Anyone with PTSD?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wah

Reaction score
If there are any other sufferers here it would be good to connect. Or if you're just looking to network feel free to PM me.

Yes, I lived through that, but that's not why I'm affected. Thanks for your interest.

Yes, I have PTSD. It's nearly destroyed my life. I lost my job, my home, I became homeless. Nightmares are horrible. Right now I'm working part-time and in transitional housing. I hate all the meds. I'm doing all I can to get better. I have a good therapist. Sorry to hear you have it.

Does a history of being bullied count? I occasionally still think about things that went down in high school. I had things thrown at me in class, and I was shoved and tripped in hallways. And called all kinds of names. It still makes me angry when I think about it - how there were never any consequences for the kids that took part in making my life miserable.

I'm not so sure this is regarded as PTSD, though...

I've been diagnosed with PTSD but I am sceptical. I don't have flashbacks or intrusive memories. Apparently I have disassociated myself from the trauma. I think I might have a lot of repressed memories but I don't really know if I want to go digging them up.

Naturally, I'm curious - but, don't worry, Cleanairfilter - we all respect eachother's privacy on this forum. You don't have to share anything that you're not comfortable with sharing.

Its in my medical records that I have PTSD, but I don't feel like I do.. I take meds for anxiety and depression, so maybe that's why.... its listed in there as trauma to losing my mother at a young age... Who knows if that actually qualifies me for the disorder or not...

hewhowalksalone said:
Naturally, I'm curious - but, don't worry, Cleanairfilter - we all respect eachother's privacy on this forum.  You don't have to share anything that you're not comfortable with sharing.

Thanks, I appreciate it. You're right that I'm not comfortable talking about it, not that there's anything particularly horrific to tell, it just feels a bit personal.

By the way, to respond to your earlier post, bullying can be a cause of PTSD. The criteria has been widened in recent years and trauma is becoming recognised as a widespread public health problem. There's an excellent book on the subject called The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel Van Der Kok.

I enjoy reading up on human psychology and how the mind works. It's all very interesting.

wah said:
If there are any other sufferers here it would be good to connect. Or if you're just looking to network feel free to PM me.

I have P.T.S.D. I think it's from the trauma they call my childhood. I have no solution's, I've been to therapy, I'm still on med's . I guess you could say it all got confusing, so I avoid people. That is why I'm looking to connect here

I have PTSD and just recently retired from the military after 20 years. I deployed 9 time into both Iraq and Afghanistan and I didn't think I would still be here. I was EOD so I saw more than my fare share and I'm not the same. I was blown up some were around 12 times, but I honestly can't remember. I can't sleep and I have nightmares every night and can't fall asleep without my Ambien. Sometimes that leads to waking up and doing something I can't remember.
Since then I have tried dating and it always ends with them wanting to date some one else, the latest I though she liked me, but she was leading me on while sleeping with her roommate. This proves that I am the world's most ultimate loser and have nothing to offer the world. My neighbors hate me, she hates me, and I got nothing else. I thought that I finally met someone that felt different, but boy was I wrong. She hates me and sends me updates of her current relationship.
I'm not sure how much more I can take, because once again once I show interest in them they decide it's time to date other people. She hurt me so bad by leading me on while the whole time she was sleeping with her roommate. That's just how much of a loser I am. Right now I absolutely hate my life and getting close to pulling the trigger.

I always thought PTSD was the result of war.
I am bipolar and schizoaffective.

FergEOD said:
I have PTSD and just recently retired from the military after 20 years. I deployed 9 time into both Iraq and Afghanistan and I didn't think I would still be here.  I was EOD so I saw more than my fare share and I'm not the same.  I was blown up some were around 12 times, but I honestly can't remember.  I can't sleep and I have nightmares every night and can't fall asleep without my Ambien. Sometimes that leads to waking up and doing something I can't remember.  
    Since then I have tried dating and it always ends with them wanting to date some one else, the latest I though she liked me, but she was leading me on while sleeping with her roommate.  This proves that I am the world's most ultimate loser and have nothing to offer the world.  My neighbors hate me, she hates me, and I got nothing else.   I thought that I finally met someone that felt different, but boy was I wrong.  She hates me and sends me updates of her current relationship.
    I'm not sure how much more I can take, because once again once I show interest in them they decide it's time to date other people.  She hurt me so bad by leading me on while the whole time she was sleeping with her roommate.  That's just how much of a loser I am.  Right now I absolutely hate my life and getting close to pulling the trigger.

I’m sorry to hear about your problems. I got PTSD too. 
Your rejections sounds painful. It really sucks when you try to connect with someone and it just doesn’t work. 
Nightmares. I hate them. I hate them with everything I got.
Are you seeing someone that you can talk to about your issues?
Sending some love your way. Hope your day is an ok one. 🌈

Azariah said:
I always thought PTSD was the result of war.
I am bipolar and schizoaffective.

PTSD can be triggered from a traumatic event or other threats to your life. 
Natural disasters, war, abuse, sexual assault, traffic accidents.

Latest posts

Back