RE2 Remake is more lonelier, isn't it?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamburger

Reaction score
Now I am gonna talk about interaction of Leon and Claire. I think, there were more common scenes in original Resident Evil 2. Moreover, after playing as one character, you left some signs. I mean you felt like there's someone else with you in the scary city filled with zombies.
In the remake, I felt really lonely, just like Leon or Claire does not exists. Did you?

It felt like this was the case, but I kinda liked it better because of this. It looked like they've traded some of the Leon/Claire scenes in favor of some more npc interactions, so you still got the story and background info, but felt more isolated and lonely during the game itself and I have to give them some bonus points for that, because it seems like they're actually trying to make this series scary again.
It certainly looks like they're trying to fix some story issues from the old PSX games, Brad's "appearance" in the remake seems to be hinting at that, so slight changes to the scenarios are fine by me.
Maybe they're trying to save some stuff for the DLC's as well.

I was considering this game the other day - wondering if it was worth investing in a PS4. I seem to be indecisive about a lot of things lately.

hewhowalksalone said:
I was considering this game the other day - wondering if it was worth investing in a PS4.  I seem to be indecisive about a lot of things lately.

Then better wait until sales. If you're not a great fan, it's ok, right?

I purchased my PS4 years back when the FF7 remake was announced (still waiting for it!).
As someone who used to play games on PC exclusively for years the PS4 has become my main gaming system and player for Blu Rays and such. Plus I like being able to sit on my bed much more than at my computer desk.

As for RE2 I did notice the lonliness feeling, but I suppose it's just that we have become used to RE games being co-op so much recently. Even with AI controlled team members. I've just got into the sewers playing as Claire myself.

Valkatox said:
I purchased my PS4 years back when the FF7 remake was announced (still waiting for it!).

That was my first JRPG. I'm waiting until it actually comes out and then, I will promptly sell my soul for a television and console to play it on. However, it's supposed to be episodic, I just hope they manage to do it all on the same console. You never know with Square though, not these days anyhow. If they go multiplatform (which I doubt) I'll just grab it on Steam, but I very seriously doubt that'll happen. I mean, we've been waiting for it since Advent Children was announced...and I was still in high school then (lol). It wouldn't surprise me if Square's like...sitting on it, as THE Final Fantasy...I mean, I really ******* hope not. I'd like that game to come out within the next decade...as in, like, before I turn 40. If it's not fully released within the next 10 years, I'll just consider it totally scrapped, or to be like Square's equivalent of heroin.

RE2 DOES feel a lot lonlier. It's like they added in some shading and atmospheric takes from the original Resident Evil but also took a slight influence from the atmosphere of Silent Hill, which also felt totally desolate.

I honestly think that the loneliest game I ever played though was Fallout 3. Though that might be for nostalgia reasons. I remember playing Fallout and Fallout 2 a lot as a kid when I was 10 - 13.  I was wandering around in the Capital Wasteland when that game first game out listening to the in-game Capital Radio with Three Dog, and I was heading toward Rivet City for the first time when I put the controller down and started crying. My ex-girlfriend (who wore glasses) asked me why I was crying and I told her: "Because THIS is how I see the world, ALL the time..."

I just started playing! 
I can't even remember how the original felt  :(

Latest posts

Back