Am I lonely?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obunga

Reaction score
honeysuckle guys, Im really confused. I'm a teenager and have very few friends but a good family but can't really open up about those touchy things. I constantly feel sad and lonely because a girl who I deemed my best friend and am going to try to make my girlfriend may be drifting away and I continously am unable to make friends in my grade. 

Now is this me actually feeling lonely and sad or a puberty thing. If its a puberty thing I can man up and push through hopefully but if its not what the fresia am I doing wrong 
What do you all think?

You've not given us a lot of information, so really, it's hard to tell if you are doing something wrong or not. It certainly sounds like you are lonely. Whether that is caused by puberty or not is unclear.
You talk about not being able to open up to people, but why can't you? What would happen if you did? It might be worth giving it a shot. Would things really be any worse if you did? If you don't open up, it's really hard to get anything worthwhile out of life. You can't stay closed off and have close friends/family. Try to find one person you can feel comfortable opening up to.

TheRealCallie said:
You've not given us a lot of information, so really, it's hard to tell if you are doing something wrong or not.  It certainly sounds like you are lonely.  Whether that is caused by puberty or not is unclear.
You talk about not being able to open up to people, but why can't you?  What would happen if you did?  It might be worth giving it a shot.  Would things really be any worse if you did?  If you don't open up, it's really hard to get anything worthwhile out of life.  You can't stay closed off and have close friends/family.  Try to find one person you can feel comfortable opening up to.
I can't really open up to my family because I'm a male and have to be a man, I'm not supposed to show weakness. 
Its hard opening up to people because I try to show the cooler part of me and when I open up its like they lose interest in me and stop caring because I am no longer "cool". I thought this wasnt true but after an unpleasant accidental experiment. I may have lost a person I would've called my best friend and possibly girlfriends. I may have lost her and everyone else

I don't think that the phrase 'man up' should even have a place in the English vocabulary. There's nothing weak about feeling the way you feel. I agree with TheRealCallie about finding someone you feel comfortable with. And also, don't be so afraid of showing it - you shouldn't be ashamed of being lonely - it just means that you're human.

Loneliness is feeling sadness or dissatisfaction because your social life isn't how you want it to be. Do you feel that way? I know I do. I have people I get along with, but I never see them outside of school, and we barely talk as it is. I also have never had a gf.

Obunga said:
honeysuckle guys, Im really confused. I'm a teenager and have very few friends but a good family but can't really open up about those touchy things. I constantly feel sad and lonely because a girl who I deemed my best friend and am going to try to make my girlfriend may be drifting away and I continously am unable to make friends in my grade. 

Now is this me actually feeling lonely and sad or a puberty thing. If its a puberty thing I can man up and push through hopefully but if its not what the fresia am I doing wrong 
What do you all think?

Stats say that when you are dating/pursuing someone you lose the majority of your friends, so there's that. People in high school I noticed tended to steer away from those in relationships because they knew they were busy (people in relationships for the most part completely stop talking to their friends), and also because they may feel sad for theirselves that they aren't in a relationship/don't have a best friend they are trying to pursue. In regards to making friends in your grade, are you similar to them? Do you get good grades, are you quiet and have this aura that says "don't talk to me, I don't want to be rejected by you." Do you have alot in common with these people you try to interact with? I need more details

Being a teenager is definitely hard to navigate due to like you said the hormones but also wanting peer acceptance that is so important often times to ones self esteem.  I am so sorry that you are struggling but so glad that you were brave enough to reach out.  Human connection is an inner need for all of us.  I think that it is important that you trust whomever it is that you plan to open up to and know that not everyone needs to or has the right to hear about those things that are vulnerable to you.  I have openned up to some that I felt that I could trust and they were not the "right" person and didn't respect or keep confidential some vulnerable information of mine which hurt deeply.  I had to forgive so that it didn't bother me and move on.  If you are interested, I can find some resources that might be valuable at this time during your life as you navigate through these years.  Just let me know and I will get back to you.

Latest posts

Back