A mild anxiety - but not severe

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 150037

Reaction score
Hi, guys.

For the past four days now, I've sort of been in this permanent state of unease - I've not (yet) had any full-blown episodes of hyperventilation, but I feel like I could do.  I can't stop over analyzing my life - I think it's worse because I've been unemployed since the end of December.  Anything I think of doing feels pointless - like there's something better I could be doing.

Any advice on how I could break out of this 'trap'?

My mum and I try to walk around the lake - as long as it isn't bucketing down with rain.

I felt simalar to you when I dropped out of university. Six months of applying for office work I just wasn't passionate about doing.Six months of being in a rut ..job centres , local paper job ads ,just feeling depressed getting to used to being at home in the afternoons after I had done the usual job rounds.

Finally my father got me in through the back door and suprisingly spent the next ten years in the office. Thinking back they were good times I just needed the kick start and the opportunity to get started .

Totally know what you going through hope it pans out ok.

Oh yeah sorry tips...just I believe work just cures so many ills and just gives you structure and purpose in life.I know when I have a day without work say January mostly I start over analysing my life..am I successful enough.... have I achieved enough... am I in the right job..stuff I just don't think about when I'm so involved with the physical and technical complexities of my work.So apart from keeping busy on projects just any sort of work.There again being self employed I'll just do anything for cash within reason.

I’ve recently started on anxiety drugs. 
Going to be exiting to see if it helps. 
Anyways.

Sending good thoughts your way. 
😁
Hmm... tips..
Exercise, fresh air, doing something positive that you like.
Distract yourself from the thought in some way, any way. 
I think exercise helps me the most. I have a dog so she needs to go outside. 
Gives me a kick in the butt.

Do honeysuckle. Go out and have fun. Watch a movie or read a book, get a new hobby or volunteer. Whatever, just stay busy. Do you meditate at all? That has helped me a lot with anxiety.
It's not easy to break the cycle, but it is doable. Also try breathing....it's a great help. :p

hewhowalksalone said:
Hi, guys.

For the past four days now, I've sort of been in this permanent state of unease - I've not (yet) had any full-blown episodes of hyperventilation, but I feel like I could do.  I can't stop over analyzing my life - I think it's worse because I've been unemployed since the end of December.  Anything I think of doing feels pointless - like there's something better I could be doing.

Hi- I have a friend who is out of job since November. While waiting for employment, he is taking advantage of his free time - going out with his family, biking and walking.

Try to enjoy your time with your Mom. Walking outside especially with sunlight is good in uplifting mood. Do things that you will love. I Hope things will get better for you, you are in m y prayers. God bless.

Hewho, How have you been doing? Have you had a chance to get out of the house for a short walk or maybe some window browsing at the mall?

I know that when I have felt like that in the past, I have made myself go to the beach... even if it is winter... (I don't know if there is an ocean or lake near you) But there is something calming about the water for me, breathing the fresh air..... it just changes my perspective.

Danielle said:
Hewho,     How have you been doing?   Have you had a chance to get out of the house for a short walk or maybe some window browsing at the mall?

I know that when I have felt like that in the past, I have made myself go to the beach...  even if it is winter... (I don't know if there is an ocean or lake near you)   But there is something calming about the water for me, breathing the fresh air.....  it just changes my perspective.

Ohh.
I couldn’t agree more. 
The sea it’s so relaxing and calming.
Even in full storm, soaking up that energy is... beautiful. ❤️

A walk around Furzton always makes me feel better. Perhaps another family trip will come soon.

I had a doctor once that told me to sit with my back straight. If i did that for two months i'd feel better. I'm typing this lunched over.

Try not to dwell on the thought. Usually, I made myself do something that involves physical labor to distract my brain, like cleaning the house, or made myself something to eat/drink.

I've been getting back into my writing projects - started a brand new story. Maybe that'll distract me.

Yes. Thank you. I applied for two jobs this week, so maybe I'll get something soon.

Fingers crossed.

hewhowalksalone said:
Hi, guys.

I'd say there has to be a reason for this kind of reaction from you. What's up with your life right now?

Nothing's changed since my original message, if that's what you mean, E.N.S. :)

I'm currently waiting to hear back from two jobs I applied for. Searching for stuff going on in my area that can get me out. Meetup.com is a bust - there's just nothing on there that's suitable for me nowadays. But I'm just giving myself projects and making sure that I get off my lazy butt and go out when my mother offers me the opportunity.

Does that answer your question sufficiently? :)

Latest posts

Back