Does anyone ever feel deprived of physical contact?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Azariah said:
oh yea, i don't know how i'd be right now if it wasn't for my dog.

You have a dog? 🐶 
I love animals. I’ve had cats and dogs all my life. 
It’s interesting to learn their body language. 
Nothing better that a cat who rubs up against your leg or a wet nose kissing you.

Yeah but not after they've sniffed fifteen lamposts :D that have had numerous doggie legs cocked up them ;)

Joturbo said:
Yeah but not after they've sniffed fifteen lamposts :D that have had numerous doggie legs cocked up them ;)

😂
Hey! 
My baby girl is.... ehh.. i guess she is dirty. 😜
I don’t mind tho. Would never give up her kisses.
Your yorkie gets some to.

Jessicat said:
Joturbo said:

😂
Hey! 
My baby girl is.... ehh.. i guess she is dirty. 😜
I don’t mind tho. Would never give up her kisses.
Your yorkie gets some to.

Look I'll  go to a nose rub if I'm in a good mood..but he's really a guard dog I like him fierce when it's needed.Now my big dog I've seen where he sticks his nose ....not going near that lol

Oh sorry you kiss my Yorkie....I'm sure he'd love that😁

hewhowalksalone said:
Don't worry, Ardour, I didn't say anything nasty or insulting.  I just misunderstood what you said, that's all.

If you were offended over what was interpreted as a generalization about middle aged men (presumably you are one like me?), then just to be clear I was generalizing a bit. Complaining about this as an unattractive and/or older straight male will have you quickly labelled a creep or the next mass shooter (this now thanks to incels), and there's enough stigma already to deal with.

This isn't a need: Plenty of people spend their entire lives without anything except maybe very occasional hugs from relatives.

Understood. It's not even like I'm 'horny' or anything - I have a rare problem that caused my puberty to be inefficient. And because I look like a scrawny teen, I completely and fully understand that women in their 30's are never going to want to sleep with me. I think that if I had regular physical contact from friends - just a simple hug, or a 'chummy' hand over shoulder that shows that somebody feels affection towards me, I'd be content with that. It's the little things like that that I long for.

hewhowalksalone said:
Understood.  It's not even like I'm 'horny' or anything - I have a rare problem that caused my puberty to be inefficient.  And because I look like a scrawny teen, I completely and fully understand that women in their 30's are never going to want to sleep with me.  I think that if I had regular physical contact from friends - just a simple hug, or a 'chummy' hand over shoulder that shows that somebody feels affection towards me, I'd be content with that.  It's the little things like that that I long for.

Just to make you feel normal, yeah. Unfortunately in anglo/western culture platonic gestures between friends or family aren't as common as they are in other parts of the world, and in some families completely absent.

Gerardo said:
I completely understand the feeling. At least I get hugs from my dogs, but I'd love to feel some human affection too.

Awww. You got dogs? What breeds? 🌈

I have three, two of which are rescued and one was bought. Two beagles and one mixed which I think has some bull terrier in him due to the shape of his head. I really love dogs!

Gerardo said:
I have three, two of which are rescued and one was bought. Two beagles and one mixed which I think has some bull terrier in him due to the shape of his head. I really love dogs!

That’s great! 
I love dogs too. ❤️
Bull terriers are amazing dogs. Such clowns! 😄

I love the 'droopy' appearance that St. Bernards have - if only they didn't make me think of 'Cujo'.

hewhowalksalone said:
I love the 'droopy' appearance that St. Bernards have - if only they didn't make me think of 'Cujo'.

I do too, but.. and that’s a big BUT!
That drooling... 🤢
Turner and Hooch. ****. I cried my eyes off. ❤️

Latest posts

Back