Ugliness is my excuse

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMcC

Reaction score
I'm covered in acne. I'm only 5'5. I have a 100% overbite, my teeth are popcorn yellow, and they're incredibly crooked. I have post-nasal drip, so I'm constantly coughing up phlegm, and it layers onto my white tongue. My lips are crusty from dryness, and I always smell, no matter how much I clean up. I'm just a happy camper. Rockin' and a-rollin'!

JMcC said:
I'm covered in acne. I'm only 5'5. I have a 100% overbite, my teeth are popcorn yellow, and they're incredibly crooked. I have post-nasal drip, so I'm constantly coughing up phlegm, and it layers onto my white tongue. My lips are crusty from dryness, and I always smell, no matter how much I clean up. I'm just a happy camper. Rockin' and a-rollin'!

You could try some anti-acne products and switch to a raw vegan diet for a few months. Your skin problems will significantly diminish. 5'5 is not bad at all. There are plenty of people shorter than that. Teeth whitening is a pretty easy procedure nowadays. You can have a dentist do it or you could buy some of those whitening products and use them at home. Lip balm should help with your dryness. Bad body odor can be decreased through frequent showers and use of perfume. I don't have any suggestions for your overbite and post-nasal drip other than surgery, but that's expensive. But you are definitely able to improve a lot easily.

JMcC said:

Count yourself lucky, I can’t get it up.

It’s no good looking like a young Robert Redford when you can’t get it up.

As Lucian said, there are many, many ways to help most of your problems. Will everything you try work? No, but if you keep trying, you will eventually find something that does. Also look for home remedies. There are quite a few out there for acne that are pretty cheap to make and even some for yellow teeth.

What is the cause of the post nasal drip? There is likely something that can be done for that, but while you can attempt to treat the symptom, you also need to address the cause.

Do you have a cause for the smell? A doctor could probably help you with that and they have "clinical strength" deodorant over the counter now. Though, I suppose that really depends on where you are in the world.

Your height really can't be changed, but you will appear taller if you are more confident. You are right about one thing though....it's an EXCUSE. Stop making excuses and start looking for ways to solve your issues. If you've been trying, start looking outside the box. I know you've said you have other issues, but maybe if you start feeling better about how you look, it will change how feel about yourself.

Well! The thing is you probably aint any more ugly than most of us, cos we sure aint all film stars and models! The problem is you THINK you are ugly and you FEEL diminished. It is  a real symptom of depression as I do know which makes you focus on every tiny negative thing about yourself or the world and magnify it until you cannot think of anything else.
Yes! Do get help for any physical causes but also ask for help with the way you feel.

I had a coworker that i am pretty sure never bathed or washed his clothes
He would blast himself with AXE 🤢
He had a GF

Dude, in this day and age, there a bunch of solutions to your problems with your image. They require time and consistency though and that's up to you.

Personally, I would recommend working out. It calms me down and makes me enjoy all the little things in the world. 

Like today, for example, I finished my workout session and on the way home I saw two ducks swimming in a river. I watched those ducks swim for 10 minutes straight, it was awesome 😁

Phantimos said:
Dude, in this day and age, there a bunch of solutions to your problems with your image. They require time and consistency though and that's up to you.

Personally, I would recommend working out. It calms me down and makes me enjoy all the little things in the world. 

Like today, for example, I finished my workout session and on the way home I saw two ducks swimming in a river. I watched those ducks swim for 10 minutes straight, it was awesome 😁

I don’t think ducks are the solution to his problem.

I have a wife, two blackbirds cheeping merrily outside are not the solution to the problem.

A vibrator, her dressed in seductive lingerie and about three orgasms are the solution.

It’s just the way it is?.

I’m off to look at pictures of my step daughter on Facebook.

Puddled Duck said:
Phantimos said:

I have a wife, two blackbirds cheeping merrily outside are not the solution to the problem.

A vibrator, her dressed in seductive lingerie and about three orgasms are the solution.

Maybe you're impotent because you feel guilty  about something What would you feel guilty about? Idk... That's your question to answer. 

You completely missed the point of phantimos's post.
Why are you knocking people who are trying to help the op?

Puddled Duck said:
Phantimos said:

Ducks are always the solution to any problem. ❤️
*quack*

...about the original post... Don't take this wrong but at first it made me laugh because I thought it was a joke. It sounds like you wanted to make yourself to be the Peter Parker of the World where all the stars of the Universe are colluding against you!

...however...

On the other hand - where this post is real...I apologize for the above statement and, let's look at it...

I'm covered in acne.
There are some solutions. For example, acutane will make it go away - for sure! You may also be allergic to your own sweat - I am a little and I have seen some people who were a lot. You might also be allergic to some foods. Then, there is also some make-up for men that hides the acne. Even if you have the worse acne in the World - you can do something about it. It may not solve all but, you can improve.

I'm only 5'5.
I'm 6"2 and I spent my teens and pre-teens freaking out because I was real skinny and ended up looking like a lampost. Today I love my height but, the more I talked about it the more I realized everyone was unhappy about their height. Height is relative. And now...it's not even important to me anymore. If I found girl to my liking and she was 5 foot - I don't give a flying duck about what the World thinks.

I have a 100% overbite, my teeth are popcorn yellow, and they're incredibly crooked.
As like the acne, you can do something about that too and I don't even know why you mention it. White stripes, dentists, etc, etc, etc... No has to have the teeth they have if they don't like them. I guess this is the part that made me laugh.

I have post-nasal drip, so I'm constantly coughing up phlegm, and it layers onto my white tongue.
I have no idea what this condition and what it implies so, I won't respond to this one.

My lips are crusty from dryness, and I always smell, no matter how much I clean up. I'm just a happy camper. Rockin' and a-rollin'!
Smelling bad is also something you can fix. Maybe you'll have to brush your teeth 5 times a day instead of 1 or twice. So? You can have a big toothpaste for less than a buck. Sometimes I have to work double shifts at hospital - I carry toothbrush & toothpaste in my bag, I always brush after each meal and if I have the littlest inkling that my breath is bad - I go wash. Same goes for deodorant - you can apply more, more often and you can get a prescribed deodorant that will be 10 X more effective too.

So... You need to get started on your homework. All these things will make you have a better self-esteem and you'll feel more confident when you meet people.

Good luck!

JMcC said:
if drug store products haven't worked for your acne, you can try getting a prescription for something stronger from your doctor by telling him what you've tried and how long you've tried it for. You can try adapalene OTC if you haven't tried that yet. Charcoal powder for teeth whitening works really well. Dry lips-use chapstick. Bad body odor-try cleaning using yourself using hibiclens, that's also available at the drug store, followed by body spray.

Latest posts

Back