I feel overwhelmed by all the work I have yet to do

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worthless_loser

Reaction score
I've been trying to fix my money problems for a while now.
I have currently been trying to promote that web app I found that wants to pay me for listing businesses.
I'm not having any success so far but I am trying other things.

I keep feeling down that I have to keep learning new things and I still haven't made progress on my problem.
I am not looking to become a multi-millionaire in a month.
Making a few hundred or thousand a month to sustain myself on my own is my ultimate goal so far.

I know it takes time but I am worried that something will happen to my parents like they get killed or die somehow.
Like a car accident or heart attack.
They are both almost 60 and don't take all that good care of themselves.
The only one even interested is my mother but she isn't willing to put in the effort to change.

I've been trying to feel better by watching Infinite Waters self-help videos.
I think maybe if I have a better mentality and stop feeling so morbid I will be in a better position to concentrate on working.
I hope it works and I hope I can improve.

I’m hoping things work out for you. 
Sending some positive thoughts your way.
That morbid feeling, I get that. I tend to wear it as a coat. 😉

It's all a matter of getting your foot in the door and then thereafter finding your niche. I work mostly lower end jobs in retail/back room and stock or in wholesale warehouses because I admittedly don't have the patience or social skillset to deal with the stress that would come with trying to work hotlines in a cubicle, where I'd probably get paid twice the amount of money that I'm currently making. As someone seasoned in work, I can't stress enough that work isn't as much about the money you're making as it is the overall atmosphere you're in and how comfortable you are in it. I've worked higher paying jobs in stressful situations and had a reduced quality in life, and I've worked lower paying jobs in less stressful environments and had a higher quality of life. It's not really about the money, it's about comfort, which is something I didn't really understand when I was younger.

WL, I think you need to focus on your own life not the possibility of your parents having a heart attack or car accident.
I would actually stress that point. Get your own life functioning. And BTW, if you don't, you probably won't be all that able to look after anyone else.

And your parents are almost 60 eh? They still have a few years before the infirmities of age catches up to them. I say that as someone who's over 60.

Latest posts

Back