There is no point

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonewolf33

Reaction score
I feel like I was betrayed by a friend whom I previously trusted. I hate this I put myself out there and it always ends disasterously. I go for a long periods being by myself not really interacting with people and though it isn’t no easy I’m able to get by. Now that’s I opened myself up and this instance basically got etc betrayed I’m not only hurt but furious with myself for putting myself in these situations.

If you go long periods of time without interacting with people, you tend to forget how people can be and not see the signs that could show you not to trust someone. Going so long usually ends one of two ways, you trust too easily or you distrust everyone.

Trusting anyone, no matter how much you trust them, is a risk. But, if you don't take those risks, you won't find the people who really care. Don't give up, look back on this situation and learn from any mistakes you might have made, any signs that could have warned you, or maybe it's not as it appears to be and they didn't do what you think they did. (I'm not saying they did or did not, but not knowing what they did, it could be possible)

Lonewolf33 said:
I feel like I was betrayed by a friend whom I previously trusted. I hate this I put myself out there and it always ends disasterously. I go for a long periods being by myself not really interacting with people and though it isn’t no easy I’m able to get by. Now that’s I opened myself up and this instance basically got etc betrayed I’m not only hurt but furious with myself for putting myself in these situations.

Lonewolf33, I know how you feel. I myself have had a recent bad experience that left me apprehensive about putting myself out there. I now believe that it happened because I opened myself to the wrong kind of people - the kind that quickly write off a person the second they put a foot out of line. I do also get the sense that they might have subconsciously viewed me as 'different', and exploited this event as a valid reason to cast me out.

I believe that there is a certain 'type' that we gravitate towards, and it's usually the wrong type. Perhaps the people like you and me will one day find the right 'clique' of which we belong to.

The hardest part about having to re-integrate yourself socially is that your instincts, rather you're paranoid or not, will tell you that there are people (many, usually) who want to take advantage of you. Where this gets dicey is within the psychological reasoning. MOST of the time, they're just resistant people because people by nature do not like change, especially negative change. All that I'm saying is that there is a difference between a person that's just ignorant in a situation and doesn't really know what they're doing and makes a mistake, and a person who knows exactly what they're doing and deliberately makes that same mistake. Not everybody is gifted with foresight and, more often times than not, people tend to fall short of that aspect. A panicked frenzy is also somewhat common when it comes to social formalities as people get older and feel less and less secure about meeting societal standards and because of that their thoughts aren't complete thoughts, they're half-thoughts, often unfortunately leading to a string of irreparable mistakes. This is often the case and is most common with younger people that lack life experience, or with older people whom have already made those irreparable mistakes and are stuck in their own Limbo of sorts, unable to find another way to be or to obtain a higher state of being due to those mistakes which bind them.

I spent years closed up and cold, never allowing anybody into my heart and soul. Now I have stared to let that warmth of love inside of me again. It feels like I am defrosting. Taking that leap where you open up and decide to trust someone with your heart, it’s ******* terrifying. Can only describe it as turning your insides out, revealing everything inside. 
Doing this opens you up for so much hurt. Living without it also hurts. Think we all got to decide what we want. Lonelyness forced down on ourself or the possibility of getting hurt by others.
I hope you are able to make the connection that even tho this person hurt you, it doesn’t mean the next one will. 
Take precautions of who you decide to trust and hope for the best.
Sending some love your way. 🌈

Please don't be sad.. there is a point to everything really, and if there is no point- still there is life lessons to learn.

Puddled Duck said:
How did you get betrayed?

I was left in a bad situation by my friend who know the situation was dangerous. Now to make matters worse all the blame is being placed at my feet.

Lonewolf33 said:
Puddled Duck said:

I was left in a bad situation by my friend who know the situation was dangerous. Now to make matters worse all the blame is being placed at my feet.

Do you want to talk about it?
Or maybe it’s too personal?
*hug*

Jessicat said:
Lonewolf33 said:
Puddled Duck said:

Do you want to talk about it?
Or maybe it’s too personal?
*hug*

I know I’m being vague I’m just still raw over it.

Lonewolf33 said:

Hi!

I read your post and I know that you chose to vent but I was wondering what did you do? What choice did you make that was against your better judgement that could make you feel so bad about yourself? If you care to share.

You don’t have to share if you don’t want to. 
But, we are here if you do. 
🌈

I rarely get into such situation since no-one I know in real life, wants to get close to me, and what friendships there are are mainly surface level.

In the past I noticed some people would act friendly at first in order to draw me out so they could get an idea whether I was good enough (I'd invariably fail the test). It’s difficult to read the signs in such instances because the person is doing what they can to appear genuine. In your case it seems like you were used as a friend of convenience, but again this attitude and the lack of value placed on you is difficult to identify until something happens that makes it obvious.

ardour said:
In the past I noticed some people would act friendly  at first in order to draw me out so they could  get an idea whether I was good enough (I'd invariably fail the test).

I've been there. And I think that it was them who failed by showing you that they're the type that does that to a person.

ardour said:
I rarely get into such situation since no-one I know in real life, wants to get close to me, and what friendships there are are mainly surface level.

In the past I noticed some people would act friendly  at first in order to draw me out so they could  get an idea whether I was good enough (I'd invariably fail the test). It’s difficult to read the signs in such instances because the person is doing what they can to appear genuine.   In your case it seems like you were used as a friend of convenience, but again this attitude and the lack of value placed on you is difficult to identify until something happens that makes it obvious.

Yes I’be been similar situations and in this instance I’ve failed the test. You go from one week where you’re talking all the time to barely getting a single text.

Jessicat said:
You don’t have to share if you don’t want to. 
But, we are here if you do. 
🌈

I didn’t share the situation because the work I do I just don’t want to disclose or. Let’s just say that if it ever came to light about my psychological thoughts it would jeopardize me.

Trusting others is a sometimes difficult issue.  You want to be able to be yourself and share what's on your mind - but you don't want others to use what you say against you. 
I have found that trusting others is imperative to growing as a person and having friends. But, I am careful as to how much of myself that I express at one time.  I share a little at a time.
If the other person dishonors my trust - I limit what I share with them going forward.
When I find people that I can trust - those people become friends.  Friends allow me to let me tell them how I honestly feel and people I can share my deep thoughts with.
Hope that helps.  Keep trusting but be wise about who you fully open up to.

TheRealCallie said:
If you go long periods of time without interacting with people, you tend to forget how people can be and not see the signs that could show you not to trust someone.  Going so long usually ends one of two ways, you trust too easily or you distrust everyone.  

Trusting anyone, no matter how much you trust them, is a risk.  But, if you don't take those risks, you won't find the people who really care.  Don't give up, look back on this situation and learn from any mistakes you might have made, any signs that could have warned you, or maybe it's not as it appears to be and they didn't do what you think they did.  (I'm not saying they did or did not, but not knowing what they did, it could be possible)

Hello!

Thanks true. My neighbor that lives over me, who is the property manager for the complex I live in, was asked to receive a package for me, since the complex doesn't have any bells and the landlord refuses to install any. When I went to the rental office to retrieve the package that she had told me that had come, it wasn't the package that I hadn't expected to see.

When I came into the office, I noticed that a box of pizza was on the table and the bathroom that was adjacent to the office stink! I have to admit that I was secretly accusing her of taking my package or not being available, when they had come around 3pm. I sent her a text explaining what Walmart.com had said about the package. When she didn't replied, I began my accusation.

Latest posts

Back