Wtf

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Joturbo

Prince Phillip is driving again at the age of 97..and he's caught with no seatbelt..it's a mad world :club:

Joturbo said:
Prince Phillip is driving again at the age of 97..and he's caught with no seatbelt..it's a mad world :club:

Never heard of a 97 yr old driving before, thats funny and so cool  :D

Well i have been around young drivers as well as elderky ...one may be as bad as the other to be honest .

Elderly usually know their limitations if they are of sound mind

Prince Philip hasn't been of sound mind for decades. Some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth...

A 97 year old's reactions are inevitably slower than younger people, I see them all the time driving at snail's pace presumably because they aren't feeling confident and at that point they should deffo not be driving.

I have an auntie who was forced to give up her license after just a minor bump - and she's still in her 60's. She is getting forgetful to the point that everybody's worrying that she's developing Alzheimer's - so maybe it was a good thing that she stopped driving. But it's just the fact that Prince Philip is still allowed to continue driving at such an old age.

Jently said:
A 97 year old's reactions are inevitably slower than younger people, I see them all the time driving at snail's pace presumably because they aren't feeling confident and at that point they should deffo not be driving.

For sure but not driving like they are in a Nascar event

Was it even his fault, the accident I mean... Not the seatbelt. All the linked article says is that his Land Rover overturned after he pulled out of a driveway, very little about the other car or how the accident actually happened.

My grandfather's 92 and he still drives. Though, to be fair, up until a few months ago he was also still working full-time at 60-hours a week and was in great physical health for his age. The old man tripped while making a delivery, and shattered his hip on the fall, forcing him into retirement out of his 1099 Contract. He had to get a hip replacement, and now walks with a walker. Stubbornly, he took his first day without having to use the walker out for a drive to get pizza for my parents as a surprise, when at the pizza parlor he slipped on his way going into the building and fell again a second time, this time requiring him to get 18 stitches across his right eyebrow. I met him at the hospital later that night and he said to me: "That was stupid of me. I won't try that again..." Men in my family are traditionally pretty hardheaded and stubborn.

TheRealCallie said:
Betty White is 97....who is telling her she can't drive?  :club:

I don't even know if she drives or not. lol

That's because Betty White is a badass.
I have this comical theory that the last two people alive on Earth are gonna be Betty White and Keith Richards...
It's obviously a bad joke, but it tends to work as a great ice breaker. :p

Oh but he's got history

A chappie rang up my local radio station saying he was driven off the road by the Prince 30 years ago when the Prince came at him down the centre of a two way road.The poor gent very distinguished sounding was driven into the grass verge with scratches on his car and bits broken off I think.One of the two outriders in blacked out landrover did brake briefly but didn't stop to see if the poor chappie was alright.

He was adamant it was him and that he was talking to ex king Constantine of Greece not looking ahead...

But he is a Gemini and they do talk alot of crap anyway :D

The Prince I mean..

It's on James O'Brien on LBC if you wanna look it up..

But apparently in Aug 2017 there were 200 drivers of the age of 100🤐in Britian......

nibbysaurus said:
Serenity1 said:
Joturbo said:

Never heard of a 97 yr old driving before, thats funny and so cool  :D

no love, its not funny. People could have died. This 97 year old should not be driving anything, with or without a seatbelt
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...lip-involved-in-car-accident-near-sandringham

Oh sorryy، I did not mean about being no seatbelt. There was no link to expain what happen. I really did not mean its funny like a joke, I remember when I wrote the post the age struck me as very elderly and incapable.. So in future if we have flying cars, I thought this age will not even hinder that. It seemed so cool, which I definitely understand now its not. thankyou :S

TheRealCallie said:
I don't even know if she drives or not. lol

I don't know about now but as of a few years back, she was still driving.

GnOUJVg.jpg

Latest posts

Back