Do you have a morning ritual?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NiecyMouse

Reaction score
I've been trying to set some goals to get my life back on track and found out that rituals are important. Do you have any morning ritual that helps you be productive or reach goals? Would you like to share them?

Hi yes interesting never thought about this before.In our house no two mornings the same really , kid to nursery ,peeps dropped at train stations and sometimes I actually get in the van and go straight to work.

But after all that I am a creature of habit .Before all the above I have to meet two needs , a good breakfast and twenty minutes of quiet just sorting my day in my head.
I like to sit in my favourite chair look out at the darkness outside(January) and eat my tea and toast .This is where I remember stuff I've forgotten and sort timings in my diary ,how long jobs will take etc and just generally wake up.Even if I'm late which is rare I have to have that time to sort stuff ,is important to me.

That's it really pretty simple but is how I motivate myself for the day.

I do and want to add having breakfast and keep forgetting

I did...living with other people who seem to like variables in their day for whatever reason has somewhat nerfed that. My morning rituals of coffee and breakfast and being awake 3 hours before I had to be at work were something I was extremely adamant about in the past. That's what make me able to do everything that I was able to do. My roommates are less inclined to be respectful of it and have a tendency likewise to have many factors all over the place, much like the scrambled eggs with cheese that I used to make myself for breakfast every morning. lol. They're definitely important, and definitely help improve the quality of life.

I wouldn’t call this a ‘ritual’ as it’s a necessary part of my weekdays, but I find a good brisk walk sets me up for the rest of the day. I walk my son to school in the morning, then walk to work - about 40 minutes of walking all told. It wakes me up (I’m not really a morning person), gives me a chance to quietly go over my priorities for the day as I’m walking and gives me a bit of exercise. Plus, of course, fresh air, nature and exercise are proven mood boosters if you’re feeling a little down.

Latest posts

Back