Thanks for the activation! Greetings...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Germund

Reaction score
I got tired of wondering if I should write my introduction or not and here it is. "Out of fashion" would probably describe me best, I think. 

English is not my first language and so I may not get everything you say the right way or at all. Sorry in advance for that. 

I lead a lonely life because the "cost" of a more social life is relatively high. It doesn't go well with my need for interaction, but my outgoing episodes were even worse, so I am currently in the extreme that I prefer even if it is not good. Not sure how a man with my personality will ever find a social life that's more fulfilling. It just seems to be a contradiction. 

Another way to describe me is perhaps as thinking, and specialized in the dark and muddy, hidden side of almost everything. It often seems that way.

Welcome.
Hope you find what you are looking for.
Hmm. You got me curious.
What’s your personality like?

Jessicat said:
Welcome.
Hope you find what you are looking for.
Hmm. You got me curious.
What’s your personality like?

Thanks! 
Try me? What do you want to know? Send me a PM, since I'm not too comfortable on the WWW. I am naturally curious myself by the way.

Greetings. I would also love to find out more about your interests. Are you creative at all?

hewhowalksalone said:
Greetings.  I would also love to find out more about your interests.  Are you creative at all?

Thanks for writing in my thread!

Sure, but not systematically so. I need to find the balance between work, discipline, freedom, nourishment, and accomplishment. For the time being, artistic creativity could easily tip things over too much. 

What is your creative interest?

I write fiction - mostly fanfiction revolving around 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' or 'Doctor Who' - and the odd zombie genre. But I've been trying to write stories outside of those areas. Watch many movies?

hewhowalksalone said:
I write fiction - mostly fanfiction revolving around 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' or 'Doctor Who' - and the odd zombie genre.  But I've been trying to write stories outside of those areas.  Watch many movies?

I used to but it stopped being meaningful in and of itself at a point, from where I watch a few each year at the most. 

Doctor Who makes me think of that song Doctorin' the Tardis by The Timelords, and that glam rocker Gary Glitter. 

https://my.mail.ru/mail/tina-12366/video/245/26002.html <-odd site, never seen before, but the video is good quality for something from the '90s. 

I can enjoy a sci-fi or horror flick.

My movie viewings tend to be scattered as well - sitcoms are my most common viewing. They're like a default activity for me.

hewhowalksalone said:
My movie viewings tend to be scattered as well - sitcoms are my most common viewing.  They're like a default activity for me.

Which sitcom do you like best at the moment? What is it about?

I wanted to upload an avatar but not knowing what to do and not feeling like being serious about such a thing as an avatar I ended up looking for grumpy cats instead... hence the avatar.

Hello, nice to meet you. Nice community here. You play games? PC or console?

'That 70s' show' - it's based on a group of teenagers living in the 70s'. Funny stuff.

Enpatsu No Shakugan said:
Your English is pretty great to me, despite not being your original language! Welcome!

Thanks, and yes I think it's alright, but when I read the threads I see that there are posts where although I understand the words, I do not get all the expressions and the jargon, and so I miss the point. Thanks for the welcome!

Latest posts

Back