Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone ever feel deprived of physical contact?
It just dawned on me how desperate I am for human affection.

Most of the time I can go without really thinking about it.  But when I do it drives me crazy - I feel like I am imprisoned in a glass dome that prevents me from ever reaching out and touching anyone.  My mother hugs me if I offer it, but there's only so much physical affection you can get from a family member before it gets weird.  whenever I visit my brother or sister it's a quick 'buddy' hug - nothing more. Cos, again, anything too deep would be weird.  There isn't really anyone else that I can receive physical contact from.

What do you do to stop yourself from being driven mad by lack of affection?
To quote a popular werewolf film - 'Everyone's cursed.  It's called life'
I miss being touched by someone who loves me.
*Virtual hug*

I actually contemplated using a spare foam pillow as a 'hug buddy'. Sad, right?
when girls would say bye to me we'd touch cheek to cheek and that feels incredible. and when i would sell tickets at the theater i would feel good when girl would touch my hand (Big Grin
"From my mind to these pages
to another time and another reader's eyes,
it's amazing how I can speak to you
over time and distance.
That is the Beauty of Literature."
-P.L.R.
It goes away after a long enough time and, eventually you forget entirely what it's like. I suppose it's better than the lingering feeling of desire. It took me about two and a half to three years to adjust and get used to it. Up until that point though, yes, it was maddening. Enough so that I'm actually on the fence about putting myself into a position where I'd have to go through that feeling again out of potential false hope. No hope is better than false hope, IMO, because at least no hope is definitive. No hope doesn't bother me, assholes bother me. lol.
"Of Fire in Nature, Love in Spirit unkenned,
Life, hath no axle, no spring, and no End"
Yea most days I try not to think but when I do it kills me how affection starved I am. I can’t remember the last time I was even kissed that wasn’t just one of those faux friendly kisses. Things like cuddling, holding, etc are completely out of the question for me.
(01-28-2019, 07:21 PM)hewhowalksalone Wrote: *Virtual hug*

I actually contemplated using a spare foam pillow as a 'hug buddy'.  Sad, right?

Sad? Don’t think that’s sad at all. 
I got one already. It’s not one of those foam thingys but just one of my regular pillows.
I take good care of him, never let him touch the ground. I hug and squeeze him and tell him (yes, it’s a he) that I love him. 
I even danced for him. ❤️
And yes, I can see all the crazy chick alarms going off. 😜
Scarlett Pillowhansson is in serious need of upgrading.
Yes. For me, the lack of physical contact, and affectionate contact at that, is a big contributor to my depression and loneliness. I will be 43 soon, and I can't remember what I hug feels like. As far as I remember, I can only recall getting 1 hug in my life, and that was from my nan, back in 1996. But I can't remember what it felt like. I've never held hands. Never cuddled. Haven't had my first kiss. Not that I haven't wanted to, just that I have never found a woman who wants to share those things with me. All my life from adolescence onward I was told that if I wanted to be touched, to feel contact with another person, that I would have to go and pay for it. That it would have to be a cold, meaningless business transaction, nothing more. That that was all I deserved really.

I used to hug pillows. Sometimes would hug those big packs of toilet paper. But yeah, nothing really takes the place of that human contact ... even when you've never really had any, you crave something you've never known.
(01-28-2019, 11:13 PM)hewhowalksalone Wrote: Scarlett Pillowhansson is in serious need of upgrading.

Is she getting worn out? 
😂

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Places you go to feel better Tealeaf 40 5,913 06-07-2019, 05:46 PM
Last Post: duracell
  Does anyone else feel this way? ITellYouHhwut 5 387 04-16-2019, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Richard_39
  How do you feel now compared to when you joined? jetsuo 93 18,029 03-15-2019, 12:52 PM
Last Post: HorseLatitudes
  I need help. I feel invisible to women. Tachyonprince 10 755 02-27-2019, 12:33 PM
Last Post: sriguhan
  Anyone else feel like they are always the one that doesn't belong? DeadImaginaryFriends 66 14,458 01-12-2019, 08:08 AM
Last Post: VanillaCreme
  I feel invisible SomethingOriginal 4 682 11-17-2018, 08:45 AM
Last Post: DeepTxWater
  i feel like im avoided as if im carrying a disease clover4you 8 1,372 10-04-2018, 08:48 AM
Last Post: TammyLynn1972
  You gotta ask yourself one question....do you feel lucky? Richard_39 8 1,884 05-05-2018, 05:13 PM
Last Post: kamya
  Does anyone feel closer to a higher power due to their loneliness? mattsmom 30 5,848 05-01-2018, 03:25 PM
Last Post: sometimesthewolf
  Is there any thing I can do or say to make you feel better? Seahorse 10 1,880 12-20-2017, 01:25 AM
Last Post: Volt