Has any book or movie made an impact on you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few...

Books: 1984 and Stranger in a Strange Land just to name a couple.

Films: Hmm, hard to say. Perhaps 2001, Gattaca.... but I don't know. Perhaps I'm not as much of a movie guy as I thought.... at least when it comes to them making a huge impact on me.

Lol, The Phantom Tollbooth, which I read when I was about 7. It taught me to value everything around me.

I can't really think of one except for maybe creeping me out for awhile, but that is a different thread.

yes...
several...

'the real rules'... but that book is for women only.

i donno.. i just think every movie that i watch impacts me

There was this one book that I read a long time ago. I can not remember the name of it but it was about an indian spirit guide. It is the only book that I have ever read from front to back and I can remember I could not put it down. That I think made an impact on me.

Yes, the lovely bones. It really helped me accept a difficult time in my life.

A relationship I was had ended in an accident, of which be both didn't survive :( I was young and hopelessly unaware of the feelings that would later follow.

The book deals with the idea of a loved one dying, and follows her family around there after and details how they cope with their grief. It is really hard to explain but it is a truly beautiful book, and not quite as depressing as I have made it sound.

Either way, it helped me come to terms, and lessen the guilt i put onto myself. Infact, that's the first time I have mentioned that in any form in about 3 years..

Give it a read people :)

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone was the first full length novel I ever read and that made me realize that reading can actually be an enjoyment. It is shameful how little reading I do these days though. Perhaps when timing is more favourable.

From books I have read recently is the Bible. Well I haven't read the whole thing as it is so thick and with limited time it is slow progress. But I have totally fallen in love with the book. Especially with Ecclesiastes, currently my favourite book in the Bible.

Naleena said:
Satyr said:
The Exorcist...

Keeps getting funnier, EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT!

what?...

RFLMAO!!!! I'm having pea soup for dinner, shall I set another place for you? ;)

By all means!

There's nothing more attractive than a woman that can spin her head around 360 degrees and projectile vomit at will.

I stand by my statement.

The guy I play ping pong with occasionally, who is a philosophy major got me to read The Death Of Ivan Ilyich and I didn't realize how much it affected me until very recently, it really put things into perspective and showed just how much death is covered up and not talked about by people and how no one really admits to themselves that they will die eventually, but if you can face up to your mortality there's nothing that you can't face

Satyr said:
By all means!

There's nothing more attractive than a woman that can spin her head around 360 degrees and projectile vomit at will.

I stand by my statement.

Ok! One more for dinner :) Here ya go..............

**Hands Satyr the bowl and a pair of googles. ****

Put these on. Hold up the bowl, no, a little higher...............that should do............. and........................
exorcist1.jpg

Did you get enough? I think I see some carrots floating around in that. Mmmmmmmmm, chunky soup!

RFLMAO!!! Yeah, I'm digusting ;)

NeverMore said:
The guy I play ping pong with occasionally, who is a philosophy major got me to read The Death Of Ivan Ilyich and I didn't realize how much it affected me until very recently, it really put things into perspective and showed just how much death is covered up and not talked about by people and how no one really admits to themselves that they will die eventually, but if you can face up to your mortality there's nothing that you can't face

Tolstoy, eh? I actually have this one on my bookshelf but haven't read it. But I like how you've described it here; it sounds right up my alley. Thanks NM!

Latest posts

Back