Should schools teach the National anthem?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Joturbo

What do you think?I've got no opinion on it really just saw it discussed on a morning show where it created some strong views..just thought it interesting.

I think they should.
Part of learning about our own country. ❤️

What’s your opinion Joturbo?

hewhowalksalone said:
Why shouldn't  they?

To avoid inplanting the notion in a childs mind that we are separate teams competing for global domination which can only end in nuclear annihilation- that's why.

Jessicat said:
I think they should.
Part of learning about our own country. ❤️

What’s your opinion Joturbo?

Myself being proud to be British ...it wouldn't bother me.Also anything but sing bloody Cum by ah me Lord.. cum by ah...which we sang at every bloody assembly in the mornings at school :club:

Chief broom said:
hewhowalksalone said:
Why shouldn't  they?

To avoid inplanting the notion in a childs mind that we are separate teams competing for global domination which can only end in nuclear annihilation- that's why.

Ahh! 
Let’s not nuke each other huh.  
Can’t we do that in a more efficient way rather than removing the anthem song.

Chief broom said:
hewhowalksalone said:
Why shouldn't  they?

Good point. Hadn't looked at it that way.

I think they should, as part of a History lesson. Not as something that the children need to get up and sing everyday

I know here in the States, each morning at school, students are expected to Pledge allegiance to the Flag.....Which I grew up doing. But I know this does not resonate well with all families, etc. This is a hot button topic and one that I usually stay away from...but I think no matter where you live, you should learn about your country, the flags, the anthems, the customs, as part of History class, but not something that people are forced to do each day at school or work.

Danielle said:
I think they should,  as part of a History lesson.  Not as something that the children need to get up and sing everyday

I know here in the States,  each morning at school, students are expected to Pledge allegiance to the Flag.....Which I grew up doing.  But I know this does not resonate well with all families, etc.  This is a hot button topic and one that I usually stay away from...but I think no matter where you live,   you should learn about your country, the flags, the anthems, the customs, as part of History class,  but not something that people are forced to do each day at school or work.

Yup.. This. 
Perfect. ❤️

I think any form of Nationalism is obsolete in today's open borders no frontiers world. So no. Especially if the country in question has been incredibly reprehensible on the international scene (like Canada and his premier Justin Troud'cul who can't even admit he pressured in the SNC scandal) then why the hell would you be proud of it?
My country's lasting contribution to the world is murdering Indians and Frenchmen and maply syrup and mooses. I'll sing the national anthem when they shoot me full of holes and plug windchimes in my ass.

Not to mention, Nationalism to the extreme can lead to violence. It often does.

I like singing God save the Queen.I'm a bit of a royalist think they great for tourism but wish they'd spend a little bit less on luxury and help the poor in England. The rich v poor divide is getting a bit wider every year..maybe turn a palace or two into starter home sites free of foreign buyers that treat them like gold bars.This view was made under the influence of a large hangover so may not be entirely accurate..unless of course down the pub😉

God save the spleen.

Sorry, I thought of it, and I couldn't stop chuckling to myself.

Latest posts

Back