Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who here really enjoys conversation?
(02-27-2019, 05:25 AM)Hazed Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 05:00 AM)Enpatsu No Shakugan Wrote: Oh yeah, everything in life requires a proper balance. Excessive machoness is boring, but you gotta show at least that you're confident/capable enough, or at least someone worth talking to who's beyond just a pity party. I meant it more as once you establish THAT, then women are really interested to delve deeper into you and find out where and what you've been through. You develop trust with someone when you show them your insecurities and trust them with it, and they in return.
That's real intimacy.

Yeah, I don't wear my hear on my sleeve to just anyone. Think of a cat. Cats are guarded and distrustful a bit until you earn their trust; then they'll cuddle up close to you and nap with their bellies (IE, any vulnerable part) exposed. Because they both like and trust you.
It takes work, but once you get there, it's okay to drop the guard.

Thanks for the reply, despite the lack of interest! I guess something spurred you on? Toungue

Yeah i agree with you. I feel the real challenge is keeping it interesting. If the relationship gets boring it will weaken and fall apart. When one of the two loses interest i find that it's hard to rebuild. Like, you have to work towards something together to keep a relationship going. That's what i'm trying too in the one i refered to. 

Yes, you did, haha. I can relate to the way you think. I enjoy reading your posts to be honest. It's just that i don't want to give you any false hope, i think that would be dishonest. If it helps, i'm not female.

I've honestly never had that problem, to be honest. When I click with someone, there's enough content to last a lifetime, so much so I regularly have to make notes of things I WANT to bring up otherwise they'll get lost as things continually evolve.

I've never feared running out of things to talk about with someone I click with. Nor has it ever come close to happening.

I was actually interning at a shoe shop (long story), but the guy who owns it who let me in has a wholly skewered view of how I view women. He saw me reading one of my novel-length emails to the first girl, when I was first meeting her, and he was literally confused at how I could talk to a woman to that level; clearly showcasing that's not his style.
He too brought up the point of "Aren't you afraid you're going to run out of things to talk about?"

And I was more confused by THAT than anything else. I realized that he viewed what was a genuine connection with me as superficial chit-chat you'd make with someone to never have an awkward silence.

Needless to say, whoosh. I absolutely abhor how he treats and views relationships, so I'm glad he doesn't understand. He's a real sociopath, and I could write a few novels on him.

But to answer, I don't worry about such things. If I can be myself with someone, it doesn't happen. Ever. I'm a hot flame, after all.

And, hahahaha, you didn't have to take THAT much extra concern, man. Toungue

Thanks for popping in though! That alone counts more than enough! You've contributed more than you probably wanted to! But I warned you, I'm pretty fiery to talk with. Smile
[Image: giphy.gif]
This vaguely reminded me of a song a really like.

Ironically, I'm naturally a pessimist but...when I was 17, a childhood friend of mine died at the age of 21 from a terminal condition of cancer. Me, his younger brother, and a couple of old friends of mine, we all decided to try to take on aspects of his personality into ourselves in honor of his memory. I chose to try to balance myself with his optimism. I don't...really talk to those friends anymore, as I'm now 30, and our lives have gone in different directions. His younger brother actually moved out of the U.S. entirely, to Russia, where their family was from. I can dig him up through modern social media though I...don't have the greatest relationship with such developments. When he died, he left me a gaming console. A first shipment Xbox 360. It still works, I plugged it in a few months ago just to test it, but I never actually use it. It has sentimental value to it. I actually previously replaced it at some point because I thought it was dying...his younger brother called it his ghost, and that kinda hit me hard.

Anyway...I admire people that have the strength to maintain optimism. I try to, despite my natural disposition. Unfortunately, my natural disposition to pessimism tends to actually work in my favor however I...still try to remain optimistic, I challenge myself with it, you know? I'm a strongass motherfucker, but...not like that. I mean, maybe it's because I've seen too much pain and suffering in my life., but I still keep at least one candle burning. One flicker of hope. One for all of my dead friends.
"Of Fire in Nature, Love in Spirit unkenned,
Life, hath no axle, no spring, and no End"
Quote:I'm not going to rush into or force anything, but I need to re-establish something with someone right now. It's kind of hard to describe and a long story, but I'm definitely interested in forging new connections wherever I can right now. I feel like it's the one thing I really need above all else. Not my everything, but a big missing piece right now.

Then I wish you good luck!  I hope we'll be able to talk about your story one day!  

