"If your IQ is above a certain number life is pretty much unbearable.....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Manta

Reaction score
...and the number isn't even that high."

This was a quote from a Netflix show. I thought it was interesting. Sometimes I think I'm lonely because not that I'm smarter but that I think more than other people and for some reason that sets me apart from them.

IQ means nothing in life, in my opinion.  It might mean you are more book smart, but it says nothing about being smart in other areas.

Maybe a higher IQ means you overthink more than others, but I don't think so since I know plenty of people who overthink the hell out of things who don't have a high IQ.  I think, in reality, it matters how you deal with life, what choices you make and your outlook/attitude.

I try to have a balance: Decent book smarts and decent street smarts. Though, I'm more inclined to book smarts because I'm introverted. Admittedly, most of the "factual" honeysuckle I know, I learned from bootlegged documentaries, wikipedia, and cross-referencing enough times through processing of the scientific method, hence: "factual" information.

Example:
The Sun is roughly 93 Million miles away from Earth. Or roughly 3720 Earth-sized planets away.

Now in all actuality:
Those are pretty round numbers, meaning that this is a rough scientific estimate. In truth, even though we've sent a probe into the sun, it was a kamikaze mission to begin with. The Sun is actually so goddamned hot that if we were to lose our ozone layer,we would subsequently lose our magnetic field, atmosphere and then biosphere pretty much all at the same time and we would all die. However the fate of the future is indefinite. Humans could very well blow themselves into extinction before we actually manage to measure the proper sum and actual, factual distance between the Earth and the outermost convection levels of the Sun.

Protip:
If you want to see a badass Scifi movie, check out Sunshine. Yes, it's not entirely realistic in that it assumes we have sciences that we in fact do not have, however the film is...beautiful, to say the least. messed up, but beautiful. It became one of my favorite scifi movies.

I never worried about my level of smarts. It's not like I'm not smart enough to work a till or fill shelves - as long as I know enough to hold down a simple job, so that I can afford to live on my own in the future, that's all that matters to me.

I class myself as an stupid person with a good imagination and an insatiable curiosity. I think this is preferable tbh. I've worked with a lot of genuinely smart people and I've noticed these types of people rarely seem to be interested in anything outside of their narrow field of expertise.

I have a highish IQ.... But in no way do I feel that it makes me "smart". In fact, I am quite dumb in a lot of areas, and I certainly do not feel smart..... I really don't think IQ has any real bearing on life, or my life anyway.

I like Ian Durys take on high IQers- celebrates them but doesn't extol or put them on pedestals -after all theyre just another variety of '*******'!  :D

[youtube]O0RMj_TmFVo[/youtube]

I took an IQ test in college, it was to help a fellow psych major with a class project. I refused to let him tell me how I scored but it didn't seem all that difficult of a test....kind of fun to do actually. Even if I've had a high IQ all these years it hasn't helped me very much. I've still had a pretty low happiness quotient and an unsuccessful social life.

Latest posts

Back