When A.L.L. Dreams, What Does A.L.L. Dream Of?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IncolaVacui

Reaction score
Topic. Discuss dreams here. When A Lonely Life members dream, what does A Lonely Life dream of?

Mine are often of either nightmares, other worlds, or nightmarish other worlds.

What does A.L.L. dream of?

I illustrate my dreams. I also go online and read other people's dreams. The nightmares are my favourite - some of them even offer me inspiration for a horror-based story.

I can't really pin-point exactly what I dream about - it's all very random. However I don't tend to have a lot of nightmares - which is very surprising considering I have constant anxiety about my circumstances.

When I was a kid I used to have a recurring nightmare about the walls closing in ,a real sweat inducer i can tell ya .Nowadays depending what cheese i've had the night before they tend to be sweet dreams but wake when somethings really good is happening ;) and try to get back to sleep to get back in :D

I don't remember much in terms of dreams from recently. Every now and then i have one that will stick with me for a short while. A year or so ago i had one where my mother was driving me. In that dream she was incapable of driving and it was clear we would get killed. She was adamant about driving me because she wanted to help. I think i ended up dead and she still lived, i don't remember. But i died for sure. That's when i woke up.

Back in my childhood i had alot of nightmares about my parents urging me to eat something that would kill me. I'd always eat it and die. I also had alot where i had to walk downstairs, but while walking the stairs disappeared and i was free falling down, which was a scary feeling. I did end up downstairs of the house but it looked like a war torn house instead. Something there would chase me. I would wake up.

Those are a few from the top of my head. Recently i don't remember dreams much as i said, except rarely i dream of a person that is at that time very close/important to me, usually after a great deal of time spent with said person the day preceding the night.

I used to dream I was naked on top of a bus (the roof).

The bus would turn a sharp corner and I would fall off the top of the bus.

Had that dream many of a time.

Not sure of the meaning.

Last night's dream involved my oldest running away to live with my ex. I didn't take it well...

And then a couple of weeks ago, I had a dream that I was watching a cat give birth. But all of her kittens came out, with holes in their stomachs and their insides falling out.

Most of my other dreams involve either 1) me getting shot or stabbed or 2) me shooting or stabbing someone to protect someone else (and I am usually protecting the same man).

Being lost in some unfamiliar city: Being able to see in the distance where I want to be but having obstacles barring my way; Being in awkward social situations where i don't belong; Driving in my car or truck but the road is uphill and it gets steeper and steeper and the vehicle might flip over backward; Being in a huge building of many rooms like a museum or huge library and it's fascinating but the staircases and doors open into dead ends; Walking at night in some city and there's something following me that's menacing. Those are a few of the scenarios.....Not horrible but always something wrong and the good stuff is in sight but usually (not always) just out of reach.

My dreams have been about my ex and I hanging out and just being chill and happy then right at the end she disappears out of nowhere, and I'll come across her either having a conversation about me in a negative light, or her leaving with someone else and then the environment gets very dark and cold, hell I've had dreams about helping her move out furniture from some apartment I've never been to, along with other men I've never met. It's a very childish and insecure dream sequence that says alot more about me than her, typically.

I've dreampt about falling off of the side of some great chasm only to just barely grab ahold with my fingertips and pull myself up but then a giant slab of earth starts slamming down so I'll roll off the edge and hold on, I'll let go just long enough as it slams down and then grab again as it raises but it starts slamming down more rapidly as the dream goes on.

I'd dreampt about waking up in dark room in a house I lived in as a child, my eyes scanning the room before I decide I'd seen nothing even though I'd felt I'd been watched. Then as I lay back down I think over it again and decide I had seen something, a shadow standing there in the room that my mind had just passed over. I open my eyes again and there's a man standing there grinning at me, holding a knife over me and I can't move or make a sound.

I've dreampt about being underneath a car.

I've dreampt about rolling down a hill as I hear footsteps chasing me, and as I hit the dirt at the bottom of the hill and rest, the voices fade and I get a moment to breath, then I hear the voices start up again as they come around the bend nearby, and it's a group of zombie-like monsters screaming something I can't remember. My friend could, because I told him about it and he thought it was hilarious and he used to chant the phrase at me, lmao.

I've had a dream about there being a giant hill right outside my door, and from my window I could see a man coming down the hill but he was straight black, no color, a shadow. I climbed into an attic I know doesn't exist and hid there.

Another dream had the same premise but it was a horde of people screaming at my house, and there was a loud bang as bullets started flying through my walls, chasing me. I ran down a long path that gradually became darker and darker, then down a spiral staircase into a darkened with blue tint version of my childhood school in where I got trapped in a bathroom with these shade-people, mostly kids.

I dreampt I was a film director, Pacific Northwest (I was Tom Cruise in this dream, and I was watching Gravity Falls when I went to sleep. So they kept saying Pacifica Northwest in the show and it got into my dream, I guess?) Anyways, the rest of the dream was me trying to escape a house of gore and monsters, by ******* my way out. Don't ask me, man.

Decent ways to tell if you're dreaming, make a habit out of wearing a watch and checking the time. In a dream, the time will never be the same from second to second, and rarely will it even be a number that makes any sense. Make a habit out of pinching your nose while you're awake and you'll start to do it in your dreams. If you pinch your nose while you're awake, you won't be able to breath. If you do it while you're in a dream, you'll breath right through it because you're not pinching your nose in real life. You just need triggers that work for you, really. This can lead to lucid dreams, if you want.

Just remembered a really scarey recurring dream I used to have when things were not too good with the wife.

I used to be looking in from the outside ,my wife was with someone else laughing ,cuddling ,kissing all the usual stuff when you so obviously in love and the dream would just go on and on and be really vivid.

When I woke up and she was there next to me the relief was just so emotional ,but haven't had that one for years now.

I usually dream of some member of my family, or someone at work yelling at me, and me getting in trouble for something that I don't remember doing. Those dreams are frequent.

The rest of my dreams are nonsensical with no rhyme or reason to them.

Last night I dreamed that I was in my local shopping center, and a hurricane ripped the roof off. I was clinging onto whatever I could, fighting desperately against mother nature. At some point someone was holding a plant-like creature that kept lashing out with its tentacles. Weird.

hewhowalksalone said:
Last night I dreamed that I was in my local shopping center, and a hurricane ripped the roof off.  I was clinging onto whatever I could, fighting desperately against mother nature.  At some point someone was holding a plant-like creature that kept lashing out with its tentacles.  Weird.

What, like Cthulhu? That would be rather concerning, yes.

I visit this forum called 'dream moods'. I'm not registered on it - I just go on as a guest. But I read the dreams people put on there.

hewhowalksalone said:
I visit this forum called 'dream moods'.  I'm not registered on it - I just go on as a guest. But I read the dreams people put on there.

Mine are often horrific, and in the rare instances they aren't they are, at the very least, very spiritual in symbolism, likely because that's my literary preference. Sometimes they're astronomical because I watch a lot of astronomy documentaries, and sometimes they're a really interesting blend of all three things. Rarely though are they ever direct. My dreams are almost always vague.

Sometimes mine are interesting, other times they can be boring. Even my nightmares tend to be about natural disasters and generally dangerous situations. I don't tend to dream about monsters and demons chasing me. I have a lot of zombie dreams, but it's just like I'm playing a role in a movie, or playing a video game - there's no fear in the dream.

Latest posts

Back