One a side note,  your user name and dp just brought back so many happy memories  Big Grin Shakugan no Shana was one of my favorites back when I was in college. That girl is just too adorable <3
(02-27-2019, 11:32 AM)IncolaVacui Wrote: Anyway...I admire people that have the strength to maintain optimism. I try to, despite my natural disposition. Unfortunately, my natural disposition to pessimism tends to actually work in my favor however I...still try to remain optimistic, I challenge myself with it, you know? I'm a strongass motherfucker, but...not like that. I mean, maybe it's because I've seen too much pain and suffering in my life., but I still keep at least one candle burning. One flicker of hope. One for all of my dead friends.

I don't know about that, man. The fact you decided to post this convinces me there's still a bit left in you. I don't think you can lose it either! I hope not, anyway! Never delve fully into either; a fine balance is generally optimal.

(02-27-2019, 11:32 AM)sriguhan Wrote:
Quote:I'm not going to rush into or force anything, but I need to re-establish something with someone right now. It's kind of hard to describe and a long story, but I'm definitely interested in forging new connections wherever I can right now. I feel like it's the one thing I really need above all else. Not my everything, but a big missing piece right now.

Then I wish you good luck!  I hope we'll be able to talk about your story one day!  

One a side note,  your user name and dp just brought back so many happy memories  Big Grin Shakugan no Shana was one of my favorites back when I was in college. That girl is just too adorable <3

Yes, hopefully someday! Things have been pretty great today in coming back here; I realized me and this kind of forum mix well. Kinda just what I needed in an unexpected way and have already gotten to chat a bit with some others in a lot surprising places!

Again, not desperation for another girlfriend, but anyone I click with is welcome since I love meeting like-minded people so much.

And hell yes, but I'd say the story was the best part of the entire thing, specifically the 3rd series, which ranks up there as a top anime of mine, and one of the only two I think I've ever given a 10/10.

Japanese only though. Toungue
Quote:Yes, hopefully someday! Things have been pretty great today in coming back here; I realized me and this kind of forum mix well. Kinda just what I needed in an unexpected way and have already gotten to chat a bit with some others in a lot surprising places! 

Again, not desperation for another girlfriend, but anyone I click with is welcome since I love meeting like-minded people so much.

And hell yes, but I'd say the story was the best part of the entire thing, specifically the 3rd series, which ranks up there as a top anime of mine, and one of the only two I think I've ever given a 10/10.

Japanese only though. 

I like it here too, I've stayed away from meeting new ppl online for so long thinking it would never work out, but now I'm ready to give it another shot. 

I just loved the way SnS ended, I remember impatiently waiting for an episode to be released every week... 

Ofc, only on Japanese audio with subs xD
I have little in common with others so while I'm quite conversational there aren't many that I want to get to know, seriously. People have become increasingly divided over which way to go as humans. It tends to cause problems for you if your answer is radically different from the regime's answer. While I could pretend that my social problem is mainly psychological, it really isn't. It's metaphysical and political.
There's always Discord.
I'm actually David Blane.
(03-03-2019, 10:57 AM)Xpendable Wrote: There's always Discord.

I like Whatsapp a lot more (at least once you get to know someone). But yeah, many options.
(03-03-2019, 01:25 PM)Enpatsu No Shakugan Wrote:

I like Whatsapp a lot more (at least once you get to know someone). But yeah, many options.

You'd have to give your mobile number away with WhatsApp though, I feel Discord's always safer... until you're more certain.

I didn't read everything in this thread, but I used to be able to do real lengthy conversations. Here, e-mails, texts... now I've lost the drive. I'm pretty sure it's me really. Does it get like that when you get older? Maybe not for everyone, though I do wonder how to reignite that drive once again.
(03-03-2019, 03:39 PM)ladyforsaken Wrote:
(03-03-2019, 01:25 PM)Enpatsu No Shakugan Wrote:

You'd have to give your mobile number away with WhatsApp though, I feel Discord's always safer... until you're more certain.

I didn't read everything in this thread, but I used to be able to do real lengthy conversations. Here, e-mails, texts... now I've lost the drive. I'm pretty sure it's me really. Does it get like that when you get older? Maybe not for everyone, though I do wonder how to reignite that drive once again.

I lost my drive too...
I remember having multiple pm boxes open on yahoo messenger. 
Now, I barely text anyone on whatsapp.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Old guy with varied interests, from the U.S., seeking conversation. DanL53 10 706 02-22-2019, 03:53 AM
Last Post: DanL53
  Guess I could do with some conversation Wanderer145 2 915 06-27-2014, 06:23 AM
Last Post: thelonegamer
  friend for fun conversation krayziekid2k3 0 778 01-16-2012, 06:19 PM
Last Post: krayziekid2k3
  Looking for female friends for conversation AloneInEngland 1 1,194 08-13-2011, 10:23 AM
Last Post: SophiaGrace
  Honest Conversation? DZB 3 1,151 02-03-2009, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Darkener