my problem."

Such is the mantra of anyone who is spreading misinformation.
You took something out of context and twisted it to fit your message, and you could care less if anyone bothers to fact check you or not.

Here I'll help you out.
The complete lyrics:

[font=Programme, sans-serif]I got sick of my job, sick of my wife[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]Sick of my future and sick of my life[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]I packed up my car and I got some gas[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]And told ev'rybody they could kiss my ass[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]I'm goin' to Party town (Yeah, yeah)[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]I wanna party down (Yeah, yeah)[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]I wanna have some fun[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]I wanna fool around[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]I'm goin' to Party town[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]The sun comes up, the sun goes down[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]Doesn't really matter in Party town[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]They go all day and they go all night[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]They keep on goin' until they get it right[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]Right here in Party town (Yeah, yeah)[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]They really party down (Yeah, yeah)[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]Man it's a party town (Yeah, yeah)[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]You know they all got their own[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]And they pass it all around[/font]

[font=Programme, sans-serif]Well I'm burnin' like a blowtorch in my prime[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]Ev'rybody here is a friend of mine[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]I met a little girl a couple shooters ago[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]She's teachin' me ev'rything I don't know[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]About Party town (Yeah, yeah)[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]You know they love to ball[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]They do it in the hall[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]Right here in Party town[/font]

[font=Programme, sans-serif]We're so cool[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]You got any? (Yeah)[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]Meet you in the john[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]Woo hoo hoo[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]I sure feel good![/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]Some Party![/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif](Can you say, monster?)[/font]

So here's another question for you. What exactly was your advice again?
This song while it probably has a good beat and a catchy melody, is about escaping through drug and alcohol abuse.

I didn't say I didn't like your posts. On the contrary I find them very entertaining.

"What I posted conveyed the message I wanted it to, and that was enough for me.
Your failure to understand or investigate is very much not my problem."

Such is the mantra of anyone who is spreading misinformation.
You took something out of context and twisted it to fit your message, and you could care less if anyone bothers to fact check you or not.

Here I'll help you out.
The complete lyrics:

[font=Programme, sans-serif]I got sick of my job, sick of my wife[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]Sick of my future and sick of my life[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]I packed up my car and I got some gas[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]And told ev'rybody they could kiss my ass[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]I'm goin' to Party town (Yeah, yeah)[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]I wanna party down (Yeah, yeah)[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]I wanna have some fun[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]I wanna fool around[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]I'm goin' to Party town[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]The sun comes up, the sun goes down[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]Doesn't really matter in Party town[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]They go all day and they go all night[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]They keep on goin' until they get it right[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]Right here in Party town (Yeah, yeah)[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]Man it's a party town (Yeah, yeah)[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]You know they all got their own[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]And they pass it all around[/font]

[font=Programme, sans-serif]Well I'm burnin' like a blowtorch in my prime[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]Ev'rybody here is a friend of mine[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]I met a little girl a couple shooters ago[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]She's teachin' me ev'rything I don't know[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]About Party town (Yeah, yeah)[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]You know they love to ball[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]They do it in the hall[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]Right here in Party town[/font]

[font=Programme, sans-serif]We're so cool[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]You got any? (Yeah)[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]Meet you in the john[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]Woo hoo hoo[/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]I sure feel good![/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif]Some Party![/font]
[font=Programme, sans-serif](Can you say, monster?)[/font]

So here's another question for you. What exactly was your advice again?
This song while it probably has a good beat and a catchy melody, is about escaping through drug and alcohol abuse.
[/quote]

My mistake.  I sometimes forget that there are some people so pathetic
that they have to derive entertainment from specious attacks on others.

If you regard what I posted as "misinformation" you are, again, confused.
What precise fact, what specific piece of false information, do you claim I posted? 

A person genuinely spreading misinformation would not say, "Go ahead and check or don't I really don't care"

I am confident that others of a different caliber than yourself have already fully understood
and will continue to understand the message as composed in the OP.  The curious of course can explore further.

Next:

First of all, alcohol is a drug, so it is stupidly redundant to use the phrase, "drug and alcohol abuse".

Second, where do you find any evidence of "abuse" in the song?'

The man chose to ESCAPE first, then chose to celebrate, though you appear to desperately
want to twist it otherwise. The song is not about a man with an ******* boss, a ***** wife,
a wimp who is too scared to leave and just goes home every night and gets high.

Next:

Your attitude says a great deal more about you than it does about the song.

Sadly, there are indeed many Church Ladies in life looking to judge the pleasures of 
others as inappropriate.

I choose to believe that every man is entitled by nature to decide
how to live his life, and how to celebrate a good change in his life.

bearcat22 said:

in the song
.  And it is an inspiration to millions, judging by it's commercial success.

[/quote]

Upon reading the entirety of the lyrics I found these statements to be untrue.
He didn't leave anything, he didn't take responsibility for anything, he just got drunk and/or high because he didn't want to deal with his problems.

I really don't care how you live your life.
Or what "caliber" of person you think I am.
But if you're going to go around giving advice like "escape through drugs and alcohol" or "strap a bomb to your chest" to "remove evil from the earth" then I'm going to disagree with you.

The only person who has done any sort of "attacking" is you. Disagreement is not the same thing.
I have not called you any names.
I have not insulted you in any way.
I have only pointed out that you took this out of context and perhaps it isn't such great advice.

I agree though, your attitude is saying a hell of a lot about you as well.

[quote pid='891747' dateline='1547268245']
[quote pid='891732' dateline='1547261040']
[/quote]

"Upon reading the entirety of the lyrics I found these statements to be untrue.
He didn't leave anything, he didn't take responsibility for anything, he just got drunk and/or high because he didn't want to deal with his problems.

