Why can't I beat my insecurities!?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supernatural99

Reaction score
Hey guys.

This problem has been nagging at me for what seems like a century.

I feel like I truly understand what my insecurities are, or atleast I though I did. But whenever I try to face my fears and beat them I get stuck. I am either too scared, anxious, and even angry sometimes.

I have been trying and trying but my wheels keep on turning. Am I stuck to never outgrow what is holding me back? Has anyone ever accomplished beating insecurities? 

If so, could anyone please share help. I know it's not suppose to be easy or anything but I am really trying and am just stuck.

Anyways, I appreciate any help, even if it's knowing I am not alone.

Thanks.

Hey.
I feel you on that.
I can get insecure in social settings sometimes. I used to feel it more before but still get those stabs now and then. I think that my way of dealing with difficult stuff is not a health way at all and I learned it as a byproduct of something hurtful. It’s almost like I get this silence inside of me, everything gets clearer, more simple, I start to get super focused on every detail. Kind of like I’m reading the situation I’m in and trying to.... survive it. 

Anyways. Have you tried to talk to someone about this? Someone professional may be able to help you deal with what’s troubling you. It’s hard to figure out what to do all on your own. 
Can I ask what you are having troubles with? You don’t have to answer. 
Hoping it gets better for you. 🌈

I've beat quite a few of my insecurities.  It's not really a matter of conquering them quickly, but that you don't give up trying.  You most likely will chicken out several times before you have success, you just have to keep trying.  And remember that Rome wasn't built in a day, take small steps.  
If you have problems with social anxiety, next time you are out, say hi to someone you pass.  Don't stop to talk, just say hi and keep walking.  When that gets easier, try adding a comment about the weather, etc etc. 
That's just an example, of course, as I don't know what your issues are.   Go slowly, small accomplishments will get you where you want to be faster than just trying to dive in head first.

Hey too, supernatural99 (the tv show?)  :p

I think some of my insecurities come from me thinking too much. I've got this hyper active brain. I worry so much it's crippling me. So, I'm learning try not to think too much about it, and it works this far.

I'm a quiet person. Stick me in a group of people in real-life, everyone starts talking about all kinds of subjects, half of which I know nothing about, and you'll see me being quiet and eventually going to a corner somewhere. I can never socialize the way people normally do and online chatting is like a godsend. I feel insecure because I can never seem to get a grasp on how to act around other people, make new friends, or even the fact I don't drink alcohol like most people.

Latest posts

Back