Giving up the booze

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Joturbo

Just thought I'd mention have just got through my first weekend without a drink in years . :) Sunday has never been a dangerous day for me and only usually drink on weekends and feeling better already.

Still suffered a couple of close moments with usual dramas as always but got through with intense distraction so all good.

Was not going to say but can't help it someone really special has helped me on here thanks for that :)

Way to go! I think you will find that the drama will stop getting to you so much in the future. A good eyeroll and you will be able to feel more calm about it.

Hi thanks Amy and Fazed

Have got through Sunday even though up in Central London with loads of pubs on the way.But weirdly just didn't feel like a drink just a coffee in pret before church in the afternoon.Anyway my wife sais I can't come out again for three months because I'm way to annoying now....must be not having hangover just feel much happier now and really recommend it :).Had the usual it's beer o'clock joke....and my brother leaving a bottle of pinot in my hallway..don't think he meant too and waiting out side a pub while my son fiddled with his Imodium tablets but survived it all :)

Anyway promise this not a weekly blog just feel really good now so off to drink my lucosade :p

Good on you Joturbo! One day at a time....it's a cliche but it's true and it worked for me: "Today I'm not getting loaded." When the urge won't go away just getting through today is a doable, accessible goal. And the urge gets less and less.

constant stranger said:
Good on you Joturbo!  One day at a time....it's a cliche but it's true and it worked for me:  "Today I'm not getting loaded."  When the urge won't go away just getting through today is a doable, accessible goal.  And the urge gets less and less.

Great message!

Latest posts

Back