Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Effects Of Mental Health On Your Outward Appearance To Others
I don't really know how people perceive me. I wish I can see through their eyes when they are looking at me.
"From my mind to these pages
to another time and another reader's eyes,
it's amazing how I can speak to you
over time and distance.
That is the Beauty of Literature."
-P.L.R.
(02-13-2019, 11:04 PM)Azariah Wrote: I don't really know how people perceive me. I wish I can see through their eyes when they are looking at me.

Yes! This.. for sure.
I find it so hard to see myself. 
Wish I could.
When someone do see me.. like really into my soul:
That feels amazing. ❤️
In my case, I have trouble discerning facial expressions, and even fail to understand tones in voices. I've even heard others say things that later I learned they never said at all.

So the problem is.... Smile Somehow I have this personality that draws people in...I have no trouble making friends although I think it is due to my ability to blend in. But the longer I know someone the more confused I become about how they really feel about me. And I can get rather paranoid.

As I creep into old age, I am becoming quite aware of the limits to my interactions with others...and try to maintain enough comfortable alone time so that I don't stress out.

A better explanation may be that instead of trying to be 100% like everyone else, I am learning who I am and what I am comfortable with.
I've been told I come off as aloof, hostile and self-superior when my own self image is an unworthy guy with low self esteem and apologetic for even being alive.

There's a balanced middle way that I try to live and I'm getting a little more comfortable with people and I sense I'm appearing less aloof and hostile.

But that middle way thing? I'm basically acting, maybe faking and for sure not really spontaneous or natural. It can all be so tiring......
Burn the past.  Turn the page, start a new chapter.  Move on.

Faking it. 
Yeah, I do that.
Sometimes I don’t know what I’m feeling at all.
Is it a real feeling or not. Am I happy or just ok. 
Only time I know I’m feeling something for real is when I’m hurting like hell.
I think some people perceive me as arrogant but I never perceive myself that way. Maybe I'm always compensating for insecurity and bitterness and it makes me come off that way.
(02-22-2019, 08:01 AM)Zorananda Wrote: I think some people perceive me as arrogant but I never perceive myself that way. Maybe I'm always compensating for insecurity and bitterness and it makes me come off that way.

I have the same problem. It's like starting from way behind the line of a race. I just shrug it off, really. There's some things in life you can't really understand unless you experience them yourself and this is one of those types of things.
"Of Fire in Nature, Love in Spirit unkenned,
Life, hath no axle, no spring, and no End"
That first impression, it can be a wrong assumption. (Or presumption?, damn I don’t know what word to use)
I’ve experienced several times that my first impressions of a person was wrong.
It is smart to give people a chance, let em show you more than just that first feel.
You might miss out on a really great person.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mental Health Help! Littlesecret 6 1,205 10-02-2014, 03:06 AM
Last Post: ladyforsaken
  Long term effects of bullying - a powerful video from the To This Day Project DesertWolf 8 2,537 03-09-2013, 07:18 AM
Last Post: Politician
  Physical health and confidence Sam_Wright_1988 6 2,093 06-15-2012, 03:29 AM
Last Post: aribeth
  Mental Health LoneHistoric 7 1,467 11-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Last Post: LoneHistoric