But if you're going to go around giving advice like "escape through drugs and alcohol" or "strap a bomb to your chest" to "remove evil from the earth" then I'm going to disagree with you.

The only person who has done any sort of "attacking" is you. Disagreement is not the same thing.
I have only pointed out that you took this out of context and perhaps it isn't such great advice.

I agree though, your attitude is saying a hell of a lot about you as well"

Well, if something as elementary as "I packed up the car and I got some gas"
does not convey to your brain that he did indeed leave behind his wife and job, I am
at a loss as to how to help you understand that it is false for you to say "he didn't leave anything".

Maybe that is just what would make you feel more comfortable, to twist things so that 
you don't have to admit this guy has balls, and some don't?

On the contrary, dealing with his problems is PRECISELY what he did, you simply
don't approve of the way he chose to do it: leave, and celebrate leaving.

Hmm. If you did not care how I live my life, why have  you invested so much time and 
effort attempting to attack how I post and what I say?  That is part of my life, after all.

Clearly you are a highly moral and superior person.  Don't you have some 
witches to go burn?

I am certain that what you say is true. You are not concerned about what caliber of person you are.
That is usually the case with a certain caliber of person.

I have not called you any "names".   If you recognize yourself in things I say, 
then you are the one choosing a label, not me.

I am happy that you believe you have not insulted me in any way.
I am sure you are totally honest about that belief.  It's your conscience, not mine.
Readers here can draw their own conclusions.

Something taken out of context is not automatically unsuitable for
its purpose.  I am satisfied with the OP as it stands.   Anyone that wishes
to can see the attribution and investigate it.

The words as they are chosen convey what I wish them to.  If you are
dissatisfied, that is a terrible tragedy, and I am sure many people will be
convinced by you that I tried to mislead them and you are a saint.

I agree, the quote is not such great advice for wimps not man enough to stop
eating honeysuckle and instead go live life as they choose.

If people choose to make assumptions about me based upon my perceived
attitude, I'd say that is inevitable. I simply made the observation that your
misinterpretations do not say anything about the song, but do say a lot about you.

I'm content to let my words stand, and to discuss them with those who show
some evidence of actual brain power and integrity.

Have a nice day.

[/quote]

bearcat22 said:
[quote pid='891747' dateline='1547268245']
[quote pid='891732' dateline='1547261040']

"Upon reading the entirety of the lyrics I found these statements to be untrue.

I agree though, your attitude is saying a hell of a lot about you as well"

Well, if something as elementary as "I packed up the car and I got some gas"
does not convey to your brain that he did indeed leave behind his wife and job, I am
at a loss as to how to help you understand that it is false for you to say "he didn't leave anything".

Maybe that is just what would make you feel more comfortable, to twist things so that 
you don't have to admit this guy has balls, and some don't?

On the contrary, dealing with his problems is PRECISELY what he did, you simply
don't approve of the way he chose to do it: leave, and celebrate leaving.

Hmm. If you did not care how I live my life, why have  you invested so much time and 
effort attempting to attack how I post and what I say?  That is part of my life, after all.

Clearly you are a highly moral and superior person.  Don't you have some 
witches to go burn?

I am certain that what you say is true.   You are not concerned about what caliber of person you are.
That is usually the case with a certain caliber of person.

I have not called you any "names".   If you recognize yourself in things I say, 
then you are the one choosing a label, not me.

I am happy that you believe you have not insulted me in any way.
I am sure you are totally honest about that belief.  It's your conscience, not mine.
Readers here can draw their own conclusions.

Something taken out of context is not automatically unsuitable for
its purpose.  I am satisfied with the OP as it stands.   Anyone that wishes
to can see the attribution and investigate it.

The words as they are chosen convey what I wish them to.  If you are
dissatisfied, that is a terrible tragedy, and I am sure many people will be
convinced by you that I tried to mislead them and you are a saint.

I agree, the quote is not such great advice for wimps not man enough to stop
eating honeysuckle and instead go live life as they choose.

If people choose to make assumptions about me based upon my perceived
attitude, I'd say that is inevitable. I simply made the observation that your
misinterpretations do not say anything about the song, but do say a lot about you.

I'm content to let my words stand, and to discuss them with those who show
some evidence of actual brain power and integrity.

Have a nice day.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Then maybe you should stop editing your previous posts? That is unless you see a problem with something you posted?
You have a nice day too, sweetie. :)

[/quote]

Then maybe you should stop editing your previous posts? That is unless you see a problem with something you posted?
You have a nice day too, sweetie. :) [/quote]

Like most of your ilk, your logic is faulty.
I stated that i am content with what the OP says as it stands, and as you know, that has not 
ever been edited.

Some people think faster than their bodies can accurately respond. This creates
typos and use of one word when another might be better.

As for technical skill, some of us don't live our whole lives on forums with nothing better to do than
harass people that make us uncomfortable. Mistakes happen. This is, perhaps, why the owners of the site
chose to include the editing feature.

Are you suggesting that mistakes should not be corrected?

Is that really the best you can do?  Imply that my words MUST be false because
I care enough to correct a mistake if I find it? Thank you for suggesting with evidence that YOU are
dishonest by implying that I am.

The people who actually matter understand all this.

I am sure all readers here can see just how "sweet" you are, and how sincere.

I am sure all those type of  persons also would kiss the ass of the Church Lady.

Fortunately, I am confident that even if outnumbered, persons of a much higher caliber exist and will read this.

I hope you will  get in life what you so obviously richly deserve.

Have a nice day.

[/quote]

Latest posts

Back