Why is loneliness so hard for people to grasp?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Manta

Reaction score
I try to tell my family about how crappy and lonely I feel and they just don't get it. Having someone to watch a few TV shows with is not real companionship. Everyone is so shallow (sorry that word is stuck in my head now). Is it really that baffling? I wish I could rent a person with some depth and have them over so I could demonstrate what a real conversation is.

Have you tried engaging in a conversation about something your family likes? 
What a real conversation is, that’s different for all of us. 
I think that the reason I feel like I’m on the outside doesn’t really have anything to do with others. It’s there regardless. I find that when I meet someone that has that similar sad essence, I can finally have real conversations.
So. 
Maybe your family doesn’t see and feel what you feel and therefore makes it hard for them to relate and engage you.  
Anyways. I’m babbling on about my stuff. 
I hope that you find what you are looking for. 🌈

Depending on the family, it's likely either a case of disinterest or denial. They see you will people, so they just assume you are fine or they don't want to acknowledge that you are lonely because they probably are too.

I think a lot of people refuse to admit they are and/or don't think they should be, so they just go on living like everything is fine. Kind of like a deluded fake it til you make it, I suppose. I don't know, it could work, if done properly, but there's a difference between denial and employing a tool to help you get through something. So really, it depends on the person and the motives/reasoning behind it.

Latest posts

Back