Doing thing's by myself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually really like doing something on my own... like going out for dinner, going to the movies, shopping.

The things I don't really like to do alone: going for walks, going to the beach, or a day trip type adventure day.

I love to do things alone. Fortunately.

Where I falter is a few moments a week when loneliness visits and there is no one with which, nor any place, to escape it.

The right companion, for a few hours a week, and I would be living like a King!

Something'll happen every once in a while that will compel me into action - but it usually leads to an emotional butt-kicking, which then puts me back into my 'accepting my situation' frame of mind.

I'm usually pretty happy doing things on my own. Except, very occasionally, I go for a few days of doing things with somebody else, and then when I have to go back to doing things on my own again I realise how much better it was when I had someone to share it with. Although, ridiculously, whenever I am doing things with somebody else I spend the whole time counting down the hours until I can get back to being on my own again.

Latest posts

Back