A mild anxiety - but not severe

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hewhowalksalone said:
Hi, guys.

For the past four days now, I've sort of been in this permanent state of unease - I've not (yet) had any full-blown episodes of hyperventilation, but I feel like I could do.  I can't stop over analyzing my life - I think it's worse because I've been unemployed since the end of December.  Anything I think of doing feels pointless - like there's something better I could be doing.

Any advice on how I could break out of this 'trap'?

Hi HWWA I was thinking along the lines of investigating the unease/dissatisfaction and bringing to light where you want to head for- also any kind of dissatisfaction could be the engine that drives you forward. 
A possible analogy could be - youre hacking through a jungle but going in circles until it really does seem pointless- what you could need is perspective and elevation. Climb a tree and identify where you want to go -this could mean getting out of your comfort zone but could bring clarity to your path ahead. This is what came to mind-apologies if im way off track and waffling! Anyhow best of luck  :D

I appreciate your words of wisdom - and love the analogy. You are right - though I'm not too confident going places on my own. That's my main barrier. I only really go out if I'm with a family member. I could stand to be a little more persuasive, I suppose.

Latest posts

Back